X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • standin
    Veteran
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by chan_bkny
    There is a sophisticated racism nowadays that is not so blatant. You can be working with one side by side everyday and not detect it. This kind of racist has a superiority/inferiority belief about a group/groups, but will make exceptions for individuals of those groups if they do not behave in the stereotypical fashion of that group. If for example, a white guys dates a black girl; he thinks he's not racist because of that one relationship. But he could be dating her because she doesn't "act black."
    That always got me. What does "act black" mean?
    That is the most annoying part is getting stereotyped.
    I found the one's most insecure with their ethics or life were always the one saying you don't "act {insert stereotype here}"
    Last edited by standin; 10-16-2009, 01:36 PM.
    To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
    MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
      Rashida Jones is hot, I think. I had no idea she is Quincy Jones' daughter.
      I didn't know that until just recently either. If I was going to guess her ethnic background, I probably wouldn't have guessed that her dad was African American.

Her sister Kidada is hot as well.....

And here's both girls with dad......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There's a clip on YouTube called "Racism At The Bus Stop," which uses humor to tackle this very issue. For some reason whenever I post a YT clip from this PC it never comes out right, so if you want to check out the clip you can search for the title there. Actually, the entire channel has funny clips dealing with racism.
        Is this the one?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dQJwUhhUjpI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dQJwUhhUjpI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• standin
          Veteran
          • Apr 2009

There's a clip on YouTube called "Racism At The Bus Stop," which uses humor to tackle this very issue. For some reason whenever I post a YT clip from this PC it never comes out right, so if you want to check out the clip you can search for the title there. Actually, the entire channel has funny clips dealing with racism.
          Aw Jeepers! These are great!!!!!
          That dude hit the nail on the head.

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/glOv4MIyNSE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd 311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/glOv4MIyNSE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd 311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

Well, some of them are lame. And stereotypical themselves.
          The one about the elevator, the dude is some stager getting in alone in an elevator with another person. One should always be cautious about that. Always.
          Last edited by standin; 10-16-2009, 02:06 PM.
          To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
          MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Of course. Last week there were two articles in The NY Times about our First Lady's roots. Mrs. Obama's great great great grandfather was a white slave owner. It was sad to read. Mrs. Obama didn't comment on the findings.
            Yeah. That's how most people of African decent made it to America. Most the indians died off from disease so they had to bring Africans here to work the plantations. The British, the Spanish, and The French were all using slave African labor all over in the Americas and Caribean. If slavery wasn't going on, most the black people would still be in Africa other than the ones who migrated here later after slavery. So yup, I'm sure Mrs. Obama's acestors were slaves like most black Americans. Can't blame me, my ancestors were vikings and we only used white slaves 1000 years ago.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Slavery still goes on. It's more rampant than people think.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Boy oh Boy.
                Reminds me of the Nixon I'm not a crook line.

GeeZ. They even use my bathroom.
                You know he scrubs the hell out of it afterwards.

And can NO one else marry these people down there?

Comment

• standin
                  Veteran
                  • Apr 2009

When Mariah Carey became big with her first album, Jet Magazine or Essence had Mariah Carey on the cover withthe headline "Why She Looks White and Sounds (or was it Sings?) Black."
                  I had a conversation recently, I had went through an interview about a year ago and I was told to mention certain aspects of my heritage that really should not come into play. I was like naw, I don't need that boast. After, I didn't get it and I audited the program against the same program in other sections. Yea, blatant racism in play.
                  Very vague on purpose. (sorry)
                  I went back and mentioned the aspects and asked her if that was enough. It was shameful her deceit. Sometimes being able to read people is annoying.
                  MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• standin
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Slavery still goes on. It's more rampant than people think.
                    Where is the problem?
                    Forced labour is a global problem, although some regions have larger numbers of people affected than others. The regional distribution of forced labour is:

Asia and Pacific: 9,490,000 (77%)
                    Latin America: 1,320,000 (11%)
                    Sub-Saharan Africa: 660,000 (5%)
                    Industrialised countries: 360,000 (3%)
                    Middle East and North Africa: 260,000 (2%)
                    Transition countries: 210,000 (2%)

Anti-Slavery - Forced Labour
                    MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• standin
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                      Boy oh Boy.
                      Reminds me of the Nixon I'm not a crook line.

GeeZ. They even use my bathroom.
                      You know he scrubs the hell out of it afterwards.

And can NO one else marry these people down there?
                      That was kinda odd.
                      But hey, I don't let anyone use my bathroom equally, maybe female can. But a guy, even ones I kinda know, they use the other one.
                      Last edited by standin; 10-16-2009, 02:28 PM.
                      MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• standin
                        Veteran
                        • Apr 2009

Wow, just wow..
                        MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Anonymous
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

It cracks me up that the judge says he has "piles of" black friends and allows them to use his bathroom. Can we use "pile" as a unit of measure when referring to human beings?
                          Apparently, we can.

Well, for blacks, anyway.

Ooer missus!

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• letsrock
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2007

It cracks me up that the judge says he has "piles of" black friends and allows them to use his bathroom. Can we use "pile" as a unit of measure when referring to human beings?
                            The Nazi's had "piles" of Jews.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

The minister is just your typical backwoods Hillbilly racist. Guess he figures blacks aren't part of "gods" people...

Reverend Dip is a poor excuse for a human being...
                              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by standin
                                That was kinda odd.
                                But hey, I don't let anyone use my bathroom equally, maybe female can. But a guy, even ones I kinda know, they use the other one.

what, you got newspaper on the ground in the garage? or what

Comment

Working...