The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conmee
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Mar 2003

Gentlemen,

I show up for posts, win or lose... This was unexpected, but not completely surprising. Only the fact that they made mistake after mistake... still, Michigan deserves credit, they were up for the game, game planned excellently, and for the most part, executed.

I thought ND was over-rated at the beginning of the year, and I was worried about the 2ndary. Today, it came back to haunt them big time.

This can still be a 10-2 season assuming they win USC or Michigan St (curse). And a BCS game win would be nice too...

For me, and I said this before the season, I wasn't hanging my hopes on a National Championship, but just a good season with a freakin' Bowl win for the first time in 14 years.

Having said all that, there still is hope. Face it, there will be alot of 1 loss teams sitting right behind OSU if Auburn, West Virginia, and USC lose. I think this will be a bad year for the BCS with a logjam of 1 loss teams vying for the chance to play OSU... of course, it could also end up OSU v. USC/Auburn/WVa or some combo thereof.

Oh well, I'm too damn old to get too upset by this. I wouldn't have been so concerned if this was a competitive loss, but ND was exposed on so many different levels that running the table and a Bowl win might be the only way to erase this pathetic performance.

Icon.

GO IRISH!!!
    GO CHARGERS!!!
    GO PADRES!!!
    GO UNLV!!!
    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ain't gonna beat USC with that defense dude on the road.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Oh...there's a wee bit of time down the road before the USC/Notre Dame game...

thing about it is that you never know what the fuck is going to happen on any given week.

It's a long season...

Notre Dame's schedule...for once...isn't murderous...so it's distinctly possible that they can roll into USC rivalry weekend with one loss...

and since the lost early...and to an undefeated...they could be perched top 5...with beating USC on their plate to boost them to a major BCS bowl...or even the national title game.

Is that reality...maybe no...but a possibility?

yep...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Notre Dame's secondary is horrid...which puts them as an at risk team against USC...OSU...

the offensive teams...

It would be interesting to see what they would do with an LSU or an Auburn however...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

I for one will pull for ND versus Michigan State.

Got to have some principals. It is the one time each year I do pull for the Irish.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Michigan State...ugh...

talk about a team that never does fucking anything...

Comment

• Brett
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Michigan St. always starts out good, beats up on the patsies, pulls off a win they shouldn't get, then folds in the second half. As bad as ND played, I think Charlie Weis will have them ready.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Every year...same thing...you are right...with Michigan State...

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

There has GOT to be someone on that freaking bench at CB who is better than the stiffs we have out there. Man o man.......I was ill watching that pathetic display.
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I doubt it...I'm sure Weis' recruiting was focused on the offensive side on the ball...and they didn't have shit there before...

We'll see though...

I do think they have a decent defense...but that secondary is iffy...and finally got exposed...

Comment

• conmee
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Mar 2003

I just don't understand why most teams still recruit CBs that are 5'9"-5'11" 180lbs-ish.... when all the top offensive teams have WRs that are 6'3"-6'5" 215lbs-ish... guess when you're that big you either want to play offense or basketball...

Brett... miracles happen... and that's what it would be if ND beats USC on the road... either ND needs better 2ndary, or they need better marketing agents for top players... lol... of course, the QB could go down for the year, a couple WRs could get suspended, and a running back or two could get arrested... let's just see who USC fields at the end of the year... lol

Even at 10-2 plus a BCS win, I'd consider that a successful season given we haven't won a bowl game period since '93... Sure I dream of National Championships every year, just like the rest of the faithful, but I'm also a realist. Gotta walk before run... gotta win a bowl game at some point before just assuming we walk in and win the championship...

BTW, the Huskie fans up here are all in a lather about USC cheating, etc, and how it's much worse than what UW got nailed for... lmao... I get way too much Pac-10 news for my liking up here... and Willingham is the absolute most monotone, uninspiring, boring coach/interview to listen to.... win or lose, sounds the same... "These young men played hard..." ugh.. lol

Icon.

GO IRISH!!!
                        GO CHARGERS!!!!
                        GO UNLV!!!
                        GO PADRES!!!!

P.S. Looks like my Runnin' Rebels also got "exposed" lmao.... Hawaii beat up on them 42-13, but I'll chalk this one up to the "time zone difference" and playing in "paradise" hahahah
                        hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Willingham...

lmfao...I was talking to my Dad, and between the 2 of us...we couldn't figure out his name...

lmfao...

Comment

• Brett
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Washington doesn't have much else to talk about, they fucking suck balls, let them whine about Bush. Of course they hear one side and assume it's the truth. They should worrying about their own sorry ass school's record the last 5 years.

Comment

• conmee
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Mar 2003

Brett... you seem a bit hot under the collar lately.... might need to stop hanging out at DDLR.com or remove 5150/OU812 from your iPod and replace with VHI/FW/1984.... lol

I am not a Washington Huskies fan at all... and was really hoping they'd give the game away to Fresno St... actually UW did all they could to give it away, but Fresno outdid them... lol

Icon.

GO IRISH!!!
                              GO PADRES!!!
                              GO CHARGERS!!!! (They are on a roll!!!)
                              GO UNLV!!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Let's Go Willerby...Willertree...Willer...ing...ham...

Not coaching Stanford

Not coaching ND...

Not UW, UW, UW Huskies...

I will not remember coach willingham

(to the rhyme of Green Eggs and Ham)

Comment

Working...