X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Cancer Fucking Sucks!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fXTL6EqHqkc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fXTL6EqHqkc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• kissfan1976
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2010

No comments from Blackmore yet?

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ETK1upfNhAo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ETK1upfNhAo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by kissfan1976
          No comments from Blackmore yet?
          Non That I have seen so far.

His web page is down , I think
          Last edited by Jagermeister; 05-17-2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Jagermeister
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I think everyone in the music bizz has made or will make a statement of some kind though. Except for Van Halen.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
              I think everyone in the music bizz has made or will make a statement of some kind though.
              Except for Van Halen.
              No kidding. The "News" section at the official site still has the Happy New Year message from December 29, 2009.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

What can be said of Ronnie James Dio that wasn't already said while he was alive?

This was a man whose work ethic knew no boundaries, who seemingly had an inexhaustible amount of energy, vocal strength and musicianship. But I think, even greater than his work ethic and musical talent, that he had an limitless amount of time for his fans. When it comes to a musician being of the fans and for the fans, Ronnie James Dio epitomized that aspect of this whole thing we call being a rock star. This was a man who would wait through a line of fans seeking photographs, autographs or even just a second of his attention, and when he finally got to you (and he would, always), he had this almost magical ability to make you feel like you were THE biggest fan he had. Didn't quite get the right picture the first time? He'd take another with you. If his pen went dead, you weren't leaving until he found another and got you that autograph.

As Van Halen fans, we could only wish to be so lucky, am I right?

When you listened to his albums, they were...well, they fucking saved my life. As much shit in the world as I've gone through, one of the constant aspects I could always rely on was the ability to throw on some Elf, Rainbow, Sabbath or one of his solo albums and hear some deeper lyrics about pushing on through the eternal, endless battle of good vs. evil and finding light at the end of the tunnel...the light in the black, so to speak. There's a real depth to Ronnie's lyrics, a real visual and visceral power to them that you might not notice if you're not paying attention - but the message is always clear, always deep and always spiritual, insightful and enlightening. That, plus the fact that he always worked on OUR schedule, never his own, are the greatest gifts he could have left us with.

I myself thought that Ronnie would be with us forever, and my heart is more than broken - it's absolutely shattered. I first became exposed to Ronnie in 1981 when I heard the Mob Rules record, and although I was a bit young at the time to have it's impact stay with me, I think back now to that day and I realize that Ronnie's music has been an enormous part of my adolescence, youth and even adulthood. Without the prospect of buying a new Dio album every year or two, I feel that a big part of my musical circle has been broken. There are no young stars, no next generation metal singers who have any hope of ever achieving what Ronnie James Dio was and will always be.

He made the mold. He is THE icon. Others can cite Ozzy Osbourne, or maybe Ian Gillan, or any number of other singers from the era, but for me, they will always pale like a flickering candle compared to the raging inferno of the Ronnie James Dio legacy.

Metal today is not the same.
                Metal tomorrow will not be the same.
                Metal survives, but a big part of it's heart and soul is missing and always will be from now on.

But you never say never - we're gonna live forever. We've got time to burn, and right now the King of Rock and Roll is Breaking into Heaven. And in that sense, the sense that Ronnie always knew about our love, our passion, and how connected to him we all were, we can try to hold our heads high, be thankful for the TONS of fabulous, world-changing music he left us, and keep on rocking in his name. I don't claim to know the man, but if I understand even one fucking thing about his music, than I can say I know that's the way he would want us to continue.

Horns FOREVER up for Ronnie James Dio, and God bless him. I will miss you until I'm old and grey, my very good friend.

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                  Non That I have seen so far.

His web page is down , I think
                  He did, but it was very brief. Just something about him being a vocal powerhouse and that he'd be missed. Not much else outside of that, I don't think. Don't have the exact quote, but it's on BM back a few pages.
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

On that note, I kinda feel up for something uplifting....if I may....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/av3PH_RPM30&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/av3PH_RPM30&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

This has been a terrible day since learning of Dio's passing.

Not much more I can say. Been a huge fan for years.

He will be greatly missed.

RIP RJD.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• lesfunk
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I just sat down after a busy day and it's starting to sink in.
                        Bueno bob's post speaks for me almost exactly.
                        I'm not happy today.
                        RJD is my favorite Rock and Roll singer (yes more than DLR) . I haven't felt this way since Frank Zappa passed (also from FUCKING CANCER) and James Brown.
                        Normally I wouldn't be this affected by the passing of an entertainer or anyone I don't know but this has fucked me up.
                        Dio and his music, especially with Rainbow and Sabbath, has been so much a part of my life I feel empty knowing that someone who has given me so much joy and inspiration is gone before his time.
                        The Trolls in this thread should be ashamed of themselves
                        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by bueno bob
                          He did, but it was very brief. Just something about him being a vocal powerhouse and that he'd be missed. Not much else outside of that, I don't think. Don't have the exact quote, but it's on BM back a few pages.
                          RITCHIE BLACKMORE: RONNIE JAMES DIO 'Had A Unique And Wonderful Voice' - May 16, 2010
                          Ronnie James Dio's former RAINBOW bandmate, guitarist Ritchie Blackmore, has released the following statement regarding the passing of the legendary heavy metal singer:

"Ronnie had a unique and wonderful voice. He will be sadly missed in the rock and roll world."
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            RITCHIE BLACKMORE: RONNIE JAMES DIO 'Had A Unique And Wonderful Voice' - May 16, 2010
                            Ronnie James Dio's former RAINBOW bandmate, guitarist Ritchie Blackmore, has released the following statement regarding the passing of the legendary heavy metal singer:

"Ronnie had a unique and wonderful voice. He will be sadly missed in the rock and roll world."
                            Ritchie is certainly a man of few words.

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

In BLACKMORE's defense...it's got to be difficult to sum up ones feelings for somebody and have it reduced to a soundbite...

RONNIE JAMES DIO

RIP brother....

A ICON of METAL....

Been listening to him non-stop since yesterday morning....

HEAVEN & HELL...Top 5 for me...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                                I'm sorry to further take away from this sad topic but this post was some much needed comic relief.
                                Didn't mean to derail anything. It was just a knee jerk reaction to the child lurerer's post. The diddler' probably couldn't name 3 of Ronnies songs without a Youtube search...

Always respected Ronnie's honesty and his appreciation of the fans. Was lucky to have met him @ NAMM '94. I was amazed at how
                                such a huge voice could come from such a short guy...

A fuckin legend R.I.P. Ronnie!

(Ronnie telling it how it is...)
                                <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zOwZBo8FQvo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0 x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zOwZBo8FQvo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0 x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...