Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DQSHPMZhcl4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DQSHPMZhcl4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Comment

• Blackflag
      Banned
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ELVIS
      If it's regulated or suported by government, it should be on the state level, not federal...
      I have no problem with the states developing health care solutions. In fact, it just means more competition to which which type of solution works and which doesn't. For the federal government to get involved is just a power grab - see other thread on pharmaceutical company deals.

Comment

• standin
        Veteran
        • Apr 2009

Then quit going to f/n wars and invest in the the people of the USA.

If those are the sorts you associate with, Elvis. You are those sorts.

P.s. Elvis. Total lie of a headline for that clip.
        To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
        MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

The show was much longer than three minutes...

I saw it...

Jindal shut Larry King down at every opportunity..

Comment

• Guitar Shark
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

I'm not interested in watching the video, but couldn't a potted plant own Larry King?
            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The state "co-ops" will not work, because the risk pool would be too small to compete with corporate insurance. Blue Cross, in fact, actually started out as a co-op. They evolved into a corporate insurance company exactly because they could not compete otherwise.

Only a national risk pool with lower admin costs and no obligation to shareholders and executive greed can compete with the insurance industry thieves.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• standin
                Veteran
                • Apr 2009

Jindal shut Larry King down at every opportunity..
                That is simply a fraudulent statement, Greg.
                To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                  I'm not interested in watching the video, but couldn't a potted plant own Larry King?
                  True...

Comment

• Blackflag
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by FORD
                    the risk pool would be too small to compete with corporate insurance.
                    There are 30M+ people in california, 20M+ in New York...and isn't BCBS currently broken up by state?

There is no support for your statement.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by bueno bob
                      There's a treasure trove of YouTube videos that clearly state otherwise...well, if his eight years as President isn't enough proof for you.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Bush wasn't a bumbling idiot, no more than Obama is a bumbling telepromptor reader...
                        I really don't understand this fascination with the teleprompter....

Are you saying there was a president in recent memory that DIDN'T use it ??
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

I'm probably just not paying close enough attention, but if the "Public Option" eventually gets dropped, then just what is left to reform, and how do the 50 million uninsured get healthcare ??
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

That is indeed the question. And the likely answer is mandatory corporate insurance like they have in Massachusetts. As if that's going to be much help to the unemployed or underemployed who can't afford insurance NOW?
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

What is "underemployed" ??

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

What is "underemployed" ??
                                Someone whose living wage job was outsourced to India and is now working at Wal Mart or some other low paying job without benefits. Or someone with a college degree who can't get a job in their field (also because of outsourcing, more than likely)
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...