"Revenge of the Sith" : How was it for you?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

The Jedi didn't believe in killing their prisoners - Sith or otherwise, and that was CONCRETE. However, a great many Jedi had no problem with allowing Sith to die, either. After a certain point, the Jedi would essentially give up on hope of redemption for a fallen Jedi and wouldn't even consider trying any further. Now, if that Sith fell into their hands, they had other far-reaching alternatives and made use of them.

Obi Wan obviously felt Anakin was beyond redemption at that point and just left him to his fate. No doubt, after the slaughter at Anakin's hands at the temple...Obi Wan probably felt that Anakin had it coming to him.

Fuckin' Padme says THAT? You're going to kill him, aren't you? What a cunt. Some kinda support base. If I was Anakin, I'd have killed the bitch myself, too.

Whore.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Golden AWe
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob

Fuckin' Padme says THAT? You're going to kill him, aren't you? What a cunt. Some kinda support base. If I was Anakin, I'd have killed the bitch myself, too.

Whore.
      But she's my whore...ahahahha.

PADME+DARTH AWe=THE FUTURE OF THE GALAXY
      Originally posted by Cato
      Golden, why are you FAT?
      Originally posted by lesfunk
      Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

up the crudder!
        Originally posted by flappo
        i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
        translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Where's Bob??

Seeing as he saw it yesterday.

By the way, Sith is on its way to break the 200 million mark very soon (and I think that may be a record too -- fastest to 200).
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
            Where's Bob??
            Slept in

Review next.
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• vanzilla
              Veteran
              • Jul 2004

As I mentioned earlier, I saw it on Monday - but after having a few days to digest it all I have a few questions I was hoping some of you could answer:

1. R2D2 and C3PO are at least 30 years old by the time they hit Episode 4. Why wouldn't they be considered obsolete in an era so technologically advanced? I mean, c'mon - 30 years ago we were listening to 8 tracks and VCR's weren't a common house hold item, now those products are extinct.

2. In ROTS, Padme is wearing the classic Cinammon Bun Hairdo. Sure styles are cyclical, but do you really see someone Leiah's age wanting to replicate their mom's hairstyle.

3. The whole Chewbacca thing still bothers me. Yoda and Chewie were pals in ROTS, yet he never brings it up to Luke or Ben in TESB, OR ROTJ. Why is that? Especially when Ben is trying to teach Luke the powers of the force in the Falcon with the remote blaster.

Overall, I liked ROTS...and I realize I'm bringing too much into this since it's just fiction...but those are the loose ends that George fails to tie up. If anyone has any insight please let me know. Thanks.
              Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

• Redballjets88
                Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

thye just do half the stuff t add nostalgia to it
                R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• vanzilla
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                  thye just do half the stuff t add nostalgia to it
                  Well, that's obvious, and yeh, it was cool too...

...but some of the guys here, like Warham and Vinnie have a deeper knowledge of the series and could shed some light on the subjects.

That's what I'm looking for. No biggie.
                  Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

So I went to see this movie called "Revenge of the Sith" last night...and...

Having seen a bootlegged DVD a few months back, I have to say this: of course, the complete version is about an hour (give or take) more than what I caught of it, and several things were different in minor details...order of events, etc.

The movie itself? Wonderful. Everything Star Wars should be and easily the best of the prequels...better, in fact, than Return of the Jedi or a New Hope, and second (maybe!) only to Empire Strikes Back.

I thought the dynamic between Obi Wan and Anakin was much better, much more fleshed out in "Sith" than it had been in TPM or AOTC; we now understand a bit better why Obi Wan told Luke that Anakin was a "good friend" in ANH. The dialogue, while still cringe-inducing in part, was on the whole a lot better and detractors of TPM and AOTC will find (have you not seen it yet) that it's actually a lot more standable.

The lightsaber battles - VERY intense, however, I really hoped to see a bit more of Grievous in action than what ended up being there...in the Clone Wars animated series, he's been very bad-ass, decimating Jedi left and right and hardly anyone was able to stand against him at all; I felt Obi Wan took Grievous out a little too easily, but that's again forgivable, as Grievous had to be out of the picture anyway.

Palpatine's inSIDIOUSness throughout the film was done to almost total perfection - you can just see the wheels spinning in his head as he's manuevering in for the final strike against both Anakin and the Jedi...conniving, manipulative, just a real bastard beginning to end, and Ian plays his role to the absolute fullest potential.

Padme doesn't take any real hands-on approach during the film, and considering she's preggers, that's to be expected...always nice to see Natalie up on the screen, of course, and she looks great throughout the film.

Some people have mentioned the brief cameo appearance of the Millenium Falcon - look for it in the lower right hand side of the screen after the rescue of Palpatine from General Grievous...I can't remember exactly WHERE it's at in the film, but shortly after the battle, a ship is landing on Coruscant - if you keep your eyes open and on the bottom right of the screen during any landing sequences, you'll spot it, it's not too hard if you're keeping your eyes open for it's appearance (as I was).

The musical score - John Williams has absolutely KICKED ASS on this one, and it's quite possibly the best, most accurate musical score of the whole series. His compositions damn near left me in tears at points, especially during the wholesale slaughter of the Jedi at the hands of the Clone Troopers and during the separations of Anakin and Padme. I really can't say enough positive things about how emotional and moving the music is...easily the best scored Star Wars movie ever.

The violence level isn't excessive - more than any other Star Wars movie to be sure, but not beyond reason. Safe for your kids, in other words...there are some missing limbs, severed heads, et al, but nothing truly horrific...your kids will see equally as much on TV, except it'll be worse

The Mace Windu/Sidious/Anakin confrontation is really one of the highlights of the film - even though you know which way Anakin is going to go, it's still agonizing to watch it happen...very tragic, and you'll find yourself really getting pissed off at him for doing it! At least I did...but you can almost find sympathy in the situation he has...he's been led to support Sidious by a lie of the ability saving his wife and child, and here's Mace Windu, a mentor of old, ready, willing and able to take that key away forever...were I personally in that position, I really can't say how I'd react, either.

There are actually two appearances of Jar Jar Binks - the first is shortly into the movie (right after the landing sequence where the Falcon makes it's brief cameo), but he doesn't speak any lines and is fairly well back away from the center of attention, and the second is, of course, a quick face shot right at the end of the movie - again, no speaking lines.

The duel between Anakin and Obi Wan was OUTSTANDING, and THE lightsaber duel of the Star Wars saga without a doubt. Anakin is completely BAD-ASS and I watched the whole thing with the notion that Obi Wan was really struggling to keep up with him for the whole fight. In the end, I was left feeling that Obi Wan had NO BUSINESS AT ALL winning that fight, and it was ONLY Anakin's arrogance about his positioning, and his abilities, that lost it for him...had that fight gone on any longer, I've no doubt at all that Anakin would have killed Obi Wan sooner or later.

As I watched it, I thought that I could understand Obi Wan's decision not to assist Anakin out of harms way - Obi Wan was rightly furious at Anakin for a good many things, but most dominantly the slaughter of the Younglings at the Jedi Temple. Had I been in Obi Wan's position, brother or not, I'd have left him there to rot too. Anakin screaming "I HATE YOU!" at Obi Wan was a very powerful moment, one of the most powerful moments in the entire series, and we can see just how Anakin and Vader swapped places so easily...and we can feel a lot of sympathy towards Anakin as well, all the while still hating him for what he's done and allowed to happen.

Yoda vs. Sidious was everything I hoped it'd be - a very, very tight contest between the two of them that could have gone either way, and as luck (or the Force) would have it, it went to Sidious. The battle between them was really fun, and it was an EXTREMELY neat time to watch two actual MASTERS of the Force go toe to toe for a bit. I kinda found myself wanting it to continue on further than what it did, but....too much of that would have detracted from the Vader/Kenobi battle, so it's forgivable...then again, I could watch 2+ hours worth of a lightsaber duel ALONE and be rapt the whole time...on a solely personal note, I've never thought any Star Wars lightsaber duel had gone on long enough until Vader vs. Kenobi, and the timing on that was sheerly perfect - not too short and not too long.

We finally get our first glimpses of Kashyyyk and Alderaan, too - VERY long overdue, but worth the wait. Always a pleasure to see Chewbacca on the big screen, although I kinda wish he'd actually gotten to fight a bit more.

The special effects were outstanding, the CGI more or less believable, and the performances from Hayden, Natalie and Ewan were really awesome. There are a few "Gaah!" moments back and forth, but these were much more fewer in number than in TPM or AOTC and certainly no worse than anything offered in the original trilogy - in fact, in a lot of ways it's better.

My total score of the movie? 9 out of 10, almost the PERFECT Star Wars movie. Without a doubt, when I'm in the mood for a one-off Star Wars film, THIS will be the one I turn to for my sitting.

Can't wait for the DVD!!

Congratulations, George - it's an excellent piece of work! Wonderfully done and a great way to wrap up the series! Detractors be damned, it's well worth seeing in the theater at least 3 times, going again around Sunday or so
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by vanzilla
                      As I mentioned earlier, I saw it on Monday - but after having a few days to digest it all I have a few questions I was hoping some of you could answer:

1. R2D2 and C3PO are at least 30 years old by the time they hit Episode 4. Why wouldn't they be considered obsolete in an era so technologically advanced? I mean, c'mon - 30 years ago we were listening to 8 tracks and VCR's weren't a common house hold item, now those products are extinct.

They were considered old technology during that time...but they were friends and had personalities...if I had an 8 track that talked to me, could unlock doors and understand virtually any language, I'd have a hard time tossing it too

2. In ROTS, Padme is wearing the classic Cinammon Bun Hairdo. Sure styles are cyclical, but do you really see someone Leia's age wanting to replicate their mom's hairstyle.

Um...don't know...don't really have an answer for that...

3. The whole Chewbacca thing still bothers me. Yoda and Chewie were pals in ROTS, yet he never brings it up to Luke or Ben in TESB, OR ROTJ. Why is that? Especially when Ben is trying to teach Luke the powers of the force in the Falcon with the remote blaster.

I don't think Ben ever knew that Yoda and Chewie had been friends of each other...and after 20 odd years down the road, I don't see any reason why Chewbacca would bring it up to anybody, Luke never spoke of Yoda or his training there on Dagobah.

Overall, I liked ROTS...and I realize I'm bringing too much into this since it's just fiction...but those are the loose ends that George fails to tie up. If anyone has any insight please let me know. Thanks.
                      Just my insights.
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

1. The designs for astro droids and protocol droids never changed -- though they may have technologically.

2. Padme wearing the same hair buns look may just be a "look of royalty", since she was the Queen of Naboo and Leia is a Princess. Movie-making wise, it was just a nice tie in to the look of Leia in Episode IV to make that mother-daughter connection.

3. Having not seen Chewie in 23 years, it serves no purpose for Yoda to talk to Luke about him. Yoda's focus is to train Luke so that he can ultimately take out Vader and the Emperor. Its not like Yoda sat there and talked about how great Mace Windu was to Luke -- it serves no purpose. Add to the fact that Luke never talks about his 'friends' specifically to Yoda.

Obi-Wan just knows that Yoda has had "good relations with the wookies" having heard it from Yoda himself. That's all. No mention of Chewie to him.

Hope that helps.
                        =V V=
                        ole No.1 The finest
                        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                          1. The designs for astro droids and protocol droids never changed -- though they may have technologically.

2. Padme wearing the same hair buns look may just be a "look of royalty", since she was the Queen of Naboo and Leia is a Princess. Movie-making wise, it was just a nice tie in to the look of Leia in Episode IV to make that mother-daughter connection.

3. Having not seen Chewie in 23 years, it serves no purpose for Yoda to talk to Luke about him. Yoda's focus is to train Luke so that he can ultimately take out Vader and the Emperor. Its not like Yoda sat there and talked about how great Mace Windu was to Luke -- it serves no purpose. Add to the fact that Luke never talks about his 'friends' specifically to Yoda.

Obi-Wan just knows that Yoda has had "good relations with the wookies" having heard it from Yoda himself. That's all. No mention of Chewie to him.

Hope that helps.
                          Exactly.
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                            So I went to see this movie called "Revenge of the Sith" last night...and...

Having seen a bootlegged DVD a few months back, I have to say this: of course, the complete version is about an hour (give or take) more than what I caught of it, and several things were different in minor details...order of events, etc.

The movie itself? Wonderful. Everything Star Wars should be and easily the best of the prequels...better, in fact, than Return of the Jedi or a New Hope, and second (maybe!) only to Empire Strikes Back.

I thought the dynamic between Obi Wan and Anakin was much better, much more fleshed out in "Sith" than it had been in TPM or AOTC; we now understand a bit better why Obi Wan told Luke that Anakin was a "good friend" in ANH. The dialogue, while still cringe-inducing in part, was on the whole a lot better and detractors of TPM and AOTC will find (have you not seen it yet) that it's actually a lot more standable.

The lightsaber battles - VERY intense, however, I really hoped to see a bit more of Grievous in action than what ended up being there...in the Clone Wars animated series, he's been very bad-ass, decimating Jedi left and right and hardly anyone was able to stand against him at all; I felt Obi Wan took Grievous out a little too easily, but that's again forgivable, as Grievous had to be out of the picture anyway.

Palpatine's inSIDIOUSness throughout the film was done to almost total perfection - you can just see the wheels spinning in his head as he's manuevering in for the final strike against both Anakin and the Jedi...conniving, manipulative, just a real bastard beginning to end, and Ian plays his role to the absolute fullest potential.

Padme doesn't take any real hands-on approach during the film, and considering she's preggers, that's to be expected...always nice to see Natalie up on the screen, of course, and she looks great throughout the film.

Some people have mentioned the brief cameo appearance of the Millenium Falcon - look for it in the lower right hand side of the screen after the rescue of Palpatine from General Grievous...I can't remember exactly WHERE it's at in the film, but shortly after the battle, a ship is landing on Coruscant - if you keep your eyes open and on the bottom right of the screen during any landing sequences, you'll spot it, it's not too hard if you're keeping your eyes open for it's appearance (as I was).

The musical score - John Williams has absolutely KICKED ASS on this one, and it's quite possibly the best, most accurate musical score of the whole series. His compositions damn near left me in tears at points, especially during the wholesale slaughter of the Jedi at the hands of the Clone Troopers and during the separations of Anakin and Padme. I really can't say enough positive things about how emotional and moving the music is...easily the best scored Star Wars movie ever.

The violence level isn't excessive - more than any other Star Wars movie to be sure, but not beyond reason. Safe for your kids, in other words...there are some missing limbs, severed heads, et al, but nothing truly horrific...your kids will see equally as much on TV, except it'll be worse

The Mace Windu/Sidious/Anakin confrontation is really one of the highlights of the film - even though you know which way Anakin is going to go, it's still agonizing to watch it happen...very tragic, and you'll find yourself really getting pissed off at him for doing it! At least I did...but you can almost find sympathy in the situation he has...he's been led to support Sidious by a lie of the ability saving his wife and child, and here's Mace Windu, a mentor of old, ready, willing and able to take that key away forever...were I personally in that position, I really can't say how I'd react, either.

There are actually two appearances of Jar Jar Binks - the first is shortly into the movie (right after the landing sequence where the Falcon makes it's brief cameo), but he doesn't speak any lines and is fairly well back away from the center of attention, and the second is, of course, a quick face shot right at the end of the movie - again, no speaking lines.

The duel between Anakin and Obi Wan was OUTSTANDING, and THE lightsaber duel of the Star Wars saga without a doubt. Anakin is completely BAD-ASS and I watched the whole thing with the notion that Obi Wan was really struggling to keep up with him for the whole fight. In the end, I was left feeling that Obi Wan had NO BUSINESS AT ALL winning that fight, and it was ONLY Anakin's arrogance about his positioning, and his abilities, that lost it for him...had that fight gone on any longer, I've no doubt at all that Anakin would have killed Obi Wan sooner or later.

As I watched it, I thought that I could understand Obi Wan's decision not to assist Anakin out of harms way - Obi Wan was rightly furious at Anakin for a good many things, but most dominantly the slaughter of the Younglings at the Jedi Temple. Had I been in Obi Wan's position, brother or not, I'd have left him there to rot too. Anakin screaming "I HATE YOU!" at Obi Wan was a very powerful moment, one of the most powerful moments in the entire series, and we can see just how Anakin and Vader swapped places so easily...and we can feel a lot of sympathy towards Anakin as well, all the while still hating him for what he's done and allowed to happen.

Yoda vs. Sidious was everything I hoped it'd be - a very, very tight contest between the two of them that could have gone either way, and as luck (or the Force) would have it, it went to Sidious. The battle between them was really fun, and it was an EXTREMELY neat time to watch two actual MASTERS of the Force go toe to toe for a bit. I kinda found myself wanting it to continue on further than what it did, but....too much of that would have detracted from the Vader/Kenobi battle, so it's forgivable...then again, I could watch 2+ hours worth of a lightsaber duel ALONE and be rapt the whole time...on a solely personal note, I've never thought any Star Wars lightsaber duel had gone on long enough until Vader vs. Kenobi, and the timing on that was sheerly perfect - not too short and not too long.

We finally get our first glimpses of Kashyyyk and Alderaan, too - VERY long overdue, but worth the wait. Always a pleasure to see Chewbacca on the big screen, although I kinda wish he'd actually gotten to fight a bit more.

The special effects were outstanding, the CGI more or less believable, and the performances from Hayden, Natalie and Ewan were really awesome. There are a few "Gaah!" moments back and forth, but these were much more fewer in number than in TPM or AOTC and certainly no worse than anything offered in the original trilogy - in fact, in a lot of ways it's better.

My total score of the movie? 9 out of 10, almost the PERFECT Star Wars movie. Without a doubt, when I'm in the mood for a one-off Star Wars film, THIS will be the one I turn to for my sitting.

Can't wait for the DVD!!

Congratulations, George - it's an excellent piece of work! Wonderfully done and a great way to wrap up the series! Detractors be damned, it's well worth seeing in the theater at least 3 times, going again around Sunday or so
                            Excellent review, Bob!

Bravo.

Couldn't agree with you more on your points.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Thank ya
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Redballjets88
                                Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i wanna know how han and chewie meet ....... i didnt know that mace was suck a bad ass
                                R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

Working...