X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by gbranton
    LOL, yeah but totally worth it. By the time you get finished you will feel like you were there.
    I'll get through it... Always been intrigued by Pearl Harbor....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Right now, I'm reading "The West" and "Anti-oppressive Social Work Practice". Along with a ton of journal articles on museums and Indigenous peoples. Yup, it's school time again... No more reading for pleasure for me till December.
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
        I liked Ace's book.The finding his way backstage a concert stories made me laugh
        I just saw Ace 2 weeks ago at an outdoor show....I'll make sure to let you know when I post the vids on youtube.

Comment

• envy_me
          Swedish Love Pump
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Dec 2010

What do you guys think about Haruki Murakami? I am thinking of reading a few of his books.
          The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• fourthcoming

I like Hiroki kuroda.....he's having a damn good season for the Yankees.

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

I just read few pages of Niceville. No sex at all. It just seems to be about an older black woman and a skinny, neurotic white woman :-(
              On to the feminist book about horny women.

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

Hahaha oh god, this is so hillarious. I was going on and on about "Niceville" when I see now that it is only called Niceville in my country. Original book title is The Help
                I thought it was strange that nobody here read it

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

Read out the book. It sucked. It wasn't feministic, it was an ego book by author who happends to be a woman. It'll burn nice in the fire place in december :-)

I gave in. I started with 50 shades... I knew that I can't expect much, but I often enjoy relaxing Harlequin-novels. Most of them are better then this book. But I haven't gotten to the sex part yet, I'll probably finish it.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Wow you've only read a chapter then - there's sex on every other page after that.....

Oh dear.

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                      Wow you've only read a chapter then - there's sex on every other page after that.....
                      Yeah, I started last night, before bed. I just feel I need to picture the guy before I get to sex. I tried to visualise Jon Hamm from Mad Men, but I don't know. Didn't feel right.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I read 100% Pure Filth. Now I'm reading the sequel called Even More Filthy.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                          Yeah, I started last night, before bed. I just feel I need to picture the guy before I get to sex. I tried to visualise Jon Hamm from Mad Men, but I don't know. Didn't feel right.
                          What do you have a machine that creates the man you picture in your mind? Hmmm who do I want to fuck tonight?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                            I thought it showed class on Ace's part, much respect for that just like we all respect Dave for not shitting on Ed in Crazy From the Heat. I am looking forward to Peter's book as well.

I say skip straight to At Dawn We Slept, it is a fantastic book, generally regarded as one of the finest ever written on the subject of Pearl Harbor and said to be the basis for the movie "Tora, Tora, Tora". If you like it, check out Russell Spurr's book, "A Glorious Way To Die".

I also want to read Prange's "God's Samurai: Lead Pilot at Pearl Harbor". I have a print hanging in my office that depicts the lead pilot, Ibo Takahashi about to commence the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Ford Island. Even to this day, the pavement has damage from the Japanese planes strafing the air field. I think some of the old hangers are still there.

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              What do you have a machine that creates the man you picture in your mind? Hmmm who do I want to fuck tonight?
                              Haha, I always picture characters when I read a book. And when the book is supposed to turn me on, it's extra important that it's the right character. Since it can't switch once it's there. And sometimes it's just so wrong. In one of my favorite light erotica novells, I pictured one of dads old army buddies, since the writer described the main character exactly like this guy looks. Now his image is stuck in my head every time I read it, I can't do anything about that and it just feels so wrong.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

I'm just trying to not fall asleep waiting for her to get out of the bathroom.

I have no plans or vision for sex. I just roll with it. It's like motorcycling. You just hop on and ride and have no idea where you are going, how far you are going to go, or when you are going to get there.
                                Last edited by Nitro Express; 09-23-2012, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Working...