X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
    Honey, if you're shopping at that end of the wine shelf, Arbor Mist has a far better Pinot Noir than Edwards much-appraised 'Loon'...it's over-rated.
    Last time I drank Arbors 'Noir', I actually woke up next to a chick I didn't regret fucking the night before.

Think about it, and thank me later.......Arbor, baby!!!
    Yep.

There's a reason why Loon is on the BOTTOM shelf in stores.....
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      It is about price...

You can't make good wine and sell it for $9 retail.

Unless you're a vineyard looking to lose money.

Complete bullshit marketed and sold to you by vineyards capitalizing on the "exclusive" angle. It's all marketing dude, and vineyards are just dandy profitable. I know people who own them, it's fucking purple gold...

But again, "I never drink---wine." So maybe I'm not the best to protest...

Some of the biggest douchebags filled with mediocre swill were distilled in France...
      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-28-2010, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You don't distill wine Nick...

I don't know the tax situation in the US but here there is sense in paying a certain amount for wine. The tax on say a $8 bottle of wine might be $4 whereas on an $15 bottle it might only be $5 because there is a fixed tax on alcohol by volume(plus a % sales tax to pay). This means that the first bottle is effectively has $4 spent on it's contents whereas most of the extra money you spend on the more expensive bottle goes on the quality of the wine.

If that all makes sense...

Comment

• ace diamond
          Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          But in the piss-hole of said Riverside....
          no.
          it's actually pretty nice.
          very quiet here.
          close to uc riverside.
          Originally posted by hideyoursheep
          When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
          "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            You don't distill wine Nick...
            I never said it was.

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ace diamond
              no.
              very quiet here.
              close to uc riverside.
              Sure it is......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1bEG2AMaM7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1bEG2AMaM7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• hambon4lif
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ace diamond
                no.
                very quiet here.
                close to uc riverside.
                ....just because you live on the other side of the wash doesn't make you averse of the people I was describing. In fact, judging by your posts, you're exactly the kind of person I was describing.

You've willfully given pertinent info on your own family(shame, shame)....why not gimme Blondies digits.?!??
                If you really love her, you'll let her free to someone that can not only see his own pecker, but please her with it as well.......
                It's not exactly a real brain-buster....besides, you've pretty much sold your own family out by giving their personal info out here....so whaddaya say?!

Let Suzie Q. be the judge on whether or not this would be 'trading up' for Blondie or not, but it doesn't look good for you, fatso.

The one thing about throwing your loved ones under a bus (like you have on this board), is that there are wolves like me at the door, and that you'll end up with fucking nothing!

Keep talking shit, light bulb!.....your life will end up in even a more pathetic state than it already is......
                Last edited by hambon4lif; 01-28-2010, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I never get tired of Louis Jardot Burgundy. I actually have a case of it. I've tried a lot of red wines and for me it's the best. Not too sweet, not too dry, and not over oaked. It's a French wine but not really expensive.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Usually when I think of wine drinkers, a vision of yuppie snobs at a fucking wine-tasting "affair" or "do" come to mind.

I prefer red wine when I drink it. I dig Cabernet Savignon. Don't give a fuck what shelf it is from, as I only drink wine once every several years, and even then it is because I am at someone's house and they offer me some.

Not much of a drinker in general, and prefer Crown Royal to anything else as far as alcohol goes.

Comment

• Blackflag
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2006

Complete bullshit marketed and sold to you by vineyards capitalizing on the "exclusive" angle. It's all marketing dude, and vineyards are just dandy profitable. I know people who own them, it's fucking purple gold...
                      William Buckley used to say that he never drank wine that cost more than $10, because it was for suckers. But I'm more of a beer drinker, anyways.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Complete bullshit marketed and sold to you by vineyards capitalizing on the "exclusive" angle. .
                        No, you're talking about boutique labels and such.

Just like there's a reason a Yugo went off the lot for $3K back in the day.

There is a BOTTOM that wines, beers, and distilled alcohol have that is the worst, mass produced swill or "house/well" varieties, and then there is quality.

You can't buy a good quality ale for under $8 in this country, and you can't buy a good, quality gin or vodka for under $15 a fifth.

Sure there is the RARE wine that comes in cheap, and wows the establishment [see the movie Bottle Shock]

But Smoking Loon aint one of them.

Loon is shit swill, that is only marketable because of the name and price point.

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Blackflag
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2006

i.e. poseur.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

The worst wine I ever had was Columbia Crest chardonnay. Horrible! I couldn't drink it and I'm the guy who will swig cheap mezcal with dirt in it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

In Italy and France there aren't really wine snobs. You drink the local vintage usually and it's good. Wine snobbery is the worst in the United States. Go to Chile. They have excellent wines but it's like Italy or France there as well. Nobody cares what the make is or the year. They just buy some and drink it. If it's real shit then something is said but in those places, they just don't make shit. It's all pretty good and reasonably priced.

Comment

• Dan
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Best Wine's In The World Come From New Zealand.
                                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...