X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kissfan1976
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr Walker
    I need to dig out that bootleg of the Sabbath Riot show when Dio tells the crowd to fuck off after someone hit Geez with a bottle...

On October 9th, 1980 at Mecca Arena in Milwaukee the Black & Blue show produced a riot. The riot started when Black Sabbath ended their show in the middle when someone threw a beer bottle in Geezer Butler's face. Eight policemen, several fans and Geezer Butler were injured and 160 people were arrested in the riot, which required police forces from all over the city before it was under control. The Mecca Arena was destroyed rather badly.
    I have that one too,sounds like a damn war zone once the rioting starts.

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
      Head Fluffer
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
      This is claimed to be a un released sound board!

And I think it might be!
      Hey Walker. Has Wooda heard this clip yet today(VH, MOASM)? Lou?

Pretty curious as to the source. Seems like Jeff H over at VHND has a few VH club tapes that he claims aren't even circulating amongst the hoarders. http://www.vhnd.com/2010/05/17/sound...lver-mountain/

Not much comment from anyone at vht either.

Comment

• Mr Walker
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
        Hey Walker. Has Wooda heard this clip yet today(VH, MOASM)? Lou?

Pretty curious as to the source. Seems like Jeff H over at VHND has a few VH club tapes that he claims aren't even circulating amongst the hoarders. http://www.vhnd.com/2010/05/17/sound...lver-mountain/

Not much comment from anyone at vht either.
        I don't know... I was wondering the same thing about the same two people myself.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

I really wish the "Golden Pipes" phrase wasn't used so much. Every time I read that I think of that damn e trade commercial. Which I was going to post but I won't.
          Well you know, there are only so many words we can use to describe his greatness. Not surprising people repeat each other, especially when it is so hard to deal with the fact he is gone.

Comment

• Jagermeister
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I don't know... I was wondering the same thing about the same two people myself.
            Well don't you think maybe you could try to get in touch with one of them?

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
              From KISS:

Paul, Gene, Tommy and Eric

Who??
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                Head Fluffer
                • Aug 2004

Well don't you think maybe you could try to get in touch with one of them?
                Yeah I always thought that Walker had a special "Kiss Army issued Gene Demon" phone that he used to call Wooda. Kind of like the Batphone or Presidential phone or something......

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

I need to dig out that bootleg of the Sabbath Riot show when Dio tells the crowd to fuck off after someone hit Geez with a bottle...

On October 9th, 1980 at Mecca Arena in Milwaukee the Black & Blue show produced a riot. The riot started when Black Sabbath ended their show in the middle when someone threw a beer bottle in Geezer Butler's face. Eight policemen, several fans and Geezer Butler were injured and 160 people were arrested in the riot, which required police forces from all over the city before it was under control. The Mecca Arena was destroyed rather badly.
                  Originally posted by kissfan1976
                  I have that one too,sounds like a damn war zone once the rioting starts.

FORD was talking about this a while back, but I'll be damned if I could find the thread. In any event, here is the audio from the concert, and you can hear all hell breaking loose as the place is trashed.

March 10, 2008 — Milwaukee, WI 10/9/1980 - One of the greatest audio testaments to a concert riot that exists. Just the third song into the show (Sabbath had already played War Pigs and Neon Knights), Dio gives the nod to Geezer to start N.I.B. All that happens is a thud...which is presumably Geezer hitting the floor after some jackass threw a bottle and hit him in the head. Dio turns on the lights and lectures the crowd a bit. Then the road manager and tour promoter come out and give a brief statement. Sabbath does not come back though, and the crowd gets pissed. Supposedly dozens were arrested and there was $10,000 damage to the arena. Funny thing was that the Milwaukee Bucks had a game the following night. Wonder how that worked out?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
                    Yeah I always thought that Walker had a special "Kiss Army issued Gene Demon" phone that he used to call Wooda. Kind of like the Batphone or Presidential phone or something......

I want to comment on this but I really can't.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

I want to comment on this but I really can't.
                      Who are you?

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:15613" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=artist%3D971%26vid%3D15613 %26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A15613" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed>
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:152187" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=artist%3D971%26vid%3D15218 7%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A152187" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed>
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Who are you?

Reb Beach.

Comment

• thome
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Mar 2005

As a child of the seventies and a child in time. I was and am a Deep Purple Fan.

I was affraid of Ozzy and Sabbath and perhaps, was somewhere else Grand Funk other things other places,,,,,,, places similar, but not the same.

I was however validated in my deams by Rainbow and Dio..I was there when Purple ( as a fan) broke up and what came out of it was wonderfull and who I was.

Change is different for us all and I was the man on the silver mountain. I was the silver man and still am.
                              As all of the great musicians go back and forth we wait for the creativity they give us.

Dio gave us/me greatness and creativity that spanned many many years.

I didn't get Sabbath until Ozzy went on his own and Dio took over it was like he joined things I was seperate about.

Trully a great joiner of opposites and people and musical creativity.

RIP

Comment

• Mr Walker
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

Reb Beach.
                                Nevermind... I just read your signature... now I know who you are.
                                I'll send wooda an e-mail tomorrow about the song that VHND posted. I'd like to hear it myself first (couldn't listen to it hear at work).

Comment

Working...