• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
    Hell, even I know that. You can't spell Murine without...

Actually is would make 'em go number two as opposed to number one.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Boutique beer is the big thing around here right now - I like Yeasty beers, and when my seasonal favorite got tossed until spring, I tried some of the large bottles from the competitors. 10 bucks a bottle, probably 2 plus glasses, and it was like drinking liquid soap. But as you say, cases and cases of the artsy cool little labels and the clever names. And if I see one more "beer tasting" I'm going to shoot somebody

Oh dear.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
        omg, no.

But I can only guess.

shit man, that's fucked up

reference the movie "Wedding Crashers"

Oh dear.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
          Actually is would make 'em go number two as opposed to number one.
          From what I've experienced, it more often than not doesn't work, at least in beer. Mixed drinks allow you to hide the flavor somewhat, yet even so, the effect is minimal. A mildly upset stomach or increased bladder pressure is about it.

A more practical solution would be serum of ipecac. But if you work in a small pub or bar, as bartender there is a good chance that you will wind up cleaning the mess up anyway.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
            Boutique beer is the big thing around here right now - I like Yeasty beers, and when my seasonal favorite got tossed until spring, I tried some of the large bottles from the competitors. 10 bucks a bottle, probably 2 plus glasses, and it was like drinking liquid soap. But as you say, cases and cases of the artsy cool little labels and the clever names. And if I see one more "beer tasting" I'm going to shoot somebody
            Micro Breweries, and their products rule.

The mass produced Coors/Bud/Millers of the world churn out gawd awful swill.

But now even the big guys are trying to cash in with their fake IPA's

Just like with wine, I wont drink mass produced cheap swill.

And YES, I AM a beer "snob"

wtf is wrong with beer tastings?

Great way to sample many, many styles without getting shit faced drunk.
            Originally posted by Kristy
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

From what I've experienced, it more often than not doesn't work, at least in beer. Mixed drinks allow you to hide the flavor somewhat, yet even so, the effect is minimal. A mildly upset stomach or increased bladder pressure is about it.

A more practical solution would be serum of ipecac. But if you work in a small pub or bar, as bartender there is a good chance that you will wind up cleaning the mess up anyway.

The best revenge against shitty tippers was always a good memory.
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• MAX
                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

I don't even know if it works anymore but back in the early 90's we always had a large bottle of Visene behind the bar. I'm guilty as charged for using it a cupla times and I watched the effects almost immediately.

I know it was wrong but I was a dumb kid at the time. I've seen (first hand) stuff that would make you spit up your soup, literally.
                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

I have a relative, an older Italian man, who makes his own wine. I save my old bottles and give them to him and he fills them with his stuff for free.

His wine tastes really good, but would probably fail all the "good wine" tests.

Another cheap jug wine that tastes pretty good is Fortissimo

When I was a little DG, my family passed around giacobazzi lambrusco at the dinner table like it was water.
                  I grew up on that shit.
                  “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

The best revenge against shitty tippers was always a good memory.
                    True. Especially when it's really busy. Those fuckers were like the Saharra cos they were so dry.

It was always "I'll be right with you." Twenty minutes pass, everyone else has been thoroughly taken care of and they're still swilllin' the melted ice cubes from their first cocktail. lol
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Micro Breweries, and their products rule.

wtf is wrong with beer tastings?

Great way to sample many, many styles without getting shit faced drunk.
                      The mentality of wine tasting and beer tasting is different in this way: People chug beer. They don't chug wine. I've never been to a tasting of either one where people DON'T end up shitfaced drunk. And that is the strategy of tastings. Get them stewed enough that they can no longer taste ANYTHING, therefore everything tastes good, and by the end of the day, you're buying cases at a time.

Now, you may live in California where these things are now nicely evolved from decades of experience, but in the great midsection of the country, these ideas are new - and for most, simply an invitation to put on a nice imitation of a beer tent at the fireman's picnic.

Oh dear.

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                        I have a relative, an older Italian man, who makes his own wine. I save my old bottles and give them to him and he fills them with his stuff for free.

His wine tastes really good, but would probably fail all the "good wine" tests.
                        Yeah but one sip prolly sends one over the moon, no?
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                          I don't even know if it works anymore but back in the early 90's we always had a large bottle of Visene behind the bar. I'm guilty as charged for using it a cupla times and I watched the effects almost immediately.

I know it was wrong but I was a dumb kid at the time. I've seen (first hand) stuff that would make you spit up your soup, literally.
                          The manufacturers must have changed the formula in the past few years, as other than making the victim a bit uncomfortable, it does very little today. And, yes the concept is morally reprehensible.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• MAX
                            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                            The mentality of wine tasting and beer tasting is different in this way: People chug beer.
                            Incorrect. Beer has grown up over the past twenty or so years. It's paired with foods just as much as wine.
                            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Ah well I shall just leave all you alcohol experts to continue the thread I started, and never dare to mention the words wine or beer again.

Oh dear.

Comment

• MAX
                                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

The manufacturers must have changed the formula in the past few years, as other than making the victim a bit uncomfortable, it does very little today. And, yes the concept is morally reprehensible.
                                I heard they changed it in the late 90's cos the "trick" was too well known.
                                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Working...