X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i dunno. on their weekly Browns show, Sam Rutigliano and the PD's Tony Grossi said they don't think Kosar is ready, that he's weak on the personnel side of things.

the News-Herald claims Ernie Accorsi is the new GM, with Kosar being groomed for the gig.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 11-03-2009, 06:18 AM.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

and now the PD has contacted Accorsi and he says he's happy being retired.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

Kosar sounds great and all. Gives the people what they want, but I think there's been too much of that shit in Cleveland, anyway. But what they really need is someone who knows what the fuck he's doing. Get a guy with a proven track record and put him in charge of the whole fuckin' football team. He gets to hire and fire the coach, hire and fire personnel guys. Give him 10 years and get the fuck out of the way. The team needs stability more than anything; not knee-jerk reactions

Lerner admits he doesn't know what he's doing, so get out of it and just sign the checks. Having a coach and GM who both report to him never made any sense.
        David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
        — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Yeah...fucking hiring Mangini...and having that piece of shit hire the GM is fucking insane...then watching them ignore each other like they fucked each other's wives is...well...

a good reason to fire both...

Mangini sucks...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Go Shoreman!!!

Kicked the Shit out of Maumee...

Way to stack the line you fucking morons...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

latest rumor points to Mike Holmgren talking with Lerner about becoming "football czar", among a few other names.

I very much like this direction of thinking. let's see what materializes. Lerner does get a head start in talking to some of the bigger names who are out of the game right now.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

I'm not sure about Holmgren. He just seems a bit overrated to
                me. Ron Wolf maybe, but after the way Carmen Policy handled him back in the day, that won't be happening. Mangini has to go.

I do wonder though, that if the Browns actually put together a package of stability to show Cowher, and made some smart moves prior to that conversation...

But I think cowher may be looking at Carolina and Washington. As his next job...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Hey, I hear Matt Millen is available.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

that sounds fuckin' awesome.

maybe you hire him as a consultant, and do the opposite like George Costanza

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

no Cavs talk here lately, but after the sky-is-falling 0-2 start, Cavs have won 7 of 8, including a back-to-back on the road over Orlando and Miami. They look like they are trying to make it work without Delonte West, who is really an underrated key piece to the team. but with the addition of Parker and a healthy Boobie Gibson, they are making due.

the depth seems to be showing with the emergence of JJ Hickson.

we'll see how it shakes out. the playoffs is all that matters for this team.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

I'll tell you something...

With Shaq, Varejao, Hickson...and eventually Powe...

If West can rebound this year after his court issues...

This team could be the best in the NBA...for real...

Hickson is awesome...he came out of NC State way too early...watched him play several times...

and he had game...in particular...offensively...

was a man-child in every game...

He's panning out...and will make this team unstoppable...if Shaq continues to stay healthy...not bitch (like he wants to)...and lock down bigs...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Here's my new Tribe blog...by the way...

Bringing Back Boudreau

Took some time on it...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

And I've re-opened the DOJO...

The POJO Dojo

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

Browns figure out yet another new way to lose a game......

Comment

• Little Texan
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Again, same with the Bills' hiring of Dick Jauron, why is it that teams keep hiring coaches with a losing history? What was the thought process behind the hiring of Mangina? "Hey, Mangina just got fired by the Jets! He's done nothing but lose games since he became their coach, so he fits right in with our fine losing tradition here in Cleveland, and we're in sore need of a coach. HIRE THAT GUY, IMMEDIATELY!" I don't get it.

Comment

Working...