Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

We'll see what happens tonight...the Lakers have to sneak this game out...or it's over and out...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Yo pojo... check your PM.... it's trade talk time!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

I checked...as you know...I'll poke around...and see if there is anything there...

Va Beach asked for the same guy...and offered up a bit more than that though...and I said no...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by thefive
          Seriously there is a post that says that he's going to cry?
          There's another one asking if people are going to wear earplugs. I think they should................not for the noise levels, but that shit Van Hagar shit is bound to do damage to one's brain.
          “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
            I've already said 80% of this forum hasn't seen DLR-led VH live. I was born in 1971, (saw VH in 1984 at age 13) I'll fucking go to the mat that anyone born after that year never saw DLR-era VH live.

And don't tell me you were 8 running off to VH shows in 1984. Bullshit.

Brett, I remember you saying on the Links that you never saw VH with Dave live. Did you suddenly get a flashback? Hmmm?
            “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Brett
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I've never said that.

If anything it's the one thing I'm proud of, being 13 and having seen DLR and VH as my first concert.
              Last edited by Brett; 05-06-2004, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Brett
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It's over and out Poj.

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

I've never said that.

If anything it's the one thing I'm proud of, being 13 and having seen DLR and VH as my first concert.
                  Sure asshole, at the age of 13 I bet you have such fond memories of seeing Van Halen!
                  So being a Hagar fan explains who you think Van Halen would have made it without Dave, I see fuckhead.
                  Well having seen Van Halen since the WACF Tour till 1984, that was the true state of seeing Van Halen live, not the bullshit you hype up now, dick!

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jan 2004

Good Old Days!
                    Last edited by VH LINKS SUCKS; 05-06-2004, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• pete
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                      Brett, I remember you saying on the Links that you never saw VH with Dave live. Did you suddenly get a flashback? Hmmm?
                      He's right! When I was 8 I saw QUEEN - 1978

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VH LINKS SUCKS
                        Sure asshole, at the age of 13 I bet you have such fond memories of seeing Van Halen!
                        Hey captain happiness,

First off, thanks for not posting a fucking picture of a dick in your post!!! Anyway, my first concert was also Halen in 1984 when I was 13. I thought Dave was a fucking tard before seeing VH Live in '84. The only VH album that I owned prior was Diver Down and I was too young to get Dave's brilliance. I went for Eddie and also that my Dad scored front row tix to a record sold out show in SLC at the time, I think it was twenty minutes?

Ironically, Brett is about a week or so younger than myself and it's ironic that we both saw Van Halen live at the same age, first concert, etc. Anyway, to answer your question about being 13 and having fond memories I'll answer you since my first VH experience is so similar to Brett's that it freaks me out!!! The Capricorns of 1971 lucked out with Halen in 1984!!!

FUCKIN' A!!!!!! I remember the show like yesterday and I still have my stub in mint condition!!!! Like I said, I went cos I lucked out and wanted to see Eddie but Dave ruled and converted me to Rothism. So, yes at 13 years old there was a significant impact!!!!

How many times were you lucky enough to see the REAL Van Halen buddy?
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

I see this thread is dangerously close to moved out of this forum again...

I've played the Devil's advocate long enough to the original reason why this was brought into this forum...the Lakers and their chances...

I can't see the Lakers coming back from 2 down...doesn't seem possible...but I CAN see it possible that the Lakers dangle 2 wins in a row at home...I can't see anyone stopping Parker from running the team...but if the Lakers can win the home games...watch out for the steal in game five back in SA...

again...no realistic...but possible...

I still say SA in five...but...I'd like to see it go 7...

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                            Hey captain happiness,

First off, thanks for not posting a fucking picture of a dick in your post!!! Anyway, my first concert was also Halen in 1984 when I was 13. I thought Dave was a fucking tard before seeing VH Live in '84. The only VH album that I owned prior was Diver Down and I was too young to get Dave's brilliance. I went for Eddie and also that my Dad scored front row tix to a record sold out show in SLC at the time, I think it was twenty minutes?

Ironically, Brett is about a week or so younger than myself and it's ironic that we both saw Van Halen live at the same age, first concert, etc. Anyway, to answer your question about being 13 and having fond memories I'll answer you since my first VH experience is so similar to Brett's that it freaks me out!!! The Capricorns of 1971 lucked out with Halen in 1984!!!

FUCKIN' A!!!!!! I remember the show like yesterday and I still have my stub in mint condition!!!! Like I said, I went cos I lucked out and wanted to see Eddie but Dave ruled and converted me to Rothism. So, yes at 13 years old there was a significant impact!!!!

How many times were you lucky enough to see the REAL Van Halen buddy?

First off,

Brett's a fucking asshole, End of story on that one!

Secondly, I've seen Van Halen over 30 times and how can you say Dave was a fucking tard before 84? Dave was and will remain the greatest fucking frontman since day one! I thought the 84 tour was great but didn't compare to WACF or Diver Down or Fair Warning tours!

Van Hagar is a fucking joke and a total embarrassment to the legacy of this band! Van Hagar fans are losers for saying that it's not 84 anymore blah blah blah. Well Van Fagar fans don't realize it's not
                            96' anymore either and Hagar is practically fucking 60 now and NOBODY gives a shit about this band anymore with the exception that a DAVE/VH reunion would have been kick ass!

Did I mention Brett Norton is fag?

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jan 2004

Gary Payton is a whiny crybaby, dude sulks all game long. He can't even keep Parker in front of him. It's pretty sad when Derek Fisher is a better alternative than Gary Payton.

The Lakers are famous for letting average point guards look like the second-coming of MJ. Mike Bibby, Tony Parker come to mind.

I said before, Shaq's inability to make free throws makes him pretty useless on the court in the final minutes of games, because you absolutely cannot go to him anymore.

Hey you dumb piece of shit wannabe Laker fan did you catch the game tonight, homo?
                              Yes, you really know basketball, don't you?
                              You don't know shit about Van Halen and add Basketball and especially Laker Basketball to that!
                              Shaq-foo ruled tonight dipshit!
                              And yes, you are a fucking tool, bitch!

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

OMG!!!!

I have been off line for a few day and this shit is still going on! Ok let mama straighten this all out for ya...

Brett is NOT a fag! Hello... he's married!

Seeing VH with Dave at any age will leave a lasting and memorable impression whether you saw them one time or whether you saw them 30 times.

Van Halen with Hagar does not compare to Van Halan with Roth. They are two COMPLETLY different bands. EVERYBODY knows that!

It's NOT 84 any more nor is it 96. The difference is that Sammy isn't trying to LOOK like it's still 96.

The band is older. WE know it, they know and they are not trying to hide it.

Lakers... Who cares... Ok some of you do... Keep it in the sports page

As for the big dick on VHS post. It really is not something we need to see.

People can be Roth fans, People can be Hagar fans, People can be both and then people can just be Van Halen fans...

Comment

Working...