• Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

LMFAO....

Hit a nerve with that one....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Latest update...

Doctors: Roethlisberger 'Up and around'

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

By Gerry Dulac and Dan Majors, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Doctors at Mercy Hospital said today that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was "up and around" and a source who visited Roethlisberger told the Post-Gazette that he will be discharged tomorrow.

Roethlisberger remains in fair condition two days after he was involved in a motorcycle accident that caused numerous facial and head injuries. During a press briefing just after 5 p.m. today, Dr. Larry M. Jones, chief of the Division of Multi-System Trauma at Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh, said that a second CT scan confirmed previous findings that Roethlisberger has sustained no brain injury.

Doctors said that Roethlisberger's jaws are not wired shut and he is on a soft food diet, and will not "suffer nutritional consequences of a liquid diet," such as significant weight loss.

Roethlisberger broke portions of his upper and lower jaw, his nose, the orbital bone underneath his eye, damaged some teeth and suffered a mild concussion after the motorcycle he was operating slammed into the side of a car on Second Avenue at the 10th Street Bridge intersection Monday morning.

Roethlisberger has severe bruising and swelling in his face and neck area, but he has been speaking -- albeit softly and briefly -- to visitors. He was also fed soft foods such as yogurt and pudding today -- the first time he has been allowed to eat since the accident.

Dr. Daniel W. Pituch, chief of the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery at Mercy, who was directly involved with the surgery Monday, said that the surgical team used "internal fixation technology" which involves the placement of small titanium plates and screws onto the surface of the broken bones in his jaws and face. The plates are one-and-a-half to two inches long and resemble hair berettes. The titanium plates were carefully bent to match the contours of Roethlisberger facial bones, Pituch said.

"Small holes were drilled into the bones and small screws were carefully placed into these holes," Pituch explained. "In addition this technology allows us to have a more predictable outcome that usually does not require any additional major reconstructive procedures."

Dr. Jones said that the Roethlisberger family expressed their gratitude for well-wishes that have come from around the world. His family has been at his bedside throughout the ordeal.

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ODShowtime
        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

ben is a lot like darth vader, but more of a badass
        gnaw on it

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

I'm really interested in how he recovers from this, physically, emotionally, and psychologically.....

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Sorry I didn't see this posted... or I wouldn't have started a new thread.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

That mental piece is what worries me...

nearly as much as what a concussion like this can do...

because once you get one...it becomes easier to get them...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Mark Cuban on Letterman...

wearing a Ben Roethlisberger jersey...

lmfao...working those Pittsburgh connections...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Jesus...do you think his players are going to be rippin' him for having a hard head?

Comment

• Little Texan
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It's no longer Big Ben, but Bionic Ben...

Comment

• Little Texan
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Wonder if he'll be wearing a helmet next time he goes out for a ride?

Comment

• Little Texan
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

On second thought, with all that metal in his head he probably won't need one!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

"In the past few days, I have gained a new perspective on life," he said in a statement released through the Steelers. "By the grace of God, I am fortunate to be alive, surrounded by loved ones and lifted by the prayers and support of so many. I am sorry for any anxiety and concern my actions have caused others, specifically my family, the Steelers organization, my teammates and our fans.

"I recognize that I have a responsibility to safeguard my health in the off-season so I can continue to lead our team effectively. I never meant any harm to others nor to break any laws. I was confident in my ability to ride a motorcycle and simply believed such an accident would not happen to me.

"If I ever ride again, it certainly will be with a helmet."

"I will forever be grateful for their caring treatment," he said.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

he's a class act
                            gnaw on it

Comment

Working...