X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Not sold on the Holmgren hire yet.

After a decade of the Lerner family screwing shit up, frankly, how can I as a Browns fan, expect anything different

I like what he brings to the table, and am praying he'll be our Parcells, but only time will tell with that.

I wonder if Quinn will be around with Holmgren at the helm?

Ah well, at least we FINALLY beat the Steelers this year.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

The kid returns!
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        The kid returns!
        Whatsup man? .

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I'm in the middle of a Harry Potter marathon with my seven-year-old.

He finally wants to watch and read them all...so we're off this week with the journey...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

I'm in the middle of a Harry Potter marathon with my seven-year-old.

He finally wants to watch and read them all...so we're off this week with the journey...
            Better that your kids into that, then this Twilight garbage that they've been cranking out. .

I'm pretty excited for Christmas day, The Lake Show should be a test to see if this Cavs team can hang with the Big Boys, after getting swept last year.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Remember young Jedi...

Shaq's motto has always been...

in my best deep monotone voice...

"Save it for the playoffs..."

They won't see the best Cavs team...because they are still gellin'...and quite frankly...will want to save the best for last...I hope...

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

Remember young Jedi...

Shaq's motto has always been...

in my best deep monotone voice...

"Save it for the playoffs..."

They won't see the best Cavs team...because they are still gellin'...and quite frankly...will want to save the best for last...I hope...
                That is correct, I've ran into a lot of people melting and such because it's not going like last year, but I'm starting to wonder if this thing will just take off come playoff time. Gonna be a battle though. Orlando and Boston are still up there.

I'm thinking more and more that Delonte is the glue to this team, you noticed how off the team looked without him during the first part of the season?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Remember...Shaq is new...Moon is new...Parker is new...

West is crazy...

Hickson is fitting into the roster...

Z is getting used to being a back-up (racked up 25 last night...I'd say he's figuring it out)...

And then there's Leon Powe...who won't be back for another month or two...and he's new as well...

Yeah...this team is built for the playoffs...can't wait...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Cavs roll over the Lakers...

I find it amusing how offensive Lakers' fans seem to take LeBron in defense of the rapist...

I know...I know...there is a fucking conspiracy to make LeBron the keynote NBA player...blah...blah...blah...

As I have always said...they are absolutely in the same realm of ability...with Kobe having the edge right now based on four titles. End of story....

My discussion this morning with B from LA who adores the Lakers like a wife was that LeBron whines constantly...which made me chuckle. Watching Kobe whine and bitch in his own building while he was chucking up 100 shots was ridiculous. The calls were shitty both ways...and Odom whines more than the both of them.

LA fans showed their pouty-bullshit...class acts all of them. Cleveland made them look like bitches in their own building. Does it mean anything in the end? Nope...but it was fucking fun to watch....in particular, the LA fans get their panties in a wad about how unfair the game was...you know...since refs are out to fucking bitch the defending champs out in their own building on Christmas...

You could almost hear the comments..."We have titles, how about you..."

and..."Kobe won a title, fuck the MVP..."

blah...blah...blah...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

that was an out-and-out ass-whuppin'

Cavs shot 3, yes, 1..2..3, free throws in the first half...

calls start to even out a little and the Lakers have a temper tantrum. I love how Kobe pulled a Chuck Knoblauch, bitching to refs about a call while the ball bounced two feet behind him.

doesn't mean much in the long run, except that both teams KNOW that the Cavs can come into LA's building and beat them.
                      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Quote from Kobass while game in play...

"fouling me like that all day...all day..."

little bitch...

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

Was fun watching the Lakeshow get beat by LeBron and co, and to see them melt down was classic, and then to see their fans act like Browns fans after the Jax game in 2001 was classic.

speaking of the Brownies, word is that Holmgren apparently wants Gruden if Mangini is to be fired.

Really, I love the idea of that happening. Watching the MNF game he kept going on about how he loved Cleveland, grew up loving the Browns and saying "You know, WE have a great basketball team up here" when talking about the Cavs, and overall just seems like he'd be a good fit. A bit of ane ego-maniac, but the guy can coach and has a ring to prove it.

also, a lot of Browns fans are debating whether Quinn is the guy or not, I'm not sure, but I don't think you can take a QB in this draft class, seems too damn weak. I'd rather go the Pittsburgh route and go Best Player available until you can find THE GUY, and stick with the Neil O'Donnels and such.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

Mangini helped his cause some more with the 3rd straight W today. yeah, they're "meaningless" games, but you can't say his players quit on him.

I think the right move by Holmgren is to keep Mangini around for next year. if it doesn't work out, you can make Mangini the scapegoat and let him go and hire Gruden next year, especially if Chucky really wants another year in the booth.

Gruden would be a really good fit, though.
                            David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                            — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

If I were Holmgren...I'd be on the phone already with Bill Cowher...end of story...

I'd essentially offer him an open contract...

I don't think Cowher is available to the Browns...but I would offer him the keys to the mansion...and see if he'd bite...

Honestly...with the way Gruden handles young players...I'm not sure this is the right fit.

It's really...really important that Holmgren has his guy in there though...so if Mangini is "his guy," then keep him.

The players certainly didn't quit...and to be honest...the team became not bad at the end of the season...

Comment

• Unchainme
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2005

If I were Holmgren...I'd be on the phone already with Bill Cowher...end of story...

I'd essentially offer him an open contract...

I don't think Cowher is available to the Browns...but I would offer him the keys to the mansion...and see if he'd bite...

Honestly...with the way Gruden handles young players...I'm not sure this is the right fit.

It's really...really important that Holmgren has his guy in there though...so if Mangini is "his guy," then keep him.

The players certainly didn't quit...and to be honest...the team became not bad at the end of the season...
                                Cowher didn't seem all that interested in the gig, I think his loyalties lie with the Rooneys. He was very polite to Lerner though and that very least MET with him for about 2-3 hours in NYC last year, they talked a bit and he told him the joke "Can't you wait until next year?". I consider that pretty cool of cowher as every other gig he's been offered, he'll just give the other guy a ring and pretty much say "No thanks".

Still think that one of the biggest mistakes that has set the Browns back decades other than firing Paul Brown, and firing Marty, was choosing Belichick over Cowher back in the day. Modell was such as an asshole, that he didn't even send a car for Cowher after he came for the interview, after he pretty much rolled out the red carpet for Belichick a few days earlier.

Mangini isn't make it any easier either. He's looked like he's turned the ship around and has the team playing very competitvly, to do as such with a team that's going nowhere this year, even if it is against some bad teams.

I'm not sure I'd fire him at this point, if it means that it's either Mangini or some guy like Morniweg, I'd say keep him. If someone like Gruden or Cowher would possibly interested, I'd have myself in a conidrum.

Comment

Working...