"Revenge of the Sith" : How was it for you?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I HATE GREIVOUS,he was sooooooo shit,only reason he touched obi-wan was coz the light sabers were gone,and yea wtf a robot with borncitus,what the hell is up with that?
    i heard it was the result of a battle with obi-wan prior to the film or something like that
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

yeah, they fought in the latest set of Clone Wars cartoons. but i don't remember what exactly happened, i'd have to watch it again.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• fe_lung
        Sniper
        • Mar 2004

Lucas sure wasn't kidding when he said it was too intense for youngsters. I almot took my six year old to it. Holy fuck am I glad I saw it first.... That movie was brutal!

Overall I liked it, however. Glad to see Obi-Wan soundly kick Annies ass, rather than win just due to some clumsy error by the kid (as others had reported would happen). Thought the pacing was good - maybe a few too many big establishing shots, but oh well... Acting was fine. As usual, Ewan carries the film - he's the heart and soul of the first three - but much better performances overall from the rest of the cast.

Unlike most, I have no problems with the dialogue. It fits with the whole space-opera/saturday serial idea of the film. It's over-wrought and sometimes cheesy, but that's ok. As far as the love story - people say all kinds of stupid shit when they're in love, so is it corny? Sure but so what. It's kids in love!

Also, I think Anakin ought to open up a discounted limbs and things store. Christ there was a lot of body parts getting lopped off!

Comment

• fe_lung
          Sniper
          • Mar 2004

Again, I only caught the last little bit of the cartoon, but didn't Anakin have a big tribal tattoo thing going on on his chest and arm? Where did that disappear to all of a sudden? Can you use to force to remove tattoos? How about boob jobs? Can he give Padme bigger knockers, or would that lead to the dark side?

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by fe_lung
            Again, I only caught the last little bit of the cartoon, but didn't Anakin have a big tribal tattoo thing going on on his chest and arm? Where did that disappear to all of a sudden? Can you use to force to remove tattoos?
            i figured that was just war paint.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• fe_lung
              Sniper
              • Mar 2004

Spoiler dealy and all

Do you guys think that Palpatine knew that Annie was going to kill his wife all along? I wouldn't put it past him to promise the kid the power to save someone all the time knowing the Annie will be the one to cause her death anyway.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

i was so sad when padme died,im not a lesbian or anything but she was really pretty

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

For the record, Anakin(Vader) did not kill Padme.

He was lied to that he did it.

The medical droids said that "medically, she's completely healthy, for reasons we can't explain, we are losing her."
                  =V V=
                  ole No.1 The finest
                  EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

she lost the will to live,i was crying at that part

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

did you see mace windu strike down upon palpatine with great vengence and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy the jedi(for anyone who doesnt know that was a nod to pulp fiction there

izikile 25 17
                      "the path of the ritious man is beset on all sides by the enequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men,blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepards the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truley his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children.and i will strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brother,and you will no i am the lord,when i lay my vengence upon thee"

i love that quote

Comment

• Dr. Love
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

yeah, Mace was going dark side on us there.

As for Vader and Padre's () death... I think Sidious would have had her killed had she survived. There was no way he'd leave her alive.
                        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• tjvhou812
                          Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

wait til the sith hits the fan
                          Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Thorman
                            Commando
                            • Apr 2005

Was that DLR dressed as Chewy?? His bark or whatever Chewy does when he talks sure sounded like DLR when he sings...they could be the same person only Chewy had way too much hair....

BAM
                            http://www.topthat.net/webrock/sounds/bamm.wav

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Thorman
                              Was that DLR dressed as Chewy?? His bark or whatever Chewy does when he talks sure sounded like DLR when he sings...they could be the same person only Chewy had way too much hair....

BAM
                              Thorman? I think you meant to see "Gay Wars: Attack of the Bones!"

Sammy Hagar at the Cabo Cantina...
                              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-23-2005, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I just saw the thing...and I must say that I am simply awed. I was tempted to watch it a second consecutive time actually. The movie not only lived up to expectations for me, but exceeded them.

I was told to expect sappy acting and cliche' ridden, corny dialogue. I really did not notice too much of this, or perhaps it was more forgivable because the story is good unto itself and is impervious to such defects.

In fact, one of the best scenes of the film for me was when Anakan sat next to Palpatine in the bubble opera or whatever that shit was supposed to be.

It was a very powerful scene of understatement for me and I was really sold on this film. I will see it again, at the drive-thru or on an IMAX screen.

The force is strong in this one!

Comment

Working...