Peace.
    Awe, c'mon. You know you love me.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2007

Anyone tried this Ancestry.com thing?

Is it some kind of a rip-off?

I did this 15 day trial thing...just to look up my great-grandfather who was killed before my grandmother was born and found some interesting shit, like his draft registration card from 1917. That much was legit.....it was when I dug deeper into the family roots that things seemed a little phony. Anyone else tried it?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
        Anyone tried this Ancestry.com thing?

Is it some kind of a rip-off?

I did this 15 day trial thing...just to look up my great-grandfather who was killed before my grandmother was born and found some interesting shit, like his draft registration card from 1917. That much was legit.....it was when I dug deeper into the family roots that things seemed a little phony. Anyone else tried it?

My parents and a brother are into that stuff. Personally, I don't find it too useful other than being mildly interesting.

I have found out that I'm related to the first guy to get hit by a car and die in Buffalo, NY though.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by chan_bkny
          Oh, please. You can't even rhyme.

I'm more of a prose guy anyways...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            My parents and a brother are into that stuff. Personally, I don't find it too useful other than being mildly interesting.

I have found out that I'm related to the first guy to get hit by a car and die in Buffalo, NY though.
            Once I was into some unfamiliar names, I lost interest myself.

There were a bunch of one-name individuals beginning in the 1830's. People with no last names....not sure what that was all about. That's what made me think it was just a scam.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If it's a genealogy site, more than likely it's a LDS church recruiting tool. Give them your address, and next thing you know, there will be a couple of young dudes in white shirts, ties, and bicycle helmets knocking on your door with Books of Mormon in hand, willing to tell you about Elohim, our Heavenly Father's plan for your life.

And then they'll baptize all your dead relatives by proxy, so you might as well be Mormon yourself, because all your ancestors now are.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...