Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Well at least there is no doubt any more about who actually runs the USA.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
      "Obama" = the guy in charge

"may" = isn't decided one way or the other, but is now a viable option on the table

"drop" = remove the provision from the bill

"Govt. health care" = the govt. run health care public option.

How exactly is the title of the thread mischaracterizing things? Seems like a solid grasp of the subject with only a few choice words.
      It's means that you're portraying the "gov't option" as something far greater and more insidious than it actually was. It was/is little more than a medicare-like option for people who can't afford proper health care or for people with "preexisting conditions" (like you?) that cannot find insurance...

It was a gov't health care "option," not the end all, be all of health care reform.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
        I agree. But Obama picking that as his analogy was a bad choice. That's what happens when he doesn't have a teleprompter with someone elses words for him.
        Yeah. He should of used the military analogy. We pay for a massively, prohibitively expensive systems that we can no longer afford to defend against enemies that have bought up a large portion of the US and sell products in our stores at near subsidized prices. And they don't make any money! (unless maybe you're an oil company)..

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by WACF
          I do not think for profit hospitals are the answer.

What's wrong with profit ??

I also think insurance companies should not have the power to raise rates or cut what is covered in the name of profits.

Should the same apply to your car insurance ??

Where is the incentive to even have an insurance company if there's no profit or competition ??

The free market is based on profit and competition...but the market can't compete with the government because they either misuse tax dollars or print Monolopy money...

Either way, it's not going anywhere. Even Obama knows it now. It's crumbling in front of his telepromtor eyes...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            The free market is based on profit and competition...
            It's also based on collusion and lobbying (otherwise known as legal bribery). And the free market is largely a myth to an extent...

but the market can't compete with the government because they either misuse tax dollars or print Monolopy money...
            Again, with the fundamental ignorance and misinformation. Only select people would be allowed to apply for "gub'erment insurance" just as only the qualified can receive Medicare or VA benefits. In fact, it would have caused real competition and forced down rates rather than a few insurance companies competing to see who can charge the highest rate in particular regional locations. In fact, many medical insurance provisions are fundamentally ANTI-COMPETITION!!! And example would be that though I live in NYS, I can still buy auto-insurance from Tempe, AZ if I want. But I have to pay more exorbitant premiums based in a very narrow geographical location with med insurance..
            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-18-2009, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Well, that needs to change, within the market!

If you want health insurance, sell an SUV, stop the constant home upgrades, eat out less than six times a month and PAY FOR IT!

You're going to anyway if the government takes control...

Freedom is about choices...both good and bad...

We don't need any more government control. We NEED much less...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

The free market is based on profit and competition...:
                How'd that work for Banking and Wall St. lately?

You cant play football without rules, referees, or out of bounds markers, dipshit.

Markets MUST be regulated, or else disaster follows.

Name a successful "free market" today.

Free of regulations and/or government oversight.

WE THE PEOPLE are the government, by the way.
                Originally posted by Kristy
                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Small business, and they're under attack!

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

And I never said no rules, DIPSHIT!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Small business, and they're under attack!
                      That's not a "free market", dipshit.

Come back to the chalkboard when you're ready...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Oh, it's not ??

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

No, dipshit.

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Gibbs insists Obama not backing off public option - Yahoo! News

Gibbs insists Obama not backing off personal option

29 mins ago

WASHINGTON – White House spokesman Robert Gibbs insists the Obama administration has not shifted its goals on health care reform or distanced itself from a government-run public insurance option.

He said in a meeting with reporters Tuesday morning that news stories suggesting that the administration was ready to abandon the public option as it battles to push health care reform through were overblown. The rash of reports began after Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius (seh-BEEL'-yuhs) appeared to signal the president was open to health care cooperatives as an alternative.

Gibbs said there was no intention to indicate a change in policy. He said, "If it was a signal, it was a dog whistle we started blowing weeks ago."

...so, like I said...we'll see what happens...
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                              How'd that work for Banking and Wall St. lately?

You cant play football without rules, referees, or out of bounds markers, dipshit.

Markets MUST be regulated, or else disaster follows.

Name a successful "free market" today.

Free of regulations and/or government oversight.

WE THE PEOPLE are the government, by the way.
                              I majored in international finance and we often would get into class discussions about this. If you let the free market run with no regulation the successful people eventually become a monopoly and then a tiranny. If you have too much regulation you run into a Soviet Union type situation that goes broke in the end.

The problem we are running into now is nobody trusts big corporations or the govt. Both are riddled with corruption and they seem to be merging. How can one regulate the other when they share interests? Sadly presidential candidates that have any chance of winning are marketed like Budweiser or Coke. A big marketing budget is needed to get the votes. Then you look at investment banks Goldman Sachs and they have had insider ties with Washington DC for years.

I really think there is a Wall Street/Corporate oligarchy that pulls more and more strings in Washington. They play the Republicans and Democrats off each other. Bush sold war and used terrorism as an excuse to run over our Constitutional rights. Obama and Bush have given trillions of tax dollars to bankers while they jack the fees and interest on the little guy up. War seems to continue with both parties and the military contractors do well.

The govt. seems to reward the corporations, the banks, the military contractors no matter who is in charge. Maybe the above are and people are thinking that more and more. The bailout has pissed people off and they are saying enough is enough. People no longer trust their govt. or corporate America to fix shit.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

I watched Obama sell the plan in Montana. He contradicted himself. First he said the plan was to give the private insurance companies competition. Then he said the federal plan would allow an individual to pool in with more people and get a better rate. Now he was just thinking on his feet and it was obvious Obama didn't even know what the plan really was.

Then when he was asked how this was to be paid for he had no specifics on that whatsoever. In other words, let's hard sell the plan, pass the legislation, and then we have the power to refine the details at the govt. agency level. They just want the power. Period. There is no real plan. They are just trying to get more power due to the fact they got the bankers bailout so easy so they are going to try and get more easy.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...