X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

an announcement or a moment of silence is a VERY bad idea. put a page in the program or something and leave it at that. let the drunks wipe their ass with it.

yesterday morning on the local NBC early news the reporter was talking about the FB posts and tweets they were getting and she says "we can't read most of them on the air, they're pretty bad" and i just laughed. stay classy, Cleveland!

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    So he left a big Cleveland Steamer in some hospital bed?
    i didn't see the "official" press release, but supposedly his son listed Art as president of the Ravens and didn't mention the Browns at all.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      an announcement or a moment of silence is a VERY bad idea. put a page in the program or something and leave it at that. let the drunks wipe their ass with it.

yesterday morning on the local NBC early news the reporter was talking about the FB posts and tweets they were getting and she says "we can't read most of them on the air, they're pretty bad" and i just laughed. stay classy, Cleveland!

i didn't see the "official" press release, but supposedly his son listed Art as president of the Ravens and didn't mention the Browns at all.

You know, I regretted that post shortly after making it!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Speaking of the Browns:

Report: It's Not Too Early To Be Pessimistic About Cleveland Browns

September 7, 2012 | ISSUE 48•37

The Onion

CLEVELAND—Though the team has yet to play a single game, a report published Thursday by Sports Illustrated football writer Peter King confirmed that it is not yet too early to be pessimistic about the Cleveland Browns this season. "In years past, it might have made sense to wait until they started out with a five-game losing streak to declare the season over, but clearly the time to give up on the Browns is now," said King, whose report determined Cleveland has "all the right pieces in place" to start getting blown out immediately in week one. "This is a team that is absolutely beyond hope, trusting their offense to a rookie quarterback who will turn 29 in October and a banged-up rookie running back. And with all the injuries in the defense, you'd be crazy not to have a completely bleak outlook on this shit team." While acknowledging the Browns are a perennial favorite for worst team in the league, the report concluded the floor of their potential is now lower than ever and, with a little luck, 2012 could be the year they finally put together a whole season without a single win.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

looks like the Browns have come to their senses and will NOT mention Modell after all...

good decision.
          David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
          — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• damngoodtimes
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

well, Big Game tonight for the Browns against the Ravens.

...shit, who am I kidding? I can't get fired up about this.

At least Acta got fired today...

Comment

• mh5150
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
              well, Big Game tonight for the Browns against the Ravens.

...shit, who am I kidding? I can't get fired up about this.

At least Acta got fired today...
              Gonna be a long nite for Cleveland .

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Acta was the least of the Indians' problems.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

probably true, twona.

but you can't go 20-50 in the second half with the same talent that was at .500 in the first half....and keep your job.

I read that Francona is actually interested in the job.. Surprising to me; what a drastic shift in payroll

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

I would agree...but rephrase...

Acta was ONE of the Indians' problems...

You hire a loser, you can't help but be a loser...

but I'm not just talking about him...
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

The Francona hire is only step one...coaching staff is step two...then comes the big step three....which is the offseason.

If Antonetti doesn't change culture, then this team can hire Stengal and still lose.

and there's no reason to think he will.

You see Oakland already making waves...because Beane gets that he has to be ahead of the curve...
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

I like the trade for Trevor Bauer. Don't know if this Stubbs kid (he's not that young anymore) will ever hit.

They really need to close the deal on Swisher. But when's the last time this FO closed the deal on any FA signing?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Yo DgT...free agent signings aren't a 'this front office' issue...to be honest. Think about it...not many major acquisitions...even in the 90s, other than Robbie...and that was years in the making because of Sandy...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

It's certainly not the best way to build a club in a mid-sized market (hell does Cleveland even qualify as mid anymore?). However, I think they have to wade into a bit right now, because they've missed on too many of the other moves. If Matt LaPorta had panned out, they wouldn't have needed to sign Reynolds.

If Jason Knapp, or Carrasco (even though he might resurface this year) had worked, they wouldn't need to sign another SP.

If they ever drafted or developed ANY corner OF's, they wouldn't be throwing big money (at least for the Tribe) at Nick Swisher.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

Thinking back to the 90's, they did it on occasion. It's easy to forget, but Kenny Lofton came BACK in 98 as a FA. Juan Gone was a one-year FA. Hell, Orel Hershiser was a FA right after the strike ended.

But not many...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Kenny loved Cleve, and as u mentioned...was coming back. Juan Gone was coming off his worst season...maybe of his career up to that point...and Shapiro signed him to a one-year deal...I think it was Shapiro. Orel was old...coming off a shit season, if I remember...and I'm pretty sure took a hefty paycut.

My point was that rare I the day that the Indians get a guy still in his prime...

And a multi-year is unheard of...

Comment

Working...