Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brett
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The East is pretty weak man. It's top heavy...you got Detroit and Indiana, and then everyone else.

Comment

• ALinChainz
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Wilt Chamberlin sucked at free throws too.

Ben Wallace sucks at free throws.

Many greats did, and do.

Comment

• Brett
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ben Wallace ain't Shaq first of all (a great defensive player!), and even he's shooting them better than Shaq!

Now Wilt never shot 20%, I don't care how bad he got.

Shaq of course is one of the greats, but 2-13, 2-16, 3-13 is costing the Lakers games, because you absolutely cannot go to him with the game on the line. He made such improvements last year and has take a total 180 this season.

Comment

• pete
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
          Lou you have no idea who's been banned and for what, so stop believing everything you read on here. I would think you'd be smart enough after all this time on these VH boards to know that people flat out make stuff up and exaggerate everything about everybody and every situation.

If I was such a tyrant, people would have left a long time ago, I'd be talking to myself over there.

Lou you don't know shit about me, you just talk shit. FORD was banned because he didn't like the Lakers? LMFAO! You really believe that? I mean are you that stupid Lou? You can't be. I guess I better ban the ENTIRE forum because NOBODY on there likes the Lakers. LOL, like I care.
          well, believe every word I posted. I was banned before I ever posted.

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Ben Wallace ain't Shaq first of all, and even he's shooting them better than Shaq!

Now Wilt never shot 20%, I don't care how bad he got.

Shaq of course is one of the greats, but 2-13, 2-16, 3-13 is costing the Lakers games, because you absolutely cannot go to him with the game on the line. He made such improvements last year and has take a total 180 this season.
            No, Wallace is not Shaq. But he is Detroit's best defender, and arguably the league's best defender, and they have to make the decision to leave him in or take him out at crunch time too. I'm not dumb enough to compare them as players, but the situations are similar.

The Lakes are only down a game to the Spurs, hardly time to sweat it yet.

I'd rather try to win with him than without him, regardless. Who are they going to go with instead at crunch time? He is still a force in the middle, and without him, the lane is open. He gets the opponents big men in foul trouble too.

Maybe it will take some blown free throws at crucial times to get him to work on them more, but until then, every team in league would try and work with his poor FT%. Lakers have won some rings with him.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Can you take the sports talk to the sports page so we can get back to baggin on eachother! hehehe!!!!

Comment

• Brett
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Who do they go to in crunch time? Dude Kobe, every single time, he takes 90% of the shots in the last two minutes of every game. It would be nice if they could go consistently to Shaq again because he's making 50-60% of the foul shots.

Ben Wallace is a great defender, no argument there. I think the big difference is like you said, the Lakers can't afford to lose him in the middle, plus when he's playing well, he's still the best option on offense. But with the game on the line, there's no way the Lakers are ever going to go to anyone but #8.

They should have won that first game, they played a great third quarter to surge ahead and then just fell apart in the 4th. Not sweating it, but 4th quarter collapses like that scare me.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
                  Can you take the sports talk to the sports page so we can get back to baggin on eachother! hehehe!!!!
                  oops ...

Yeah dudes, take it to the sports forums.

Comment

• seenbad
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2004

But with the game on the line, there's no way the Lakers are ever going to go to anyone but #8.

I can vouch for that. Fuckin bryant. Bastard asshole.
                    sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Comment

• Brett
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I still got that game Tivo'd seen, Ruben Patterson's reaction on that first one is pretty fucking funny.

Comment

• seenbad
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2004

I still got that game Tivo'd seen, Ruben Patterson's reaction on that first one is pretty fucking funny.
                        Fuck you.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I hear ya Brett, just all the "Shaq sucks" , and I'm thinking, "damn, wish we had him, crap free throws and all."

Shaq claims to get fouled everytime he touches it, so guess it's good they don't call them all.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by seenbad
                            I can vouch for that. Fuckin bryant. Bastard asshole.
                            Agree.

He is the major ball hog, an all-timer.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pushing for GUILTY.

Comment

• Brett
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

HAHA you bitter fuckers, you know he's the best player in the NBA.

Shaq doesn't exactly suck, I'm just more frustrated with him this year I guess. I really thought he'd have a massive season, being that he had lost weight was healthier for the most part. I guess I just have to face the fact that he's on the downside of 30 now.

Comment

• seenbad
                                Commando
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                                Agree.

He is the major ball hog, an all-timer.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pushing for GUILTY.
                                fuck yes. Raper. Guilty as hell (unless he really does want to test the waters on that free agency and Portland is an option, in that case, the bitch is an untrustworthy slut ho)

Comment

Working...