Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

I must confess the bairn badgered me to read the 3 hunger games books ... They wernt bad ,they were just what they were , books for kids ...but they wernt terrible
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• clarathecarrot
      Full Member Status

• May 2010

I always run from a womans house if I see more than one Steven King novel, oh god no, a whole collection!!!..and if there is a effigy or shelf dedicated to Princess Di.

If there is both, I freeze and piss my pants start looking around for a window to dive out of..

That is all I know about books.
      2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• So this is love
        Veteran
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
        I always run from a womans house if I see more than one Steven King novel, oh god no, a whole collection!!!..and if there is a effigy or shelf dedicated to Princess Di.

If there is both, I freeze and piss my pants start looking around for a window to dive out of..

That is all I know about books.

.....but be prepared ......the woman that have those books are crazy whores in bed so enjoy but you need to plan your escape beforehand...lol

...and I think envy_me is old kristy reincarnated
        Last edited by So this is love; 08-03-2012, 10:10 PM.
        Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
          .....but be prepared ......the woman that have those books are crazy whores in bed so enjoy but you need to plan your escape beforehand...lol
          True, I used to have tons of Stephen King books.

Agreed.
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• fourthcoming

That's funny you say that DB.....I haven't seen or read Hunger Games....but every time I saw a preview I kept saying to myself......isn't that basically what The Running Man was all about? The Running Man with the late great Richard Dawson I might add.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
              Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by So this is love

Very true LOL... and add a small but very sexy group of women with, weathered books dogeared coners, very many times read, authorized and/or unauthorized, biographies of serial killers.

It's like your having sex with, Mrs. Satan....lol..
              Last edited by clarathecarrot; 08-04-2012, 12:37 PM.
              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

Speaking of 50 shades of grey. I was maybe gonna read it, but I was talking to a friend last night, she said that it is really, REALLY bad. Writing is really poor, as if it was written by a 14-year old.
                So, I'm gonna skip this one.
                The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• VHscraps
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2009

'Trampled Underfoot: The Power and Excess of Led Zeppelin'.

What can I say ... while it is a page-turner (no pun intended), and delivers new interview material and interesting insights from people who existed within the Zeppelin orbit in the glory days (it is an Oral History - so it is the textual equivalent of talking heads giving first-hand accounts), Barney Hoskyns latest book is another baffling effort.

I am as much interested - for professional reasons - in how writers approach a subject like this, as I am in the subject itself. I have liked many of Barney's books, but Low-side of the Road, his Tom Waits biography of a couple of years ago seems to have been the start of a drop in quality. It was afflicted by the continuous niggling jibes at its subject, because Waits had supposedly barred his confidantes from speaking to the author. This book is beset by numerous repetitions - the tales of baddies like Richard Cole and Peter Grant, or the stinginess of Jimmy Page seem to reappear chapter after chapter without much point - as the point has already been made emphatically - and it is made worse by the fact that there is no sense of chronology, or of these behavioural traits, incidents, being related to specific events. One minute you think the events that are being retold must be happening around '74 or '75, then all of a sudden it is 1977.

All this in a 600-page book. I don't think it is a coincidence that this book and his previous, on Tom Waits, were published by Faber and Faber, whose stock-in-trade as far as writing about music goes, is the 600-page tome.

Who knows, they may have a special deal on paper, or printing that says 'hey, guys, it is cheaper if you just make it over 500 pages', but the books all seem to have one thing in common - the lack an editor.

Gripes aside, you will enjoy it if you are a Zeppelin fan.
                  THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• envy_me
                    Swedish Love Pump
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Dec 2010

Page turner LOL

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

Has anybody read Niceville? Is there a lot of sex in it?

Comment

• Coyote
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Hotel California by Barney Hoskins.

Cool little book about the West Coast music scene circa 1967-1976.
                        The Byrds, Joni Mitchell, CSNY, The Eagles, et al.
                        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Just finished Brad Thor's latest and I have to say I'm disappointed.
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Just re read this bad boy (for about the 30th time)

I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

One of my friends is maybe gonna do a book club and I'm gonna join. I hope this will help me with my frustrating problem of not finishing books that I start to read. I am always extremely enthusiastic in the beginning, but then I lose all interest and it never gets finished. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by envy_me
                                One of my friends is maybe gonna do a book club and I'm gonna join. I hope this will help me with my frustrating problem of not finishing books that I start to read. I am always extremely enthusiastic in the beginning, but then I lose all interest and it never gets finished. We'll see how it goes.

You should try Dave Mustaine's book
                                I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                                Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Working...