Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

I was at that show in St. Louis 8/19/2000. Don't recall it raining though. Or Bruce falling down. And I was 5th-row dead center.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2010

Believe me , it was raining out on the lawn , but , it only rained during Halfords set . I still remember Queensryches acoustic version of " Lady Wears Black " . I can remember every singer from all three bands complementing about what an honor it was to be on a tour with the other bands and how great the other vocalists are .
      When Bruce fell , not only was he blinded by the laser but he stumbled over a big beachball as well . He went on quite a rant about the laser pointer culprit and wishing them all kinds of violent misery . Kick ass show regardless . I just want Maiden to come back again , they are way overdue .

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
        Head Fluffer
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
        Is the current U.S. tour over ? If so , does anyone know if another U.S. tour is on the horizon ?
        Yes, the current US mini "Pre album" tour is over.

Also it will be AWHILE before they are back in the States. Even if they do, it will probably only be LA or NY.

Maiden hit the big Summer EURO festival starting tonight. Ireland is up first.

July 30 Ireland - Dublin O2 (support - Sweet Savage)
        Aug 1 UK - Knebworth Sonisphere Festival
        AUGUST
        Thur 05 Germany - Wacken Festival
        Sat 07 Sweden - Stockholm Stora Skuggan Sonisphere Festival
        Sun 08 Finland - Helsinki Pori's Kirjurinluoto Sonisphere Festival
        Wed 11 Norway- Bergen Bergenhus Festning - Koengen (support - Dark Tranquility)
        Sat 14 Hungary - Sziget Festival
        Sun 15 Transylvania - Cluj Napoca - Polus Center Mall (openers - Cargo)
        Tue 17 Italy - Villa Manin, near Udine
        19 - 21 Belgium - Pukkelpop Festival
        Sat 21 Spain - Valencia - Auditorio Marina Sur (support - Edguy)

Who knows what is in store for Late 2010. Most likely a World tour of Asia, Europe, & South America to support the new The Final Frontier cd.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

That's why I did not know about the rain...me too close to the stage.

Halford SUCKED FUCKING SHIT that day. He sounded like a rabid cat having it's ass sandblasted with an alcohol spraygun on fire.

Missed Queensryche's set, as I was hanging out to the side of the venue talking to the guys in Halford's band.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2010

I was personally offended that Halford didn't do , ahem , " The Green Manalshi " , however , he did keep the Priest tunes to a minimum . I don't think he did any Fight tunes either .
            Queensryche was cool . Maiden kicked all kindsa ass !

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

Manalishi need an avatar..?
              Attached Files

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                Head Fluffer
                • Jul 2010

Absolutely - the more green and evil the better . Thanx if you are offering .

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Aug 2004

Best Iron Maiden cover band evar? lol....

They were in the crowd at the UK Knebworth Sonisphere festival that Maiden headlined on 8/1/10

Comment

• Ralphy Lee Fox
                    Roadie
                    • Mar 2010

yeah she's pretty hot... for an english girl...

"You keep on raining and I'll still be the parade"
                    David Lee Roth

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Aug 2004

Drip..drip....

Looks like the new Maiden cd just leaked. Pretty incredible that in this day and age they(EMI records) made it all the way within hours to the German/French release date of 8/10/2010.

I am still at work, but it should be in all the usual places shortly.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Just got my first listen.

Not as groundbreaking as people would have you believe, but stuff like "The man who would be king" and "Coming home" have incredible ideas in them.

Best old school Maiden track: "The Alchemist", a good rocker like "Be quick or be dead" or "The Mercenary".

It will take a few listens but it promises to be far better than the disappointing "El Dorado" (the weakest track, probably why it was free download).
                        sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Aug 2004

Man, talk about a complex cd. Very progressive in some of the song structures. Some a quite a change up from earlier Maiden. It will also take several listens. I am on around 3 so far.

Bruce is still a great singer, so no worries there. Production is what you would expect from Harris and Kevin Shirley post 2000 cd.

Some pretty different instrumentals starting off with Sat 15.

Still like The Title track "The Final Frontier". El Dorado is good.

The Alchemist might be the most throw back track so to speak.

Coming Home is the ballad. This might get added to the LIVE set.

Still trying to digest the rest.

When the Wild Wind Blows is the big closing epic song. 11 minutes. Kind of slow opener, but it gets going around 2:30 in. Kind of upbeat Maiden song even though it is not an upbeat lyric. Pretty good solos from all 3 guys.

Starblind has some real good Smith solos.

Not a huge fan of Isle of Avalon.

The Talisman is ok.

Maybe give it another spin tomorrow.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Adrian Smith is definetely the star player in Maiden now.

His solos are tasty as fuck.

Is it any coincidence that they went downhill when he left and only came back when he rejoined?

Davey Murray is still awesome, but his solos don`t have the same fire as his early work and Janick Gers seems to only have one guitar solo, which he plays over and over again.
                            sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                              Adrian Smith is definetely the star player in Maiden now.
                              His solos are tasty as fuck.
                              Is it any coincidence that they went downhill when he left and only came back when he rejoined?
                              Davey Murray is still awesome, but his solos don`t have the same fire as his early work and Janick Gers seems to only have one guitar solo, which he plays over and over again.
                              I have to AGREE with Bad Guy. "H" is just a beast in the solo department.

I still don't really know where to rate this new cd versus the other 2000s material. I am such a huge fan of BNW as well as AMOLAD. On first listen maybe between those and DOD. It will probably take a weeks worth of listens to even get familiar with all the tracks. There is a lot going on.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
                                I still don't really know where to rate this new cd versus the other 2000s material. I am such a huge fan of BNW as well as AMOLAD. On first listen maybe between those and DOD. It will probably take a weeks worth of listens to even get familiar with all the tracks. There is a lot going on.
                                I`m enjoying it but it will take a long time to sink in.

I think I`m enjoying it better than "AMOLAD", which I didn`t like the production of too much and, IMO, didn`t really kick off until the second half of the CD.

My favourite of the comeback years is "Dance of Death", even though it has no "swagger" as an album but great individual songs.

The main thing that bugs me about Maiden is they can`t seem to edit their work these days.

It used to be you got one ten minute epic per album, now it`s wall-to-wall with very few short, punchy metal songs.

But hey, it`s new Iron Maiden album!

We better enjoy it, who knows how many more there will be.
                                sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

Working...