Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Is there any fucking way we can wipe away the last seven years of Cavs basketball...seriously...I can't even fucking stand to watch that shit...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

that's a tough one, pojo. because, record-wise, it was clearly the most successful run in franchise history.

I've thought of it this way...with any team you might follow, if they've got an old game showing on ESPNClassic, I usually will watch and enjoy reliving that moment. now, if they were to run, say, Game 5, of the 07 East Finals....

you could argue that was the greatest single game in Cavs history....

...I don't think i could stomach it.
      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• damngoodtimes
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

how 'bout them Brownies!!!

that was just a bizarre game. a 68-yd run by the punter...

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
          how 'bout them Brownies!!!

that was just a bizarre game. a 68-yd run by the punter...
          That was one hell of a call, and was the longest run by a punter since the merger in 1970! Something else that is fairly astounding: The Browns have knocked off the defending Super Bowl champions in each of the past three seasons. Cleveland topped Pittsburgh, 13-6, on Dec. 10, 2009 and the New York Giants, 35-14, on Oct. 13, 2008.

SOURCE

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
            that's a tough one, pojo. because, record-wise, it was clearly the most successful run in franchise history.

I've thought of it this way...with any team you might follow, if they've got an old game showing on ESPNClassic, I usually will watch and enjoy reliving that moment. now, if they were to run, say, Game 5, of the 07 East Finals....

you could argue that was the greatest single game in Cavs history....

...I don't think i could stomach it.
            I couldn't...no questions...

Shit...it feels WORSE than watching film back in the day...of games you lost...and the play coming up that you know you either fucked up royally...and the coach would hand you your ass...or a play you fucking nailed perfectly, but couldn't say anything...because the coach was too busy telling everyone your head is so far up your ass, he doesn't know if he's ever going to pull it out...

I can't watch it...think about it...it makes me fucking sick to my stomach. Hell...I even get why he left...but I can't stand even thinking about it. Think is...if the Cavs could manage to get some pieces...a decent center, a couple of more scorers...this could be a fun team to watch...

But when you have a player that won back-to-back MVPs...when will the Cavs get that again?...

I'm getting too fucking old to have to deal with a rebuild after rebuild after rebuild...

and the stars are laughing about playing in Cleveland...sad really...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

need to get one-in-a-million lucky and find a guy like Durant, who has superstar talent, but not the same ego.

in hindsight, I think the big lie that everyone told about LeBron was that he was "one of us". The "us" here being the life-long Cleveland fans. Just because he was born and raised in NE Ohio doesn't mean we had anything else in common. He didn't have a father in his life to pass down that genetic fandom. For most of "us", that definable quality of being a Cleveland fan starts from watching games with our dads as little kids. LeBron never had that.

The only thing he had from playing close to home was his childhood buddies and the familiar surroundings, all of which probably made him softer.

fuck him. I hope he blows his knee out. actually, let me take that back....

I hope he blows BOTH knees out.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

about the actual Cavs, I don't think they are 20-win bad like everyone is saying. I think they could challenge .500 and the last playoff spot or two. they still have some talent. biggest problem is probably that the six best players play only two positions:

3 PF's: Hickson, Varejao, Jamison
                3 PG's: Mo, Sessions, Boobie

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

I think they'll be dealing before the season is over...for sure...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Dan Gilbert on his retort to the fucking farce known as THE DECISION...

I've got to believe he'll get the right players here...gotta believe it...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Hey...I wonder if that fuckstick Windhorst reported that...Oh shit...I forgot...it's not about LeDick...

Comment

• Bob_R
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Love this quote from him in the link you provided speaking of the Heat's opening night loss.

"That was sort of a surreal experience...I guess they are only going to be 81-1 now," Gilbert said.
                        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

You know...I'm watching the Cavs as we speak...and it's interesting watching them play without LeBron...

Gibson...actually has a whole lot of fucking attitude...interesting to watch the difference in this team...

God...I'd love it if they won 50 games...

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Any team with a player named "Boobie" is all right in my book.
                            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                              Any team with a player named "Boobie" is all right in my book.
                              Agreed...maybe they should change their name to the Tits...or some shit like that...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

J.J. Hickson is going to be a star in this league...I just hope Cleveland keeps the fucker...and brings in help...

Comment

Working...