Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eyes of the Night
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Oh lordy, that's pretty much when the shit hit the fan ...

Total mayham and flat out brawling on my part ... I do apologize sir Risin I really do ...

It's hellarious cause I was so fucked up I thought you were trying to do Jedi mind tricks trying to deal ...

A fucking quest!? Oh my ... hellarious ...

So that's 4 days now for me and my weekend binge n' purge ... I should win a fucking prize because I'm all out of dope and feel rather normal ...

Ah but I got the green buds to gently bring me down ...

You're right I need a life! ... pretty soon my bre pretty soon ...
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

OK, ya bastards, got my fantasy football magazine today, and I'm preparing for the draft....

But we need to review a little....

1. We're doing a live draft, correct ?? Poj, need to give a couple weeks notice on when it's going to be (obviously needs to be on a weekend).... I recommend you start it around noonish EST, so that Left Coasters have time to grab their coffee and Wheaties....

2. Did we ever decide that we were going to do a keeper league from last year's league or just to start fresh this year ??

3. Also, need to give advance notice (I'd say at least 48 hours) on when free agents will be available.... That will give everyone a chance to make themselves available at that time....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Don't worry...

you will all be abreast...

as of right now...the draft will be the week before week 1...not sure the weekend yet...

and I'm thinking it will be Saturday...instead of Sunday...

It WILL be live...so if you work...quit...lmfao...

It will be a keeper...that's what we decided at the end of last year...that's what we are going by...

3 player keeper however...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

OK, 3 player keeper from last year.... I think you need to paste last year's roster... I would be keeping Vick and Portis, but I would want to scan my roster just to be sure, as would the others I believe....

And so how do we do the draft like that ???

The new teams are going to have their turns come up in the 1st 3 rounds... Do you just have to ensure that they don't pick someone on the keeper list ??? I'm just not sure how this is going to get pulled off with new players in the league....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

There are new players every year in keeper leagues...

there will be a supplemental draft...and you can through that...the new teams will get their players...or not...they can wait until the real draft...

You DON'T HAVE to keep anyone off your roster...

because if you select three players to keep...you get NO draft picks in the first round...second round...or third round...if you keep 2...first and second...etc....etc...

That's how it works...

Of course...I think I explained that several times you old fucker...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Not to me you didn't, but of course I don't have time to read all of your 3,815 posts....

Having said that, I do understand that now, thank you so much....

Bastard....

Now when are you going to paste the rosters ??

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Didn't you and I specifically talk roster a week or so ago?

Christ...I have to constantly repeat myself to the savants...

Comment

• Rebel
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Feb 2004

So when's a list of the "kept" players gonna be up? I'd like to have an idea of what's off the board.
                  The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

What I'm thinking is this Reb...

supplemental draft will be the second week of August...

and I'll post the kept players next week...to give you 2 weeks to prep for the supplemental...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

There are NOT going to be many kept players...to be honest with you...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

3 player keeper eh??...i guess you want LT/ Jamal Lewis and i can't remember who your QB was....or did you have Moss??
                        Also, while i feel like being an asshole ....im guessing the draft order will be set to put the non return teams up front of the list??
                        I mean..never mind..what ever the draft order is set to it will have to adhere to...are you gonna move the newbies to the front of the draft order??
                        if Troy keeps 2 players, for example,where will he be in draft order??
                        if he is set at 4th pick lets say..when his turn comes up in round 1 does he just not draft??
                        the computer will pick automatically wouldn't it??

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

i want Von's team from last year...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

If Troy...or myself...or anyone keeps...

then we lose draft picks period...

so we wouldn't be in the first two rounds...or three rounds...or whatever...

For example...say I keep Jamal and LT...then...

I lose my first 2 picks...and don't pick until the third...

as far as the draft order goes...that's up to discussion...don't really care what it looks like...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

and you see...there enlies the issue...

We talked about that very thing last year wrning...if you recall...

call it a grandfather rule since you were in the league...

giving you one of the teams that didn't dump...

Von's...or IMO...the better of the two teams...the Sharks...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

can it be set up that way???
                                can you add people in after each round....or does it have to be set beforehand....if thats the case the computer won't let you skip picks...if you dont pick it will pick for you...

Comment

Working...