• Show
Clear All
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
    You should try Dave Mustaine's book
    He looks hot in that pic ;-) What's the book like?

When I was about 13 years old, I read Sigmund Freud - The Interpretation of Dreams. So these days I have been watching a show called In Treatment. Amazing show about a psychologist and his patients. That got me inspired to maybe read the book again. So now I've started on that again, it's thick as hell.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Well I'm pretty biased because Megadeth are my favourite band.Some pretty funny stories in there though so you may enjoy it.Dave call's it as he see's it
      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• envy_me
        Swedish Love Pump
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Dec 2010

There are SO many books I wanna read. I even wanna read Sammys book, just to see what the fuss is all about.
        The first book in this book club might be Kafka on the shore. So I've ordered that one. I even ordered Niceville, cause many people like it. And also a book from a swedish author, I can't translate the title, but it's about how women see themselves and the roles they put themselves in. About Madonna/whore syndrome, and that you can be both and not be forced to chose. And how society often puts the blame on women, when it shouldn't have. And also about the blame that we as women put on ourselves.
        Last edited by envy_me; 09-12-2012, 06:21 PM.
        The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          Has anyone read this?

I don't usually read Westerns but I've been reading great things about it.
          The only thing I have read by him was No Country For Old Men. After I read the first third of the book I thought it was great and couldn't wait to read the rest. After the second third I was totally hooked, singing the praises of McCarthy to anyone who would listen, shopping for more of his books and actually a little sad that the pages were flying by so quickly and that I would soon be finished with such a great book............ After I read the ending I thought "What the fuck was THAT lame assed bullshit?" And I haven't read a word by him since. To get to the end of a book that had me up at night anticipating the climactic finalle only to have McCarthy take such a completely random, horseshit way out was appalling. It was like he couldn't think of an ending and just gave up trying after about five minutes, so I am out on old Cormac.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by gbranton
            The only thing I have read by him was No Country For Old Men. After I read the first third of the book I thought it was great and couldn't wait to read the rest. After the second third I was totally hooked, singing the praises of McCarthy to anyone who would listen, shopping for more of his books and actually a little sad that the pages were flying by so quickly and that I would soon be finished with such a great book............ After I read the ending I thought "What the fuck was THAT lame assed bullshit?" And I haven't read a word by him since. To get to the end of a book that had me up at night anticipating the climactic finalle only to have McCarthy take such a completely random, horseshit way out was appalling. It was like he couldn't think of an ending and just gave up trying after about five minutes, so I am out on old Cormac.
            I know it was mentioned earlier but you should check out The Road by him.I really enjoyed it and cried a little at the end

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

I know it was mentioned earlier but you should check out The Road by him.I really enjoyed it and cried a little at the end
              Does the hero get killed by a falling meteorite on the last page, thereby eliminating any possibility of a satisfying conclusion? Hit by a foul ball? Struck by lightning? Step into an open manhole? Maybe get hit by a falling Acme brand anvil?

I cried at the end of No Country... as well, because I had wasted two days of my time and $20.
              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

ha no he does not.It is a strange format though because it has no chapters

Comment

• fourthcoming

The Road......good book, good movie....both kinda sad. I'm reading Ace Frehley: No Regrets now.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I liked Ace's book.The finding his way backstage a concert stories made me laugh

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

I liked Ace's book.The finding his way backstage a concert stories made me laugh
                      I just finished it, I thought it was decent....

Truthfully, I bought it thinking he was gonna really slam Gene and Paul.... He does that a little bit to Gene, but overall he takes the high road, which I suppose is a compliment to him....

Looking forward to Peter's book that is finally coming out soon....

I'm like 4, and soon to be 5 books behind....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I agree about taking the high road.I doubt gene would be as gracious.I didn't know peter had a book coming out though.That could be interesting

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
                            Veteran
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            but overall he takes the high road, which I suppose is a compliment to him....

Looking forward to Peter's book.....

I thought it showed class on Ace's part, much respect for that just like we all respect Dave for not shitting on Ed in Crazy From the Heat. I am looking forward to Peter's book as well.

I say skip straight to At Dawn We Slept, it is a fantastic book, generally regarded as one of the finest ever written on the subject of Pearl Harbor and said to be the basis for the movie "Tora, Tora, Tora". If you like it, check out Russell Spurr's book, "A Glorious Way To Die".

I also want to read Prange's "God's Samurai: Lead Pilot at Pearl Harbor". I have a print hanging in my office that depicts the lead pilot, Ibo Takahashi about to commence the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by gbranton
                              I say skip straight to At Dawn We Slept, it is a fantastic book, generally regarded as one of the finest ever written on the subject of Pearl Harbor and said to be the basis for the movie "Tora, Tora, Tora". If you like it, check out Russell Spurr's book, "A Glorious Way To Die".
                              Yeah man, but it's gonna be a looooooonnnnnnnng read....

Comment

• gbranton
                                Veteran
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                Yeah man, but it's gonna be a looooooonnnnnnnng read....
                                LOL, yeah but totally worth it. By the time you get finished you will feel like you were there.

Comment

Working...