• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    Yep.

Talk about "two-faced" or "backstabbing" sheeesh.

But then again, WTF does it really matter
    It really wouldn't seem to, except some people live for this stuff. I could never understand getting ripped to shreds by people who had no vested interest in the site.

Anyone that gets worked up over that is in serious need of a hobby, or maybe more.

I see you just showing up in this thread runs people off

Good to see you, man. Hope all is well.
    I was hoping that it would cause some fireworks, but I guess it had the opposite effect. lol

Comment

• Jagermeister
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Warham
      The vBulletin license costs $195. Then you have to pay for hosting, which can run anywhere from $5 a month to hundreds or more based on traffic. If you don't design the theme/style yourself, then you would have to pay someone for one, and that can run anywhere from $20 to thousands based on what you want.

Well thanks.

I won't be spending any of my hard earned money to give a bunch of crack potts a place to call each other names.

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
        Well thanks.

I won't be spending any of my hard earned money to give a bunch of crack potts a place to call each other names.
        There's a certain amount of love for people that's required to create a community, even when you know that not everyone is going to be/act normal. When you create a community that's catered to a certain type of person, you can expect to get certain types of results. A forum that caters to pet lovers will most likely not have the same angst and vitriol as a forum that caters to an aging rock 'n roll legend. You don't need to be a rock scientist to really figure it out, though, just a good sense of people is required.

I actually am contemplating starting up another one, but it won't be Roth related, but most likely music related.

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

There's a certain amount of love for people that's required to create a community, even when you know that not everyone is going to be/act normal. When you create a community that's catered to a certain type of person, you can expect to get certain types of results. A forum that caters to pet lovers will most likely not have the same angst and vitriol as a forum that caters to an aging rock 'n roll legend. You don't need to be a rock scientist to really figure it out, though, just a good sense of people is required.

I actually am contemplating starting up another one, but it won't be Roth related, but most likely music related.
          Well count me in. I need some place to waste time while at work.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

The Brian Wilson Army

God Only Knows I'd join.....
            Originally posted by Kristy
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

The Brian Wilson Army

God Only Knows I'd join.....
              I would do that, but there's a couple of great forums already out there. He's popular for a cult hero.

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

I had enemies that I never knew existed after that happened, coming out of the fucking woodwork.
                What got me in all of that was the fact that this was done anonymously through aliases. OK, if you are pissed about how the site is run, or in particular who owns the damned thing, then at least have the common courtesy and balls to come clean as to who you are. In that way, the beef could possibly resolved. I don't know how many times I asked the aliases to man up and state for once and for all who they truly were, but the characters never took me up on my offer.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

rock scientists

Hmm, not a bad new name if you do a rock site.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                    What got me in all of that was the fact that this was done anonymously through aliases. OK, if you are pissed about how the site is run, or in particular who owns the damned thing, then at least have the common courtesy and balls to come clean as to who you are. In that way, the beef could possibly resolved. I don't know how many times I asked the aliases to man up and state for once and for all who they truly were, but the characters never took me up on my offer.
                    The "beefs" were NEVER going to be resolved unless:

I was fired
                    Your were reprimanded
                    Maxi, Dan, and Bob reinstated
                    Warham apologized.

Giving in to terrorists only breed more terrorists. Warham did the rightthing but just saying FUCK YOU ALL then.

But JesusH man, the amount of GRIEF you took was ridiculous. Both on, and OFF the site.

I'd sue for back pay
                    Originally posted by Kristy
                    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                    Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                      Hmm, not a bad new name if you do a rock site.
                      I just checked and it's already taken. You'd be surprised how many names have been gobbled up.

I've been trying to think of something for weeks, but nothing has stuck.

Comment

• Warham
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

The "beefs" were NEVER going to be resolved unless:

I was fired
                        Your were reprimanded
                        Maxi, Dan, and Bob reinstated
                        Warham apologized.
                        I don't even think that would have been enough for some.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Both on, and OFF the site.
                          The thing is, I didn't mind the PMs at the site, as it goes with the territory as a moderator. What got me was when some of these weirdos started contacting me at other sites about issues at RF. I still believe that it was uncalled for behavior.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

I just checked and it's already taken. You'd be surprised how many names have been gobbled up.

I've been trying to think of something for weeks, but nothing has stuck.
                            rock surgeons
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• hambon4lif
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

The vBulletin license costs $195. Then you have to pay for hosting, which can run anywhere from $5 a month to hundreds or more based on traffic. If you don't design the theme/style yourself, then you would have to pay someone for one, and that can run anywhere from $20 to thousands based on what you want.
                              Right On!
                              I'm kicking around the idea of starting up a site dedicated to chicks that rassle! I have to do some more research before I go ahead and make that kind of an investment, but it's guaranteed an audience, and with the lesbian community on the rise, it could very well be a gold mine! They don't necessarily have to be lesbians either....chicks with pent-up aggressions from not getting any dick or whatever, can mix it up with other chicks on my site.

Right now it's tentative, but I'm thinking of calling it hotchicksrasslin.cum.

That would ROCK!!
                              <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0sx-XuizS8c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0sx-XuizS8c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• Northern Girl
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I was hoping that it would cause some fireworks

I know you!

Look, you have your own smilie now:
                                Same ole song and dance...

Comment

Working...