Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damngoodtimes
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Cavs rout the Wizards, sans Sharp-Shootin' Gilbert Arenas.

improve to 28-9 and rinse out the bad taste of that awful loss to the Bobcats.

big west coast swing coming up
    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• damngoodtimes
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      Wow...I haven't watched any of this game in thirty years...since I was actually there in that weather...

Wow...brought back all the memories...

For those that don't know the story...it wasn't the Browns losing that ended my rooting interest in the Browns...it was my Dad's reaction to it for the next several hours. My Dad wasn't a wild maniac...

As a matter of fact...I can count on one hand how many times my Dad has lost it...and that day...he lost it...

Got home from the game after listening to him raving for the hour-long trip in the traffic and weather...I walk in the door...and a second or two later...he blindly throws his keys through our basement door...which happened to be a couple of inches from my head...

No shit...through the door...

That second...and that's no joke...I stopped rooting for the Browns...

My entire family...from the Pittsburgh area and north of the Burgh...were Steelers' fans...so that's the direction I went...

Anyways...if you haven't seen it...here it is...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xqRdepW3QVw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xqRdepW3QVw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
      I haven't watched that since the day it happened. I was eight years old and I cried after the game. My mom had been in the hospital with some freakish infection, had to have surgery. I didn't really appreciate it at the time, but it was some really serious shit. So my grandma was over a lot helping out my dad. She was really mad at me for getting so upset about a football game, but what the hell did I know.

My dad ended up just shrugging it off. I guess he'd already figured out I was a fanatic. He was right. Funny thing is, to this day, my mom's the one who gets the most wound up during a ballgame. She's almost impossible to watch a game with, the way she screams at the TV.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

PD says that ESPN is reporting that Mangini stays.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

yep, Holmgren's going to give him another year. it's the smart move, especially with the uncertainty about the labor deal for 2011.

if it doesn't work out for Mangini next season, Gruden is still available.

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

The Diamond David Lee Roth Army - Roth Army Cleveland Sports fans

For those curious, I started a group for us Northcoast fans.
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

So, the Cavs are, in my opinion a top three team right now. Here's the catch-22.

Do you deal Z for Jamison and lose any flex to add a support player for LeBron next year...when he's a free agent...BUT...give yourself as legit a shot at the title as you ever had...

Or...

Troy Murphy from Indy...14 and 10 right now...good from outside like Jamison...and 7 million cheaper over the next two years...but still expensive enough to crush the Cavs chances to add something bigger next year.

There's part of me that wonders if the Cavs may potentially be setting up for a sign and trade for a guy like Bosh...I don't know...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Splooge
                Head Fluffer
                • Sep 2004

Bosh ain't leaving Toronto.
                We're on a mission from ROTH

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

Ugh, fucking A.

at the one Cleveland sports site I go to, there's this one guy that practically stalks me like the queer fucking loser he is and then constantly harrasses me.

It fucking sucks, all I want to do is talk sports, NOT deal with an unfunny version of Joe Thunder.

I'm glad at least here, I don't have to deal with any idiot like that, with the exception of the auctual joe thunder.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

latest rumors have the Cavs picking up Amare Stoudemire from the Suns for Hickson and Z's contract. Suns would then buy-out Big Z, and he could re-sign with Cleveland after 30 days.

even though a move like Jamison would improve the team this year, I've always been in favor of a move that would improve the club both in 2010 and beyond. this trade deadline is likely the only chance to pair LeBron with another max salary player, by picking him up and holding his Bird Rights. of course, right now they also have Bird rights on Z and Shaq, but you can only turn those into another marquee player via trade.

it would be hard to argue with this deal, if they can pull it off. especially if you can get Z back (my reasons here are both basketball and sentimental)

Comment

• Unchainme
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
                      latest rumors have the Cavs picking up Amare Stoudemire from the Suns for Hickson and Z's contract. Suns would then buy-out Big Z, and he could re-sign with Cleveland after 30 days.

even though a move like Jamison would improve the team this year, I've always been in favor of a move that would improve the club both in 2010 and beyond. this trade deadline is likely the only chance to pair LeBron with another max salary player, by picking him up and holding his Bird Rights. of course, right now they also have Bird rights on Z and Shaq, but you can only turn those into another marquee player via trade.

it would be hard to argue with this deal, if they can pull it off. especially if you can get Z back (my reasons here are both basketball and sentimental)
                      Don't know if I like the idea of giving up Hickson so much, strictly from a long term standpoint.

short term I like the move.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

I think this helps to keep LeBron around - I think he'd like to play with another superstar. with the cap shrinking, he won't get too many chances. If LeBron stays, Cavs probably re-sign Amare, too.

if that all unfolds, then this turns into a better deal long-term. even if Hickson continues to improve elsewhere.

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

B^U^M^P

big time for the Cleveland sports fan.

Tribe is starting back up,

Cavs playoff run is starting

annd just who will the Browns draft on the week of April 15.

also, went to the Q. to catch a game, amazing what Dan Gilbert has done to make that place look just almost on the verge of immaculate.

Comment

• Unchainme
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2005

So, the Browns made a trade for Sheldon Brown, a bit of a veteran, but I think he'll help in secoundary, as Eric "Eazy-E" Wright is really the only talented player in that unit, it also allows us a bit of freedom so that we don't have to draft Joe Haden, who seems a bit overrated.

I'm really hoping this means they go after Eric Berry, but I doubt he's left by the time the Browns get around to picking him.

If not, would love to them then trade to around the 10-12th selection and draft CJ Spiller and reunite the "Thunder and Lightning" backfield.

Comment

• Unchainme
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2005

fucking cavs

getting embarrassed by the asshole celtics, and the magic looking freakishly good.

if Mike Brown doesn't get his head out of his ass, he should be gone. No excuses with this current roster.

Comment

• Unchainme
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2005

Mike Brown, sorry, you're done.

thanks for fucking up any chance at clevelands first chance at a title you fuckhead. a fucking cat could coach a better game you fucking moron.

absolutely inexcusible, this is a championship caliber team, has all the parts and yet you can't get the fucking rotation down?

you let fucking rajon rondo look like goddamn Isiah Thomas, you're getting outcoached by a coach with an ancient roster.

fuck you, you bum, get your ass out of town.

Comment

Working...