Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Troy
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

I'm not saying I want out based on last year, believe me I have no problem picking from my team. BUT, if it will make things easier by starting new this year then let's do it.

Besides, nobody will have room to complain next year because they'll know the rules going in to it.

One way or the other, I think it's time we step up to the next level.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I don't know bro...you know how this one's going...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Troy
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

I know... I just hope we can get something worked out soon.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Oh...it will work itself out...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Rebel
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Feb 2004

I was in a live draft on yahoo, I think the way it worked was cool. Basically, we picked the order at random, and the draft order reversed each round. The person who picked last in the first picked first in the second. Seems to me to be the best and most "fair" way.
            The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• Rebel
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Feb 2004

Also, if it's a keeper, the guys with keepers could be picked at random, just like the others, just lose however many first, second and third round picks from that order for their keepers.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Yeah...that's the general format...have no probs with that...

Comment

• Troy
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

You have a target out in the sticks there Poj??? They're selling NFL 2K5 for $15.88

Comment

• Rebel
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Troy
                    You have a target out in the sticks there Poj??? They're selling NFL 2K5 for $15.88
                    Is that thing good? I couldn't imagine it being good that cheap, the commercials look cool though.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Jesus Christ...yeah...theres about 10 of them...

goin' there tomorrow...was there today...didn't even look...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Troy
                        no way it beats Madden..out next month..ill wait..been playin ncaa 2005....

Comment

• Troy
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Everybody has their favorite but, I've always been a fan of the 2K series so I like it a lot. It's really geared towards online play. It's better than last years version. Just because it's only 20 bucks doesn't mean it's crap, that's the beauty of competiton, the comsumer always wins in the end.

Shit... for twenty bucks whether you prefer Madden or not, why not try 2K5???

I see the difference between Madden & 2K5 like this: 2K5 is for the casual gamer that likes to have fun and still keep a "sim" feel. Madden is for "softball player"

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Wrning, set a date for the golfing bro...

Me and Poj are good any weekend except for the 14th of August....

Let us know bro....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

How is NCAA 2005?

Those games are flat out outstanding...

Comment

• Rebel
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                                How is NCAA 2005?

Those games are flat out outstanding...
                                It rocks dude. I love mine. The homefield advantage thing is really cool, if your players get rattled, your in serious trouble, even the good QBs will zoom a ball twenty yards over a WR if a large rowdy crowd get rolling. If your playing at Ten, Fl, Michigan, Fl St, or anywhere like that, you gotta play smart. Even if your ahead, and the home team makes a big play (turnover, TD on D, etc), it all can fall apart pretty quick, especially if you've got a young D, younger players get rattled much easier.

Other than homefield, the running game has been tweeked a bit, the triple option is unstoppable if it's run correctly, especially with the passing option, it seems to run smoother this year. Also, with the new tweeks, the better runners will do a juke with just a directional pad move hard into a direction. Some of the better backs (like Sproles) are damn tough to tackle in the open field.

The DBs have been cranked up, one-on-one doesn't mean a pass will be completed every time anymore, especially with the DBs and the homefield going against you now. The WR needs to be open pretty much to complete it, unless the WR is one of the top guys.

One other tweek that is really nice is the shit about the QBs dropping 50yds back is gone. The cheesiest move of all time IMO, if you drop your passing signals, unless you've got just an awesome running QB, you'll get caught b4 you can get them back up.

I love that game, it's literally the only game I buy anymore. I've gotten it every year for like the last four years or so.
                                Last edited by Rebel; 07-31-2004, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Working...