The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conmee
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Mar 2003

Because of the MSU game, I decided to watch this game until the end... (I tuned a guitar during the 3rd quarter of MSU, came back to the TV during the 4th to realize they'd come back..lol).... this team needs to seriously refocus or USC will slaughter them... even then, it may just turn into a respectable loss... ugh...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.
    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• conmee
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Mar 2003

Gentlemen,

I have work to do so I am rarely on these forums anymore. I am being slaved to death by The Man.

But let me state for the record: Notre Dame is living on a legacy that has long since passed. Record for LOSING BOWL games?

The Fighting Irish didn't belong on the same field as LSU. The overall performance was PATHETIC. But it also showed that NO DEFENSE means NO CHANCE at a championship or bowl win.

I'm not sure what the Irish players do between the last game of the season and the bowl game they get invited to, but whatever it is, it isn't working.... LOU HOLTZ was the last coach to win a bowl game at Notre Dame!!!! WTF!!!!! Davie, Willingham, O'Leary lol, and now Weis... the NFL hype and four Super Bowl rings crap, enough already!

The Irish need playmakers on DEFENSE and MORE SPEED. Jesus, if they were in the SEC, they would be destroyed!

Maybe the heavy helping of early-season BIG TEN competition isn't sufficiently a good schedule... maybe the BIG TEN is over-rated as usual (Michigan looked horrible), or they should schedule more Ohio State and less Michigan State, and ND would be wise to recruit in the south and play some more SEC schools to be ready for the real competition during bowl season.

Good lord, I've seen Oregon State, NC State, Ohio State, LSU, hell, it doesn't matter WHICH conference or which opponent, ND has lost to them ALL in this stretch.

I tell you, it's hard to be a Notre Dame fan and stomach the pitiful bowl performance, hell, the pitiful regular season performance against Top Ten teams the past 14 years.

Maybe 'Bama will trade us Weis for Saban straight up? lmao

At least my Chargers and UNLV Runnin' Rebels basketball teams are doing something decent this year... of course, Martyball will be the death of my Chargers, and UNLV will probably will in the first round of the NCAA... but I can still dream....

GO (get a better defense) IRISH!!!
      GO CHARGERS!!!
      GO PADRES!!!
      GO PISTONS!!!!
      GO REDWINGS!!!
      GO UNLV!!!

Icon.
      hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

Comment

• EbDawson
        Veteran
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by conmee
        LOU HOLTZ was the last coach to win a bowl game at Notre Dame!!!! WTF!!!!!
        I was not aware of that, Wow! Been a long dry spell, eh?
        "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I'll tell you, I'm sick of watching my Irish gets fucking OWNED in every bowl game. You know the problem? We don't have enough speed, or enough defense. And we have TOO MANY TRADITIONAL GAMES AGAINST FUCKING ACADEMY TEAMS!!!!!! We need to stop playing the same damn teams every year and try to play tougher competition ALL YEAR. That automatically will help, because without those 3-4 games a year that are automatic wins, this team will be pressured into actually doing some heavy recruiting, rather than just living off the prestige of ND to recruit! The prestige is wearing off QUICKLY when high school kids are seeing them get trashed every year in bowl games!!!!
          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• conmee
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

Gentlemen and Gentlewomen,

I have indeed been busy with career but that is no excuse for me to ignore this glorious thread, despite the horrible way the season has started for Notre Dame.

Quite honestly, whether Coach Weis uses the "rebuild" word or not, can't deny the pitiful performance on display today. Sure, GT isn't Appalacky State, but I see an 0-6 start to the season. Thank god for Duke, Navy, and Stanford.

How will the season end? Dismally. UM=Loss. MSU=Loss. PSU=Loss. USC=Loss. UCLA=Loss. BC=Loss. Purdue=Push. Air Force=Push. Stanford=Win. Duke=Win. Navy=Win. Looking at 3-7 with 50/50 shot at wins against Purdue and Air Force.

The program has been in second tier form since 1990 or so. Only reason we've got into BCS games is occasional win against UM, luck, and ND bias. But no amount of luck or bias will save the Irish this year.

Haters rejoice... it's going to be a long year for ND football, and this alum will be stocking up on cold ones to dull the pain every Saturday. Shit, here in Seattle, even Ty Willingham's got Washington going in the right direction with a beating given to Syracuse (granted, GT is better than Syracuse, but I wouldn't bet on the Irish to beat Washington at this point)....

If I don't post here much except to lament the poor season, you can find me in The Muff Thread in the Underground. All I ask is that if you're a hater, respect the Muff Thread for what it is, a pr0n sanctuary, and if you want to give me shit about ND, do it here. uh huh uh huh uh huh... lol

That is all.

Icon.

GO IRISH?
            GO UNLV! (shit, even the Rebels won their opener!)
            GO PADRES!
            GO CHARGERS!
            GO REDWINGS?
            GO PISTONS?

Comment

• conmee
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

You know what else pissses me off about Notre Dame? It's the goddam Athletic Department... they keep giving guys extension who haven't earned or desrve it... most recently it was Bob Davie and now Weis getting extensions for what? Losing BCS games? I wonder what Willingham would have accomplished? Maybe nothing, he's kind of a middle of the road coach, with vanilla play calling. But shit, the one coach who didn't get over-paid, and they ran him out of town only to get dissed by Urban Legend... who now has a goddam championship!

So I see shit like this....

"Look for "The New Gold Standard: Charlie Weis and Notre Dame's Rise to Glory" by Tim Prister (ESPN Books, $24.95), in bookstores on Aug. 16."

And I wonder how much of Notre Dame's lack of success is karma related... relying too long on mystique and being independent. Maybe join the Big 10, stop being so elitist (even Harvard and Stanford are in conferences), and stop publishing shit like "The New Gold Standard"!!!!!!! Come the fuck on!!!!!! Don't publish New Gold Standard or Rise/Return to Glory until there's some fucking GLORY to write about!!!!!!!

I think it's karma that has fucked up ND football. Fuck super bowl rings and gastric bypass surgeries!!!!! We need a RECRUITER!!!!! And someone who knows DEFENSE!!!!! Didn't the Big Tuna and Billichek teach Weis anything besides how to maneuver a buffet line?!?!?!?! I'm fucking pisssed!!!!!! I don't want to see another goddam "Rise To Glory" or any horseshit like that about ND until they DO SOMEFUCKINGTHING in a BOWL GAME.... like WIN!!!!!! Might as well call this year, "Up For Breakfast!!!!!" cuz it's gonna be a long painful season....

FUck Fuck Fucki Fuck!!!!!!

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Haters rejoice...
                Amen brother, amen !!!!

Have fun in Happy Valley next week !!!!!!
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

It's a rare day when a Notre Dame loss gets overshadowed...

LONG LIVE THE WOLVERQUEENS!!!!
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• conmee
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Mar 2003

I hope JoePa's acid reflux or sciatica acts up and "sidelines" him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uh huh uh huh uh huh

UM is the only team on the ND schedule that is as over-rated as the Irish usually, and I always count on UM stumbling and give the Irish additional over-ratedness with a surprise win every few years... now, even if they do beat UM, it's meaningless this year because of Appalacky State... Iowa State also lost at home to a Junior College team on Thursday, I believe. Fuck the Big 11!!!!!!!

Wonder if we can fire Weis and get Tressel to come over... lol

I blame this whole season Tim Horton's, Bob Evans, the buffet at KFC in South Bend (yeah, this west coast kid was SURPRISED that in the MidWest, KFC just says "Fuck it" and install BUFFETS!!!! Still haven't seen one of those out here on the west coast!!!!), and the rest of Weis' favorite dining establishments, the whole pedophile thing with the Church, academic standards, weather, campus parking, tuition, scarcity of 'roids and HGH locally, hey, I'm just REACHING here for something to explain the dismal bowl losses and "Return to Mediocrity" of the past 19 years!!!!! I may need therapy or Xanax or whatever by season's end. uh huh huh huh uh uh huh

Wish that were all!

Icon.

GO IRISH?
                    GO UNLV!
                    GO PADRES!
                    GO CHARGERS!
                    GO DETROIT SPORTS TEAMS (hoops and puck only - I lived there three years so I'm only mildly interested, but check box scores nonetheless)

I can't wait for Cricket to start up again!!!!

Comment

• ODShowtime
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

hehe come on up to happy valley boys. We'll have everything all set for when you get here. Don't worry, we'll have a blast!

gnaw on it

Comment

• chi-town324
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Feb 2007

You know what else pissses me off about Notre Dame? It's the goddam Athletic Department... they keep giving guys extension who haven't earned or desrve it... most recently it was Bob Davie and now Weis getting extensions for what? Losing BCS games? I wonder what Willingham would have accomplished? Maybe nothing, he's kind of a middle of the road coach, with vanilla play calling. But shit, the one coach who didn't get over-paid, and they ran him out of town only to get dissed by Urban Legend... who now has a goddam championship!

So I see shit like this....

"Look for "The New Gold Standard: Charlie Weis and Notre Dame's Rise to Glory" by Tim Prister (ESPN Books, $24.95), in bookstores on Aug. 16."

And I wonder how much of Notre Dame's lack of success is karma related... relying too long on mystique and being independent. Maybe join the Big 10, stop being so elitist (even Harvard and Stanford are in conferences), and stop publishing shit like "The New Gold Standard"!!!!!!! Come the fuck on!!!!!! Don't publish New Gold Standard or Rise/Return to Glory until there's some fucking GLORY to write about!!!!!!!

I think it's karma that has fucked up ND football. Fuck super bowl rings and gastric bypass surgeries!!!!! We need a RECRUITER!!!!! And someone who knows DEFENSE!!!!! Didn't the Big Tuna and Billichek teach Weis anything besides how to maneuver a buffet line?!?!?!?! I'm fucking pisssed!!!!!! I don't want to see another goddam "Rise To Glory" or any horseshit like that about ND until they DO SOMEFUCKINGTHING in a BOWL GAME.... like WIN!!!!!! Might as well call this year, "Up For Breakfast!!!!!" cuz it's gonna be a long painful season....

FUck Fuck Fucki Fuck!!!!!!

That is all.

Icon.
                        well said...looks like a very long year for the irish..

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Q: Lorenzo Crawford, Donald Dykes, Abram Elam, and Justin Smith are all in the same car. Who's driving?

A: The Police.

Q: Did you hear about the two Notre Dame fans who froze to death at the drive-in movie?

A: They went to see "Closed for the Winter."

Q: Did you hear that two of the Notre Dame playbooks were stolen?
                          A: Ty Willingham is very upset. He didn't even finish coloring them.

Q: What did the ND football player get on his final exam?
                          A: Drool.

Q: What is the difference between a Notre Dame fan and a trampoline?
                          A: You take off your shoes before jumping on a trampoline.

Q: What's the difference between the Notre Dame cheerleaders and the Titanic?
                          A: Only a couple thousand people went down on the titanic.

Q: What do the Fighting Irish and Marijuana have in common?
                          A: They both get smoked in a bowl.

Q: How do you get a Notre Dame cheerleader pregnant?
                          A: Cum in her shoes and let the flies do the rest.

Must give credit where credit is due.....
                          A web page describing why the Notre Dame Fighting Irish suck and some Notre Dame jokes.

Frighten The Irish !

That is all.
                          Originally posted by Kristy
                          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                          Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• jharp84
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Fuck ND! And this from an Irish Catholic????

Comment

• chi-town324
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Feb 2007

maybe they should drop down to division 1-AA....but you cant qualify for bowl then

Comment

• conmee
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Mar 2003

Lounge,

Those were horrible, except for the one about smoked in a bowl... that one was good... lol

Icon.

Comment

Working...