Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hambon4lif
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Whatcha gonna do now, Love? Break out your 20-sided-dice from your Dungeons And Dragons game to decide my fate?

.....fuckin' moron!!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Codfish
      Actually, what's "typical" is your ignorance! Under AZ or Federal law, AZ cops had the right to check immigration status of anyone accused of a crime before this law came about. This law is nothing more than legalized racial profiling concealed under bullshit semantics and niceties...
      And previous rulings have upheld the Fed gov'ts jurisdiction to control immigration law. They've been expanding the Border Patrol as much as they can and have put up as many barriers as feasible and economically viable. So, local police in AZ are now going to stop the tide with a fraction of the Feds budget? Oh, okay! Great planning!

Fucking please! And I love how it's now the Mexicans' fault they have massive drug cartels fucking up their country and overflowing into ours. Last time I checked, it's their coke being created by the demand of Americans snorting that shit into their septums. Blame the Mexicans cartels (and actually, the poor innocents caught in the crossfire) all you want, but:

American money is funding the violence, and guns purchased in the U.S. and hauled south of the border is massively increasing the lethality of the violence...

But people are simpletons, and think they can blame their way out of a crisis and act like tough guys. It ain't working, kids...
      I have no problem with that. If the goal is to find illegal Mexicans you have to look for Mexicans. I actually wish they would profile Muslims also.

Comment

• Dr. Love
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
        Whatcha gonna do now, Love? Break out your 20-sided-dice from your Dungeons And Dragons game to decide my fate?

.....fuckin' moron!!!
        Hambon trying his hand at flaming? How cute. Must be amateur night at the RA.
        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

(CNN) -- The U.S. Department of Justice filed a lawsuit Tuesday seeking an injunction to stop Arizona's tough new immigration law from taking effect later this month.

The law, signed by Gov. Jan Brewer in April, requires police to question people about their status if they have been detained for another reason and if there's reason to suspect they're in the United States illegally. It also targets those who hire illegal immigrant laborers or knowingly transport them.

Here are five key questions about the lawsuit.

Q: What's the Obama administration's argument against the Arizona immigration law?

A: While most of the criticism of the law has been that it could encourage racial profiling, the administration's challenge is based on the so-called supremacy clause of the U.S. Constitution -- that when state and federal laws conflict, federal law is supreme.

In this case, the administration is saying that anything that relates to foreign policy or relations with other countries is strictly the province of the federal government and that Arizona's law interferes with a federal function.

"In our constitutional system, the power to regulate immigration is exclusively vested in the federal government," the Justice Department brief said. "The immigration framework set forth by Congress and administered by federal agencies reflects a careful and considered balance of national law enforcement, foreign relations, and humanitarian concerns -- concerns that belong to the nation as a whole, not a single state."

Q: What do proponents of the law say?

A: That the federal government isn't doing enough to secure the borders and tackle an issue they say is plaguing the state's economy and safety.

Brewer, a Republican, said that the Arizona law was designed "to complement, not supplant, enforcement of federal immigration laws,

She said it was "wrong" that the federal government is suing the people of Arizona for helping to enforce federal immigration law, adding: "Today's filing is nothing more than a massive waste of taxpayer funds. These funds could be better used against the violent Mexican cartels than the people of Arizona."

Arizona state Sen. Russell Pearce, a Republican who sponsored the state's law, blasted the lawsuit, telling CNN that the Obama administration has "no leg to stand on."

Q: What happens next?

A: A federal judge is likely to take up the issue as soon as next week, reports indicate.

CNN Senior Legal Analyst Jeffrey Toobin said the lawsuit is most likely headed up the appeals court chain.

"I think this will go to the district court in Arizona first, but it is likely to be appealed to the circuit court of appeals and very likely to the U.S. Supreme Court," he said.

Brewer said she would fight the government lawsuit with the help of a legal defense fund.

Q: What do Americans think about the law?

A: According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll conducted in May, 57 percent of the public favored the measure, with 37 percent opposed.
          Since then, national polls by Quinnipiac University (51-31 percent in favor), ABC News/Washington Post (58-41 percent in favor) and Fox News/Opinion Dynamics (52-27 percent in favor) also indicate that a majority back the new law.

Most of the surveys also indicate that a vast majority want border security beefed up, and that most Americans also favor giving illegal immigrants now living in the U.S. the right to live here legally if they pay a fine and meet other requirements. When asked which issue is most important, a majority of voters say border security trumps immigration reform as the top priority for the federal government.

Q: What's the outlook for federal immigration reform legislation?

A: Several senior Democratic sources said last week they see virtually no chance of Congress taking up such a measure before November's midterm elections.

Still, the sources said it was politically crucial for the president to put pressure on Republicans and reassure angry Latino voters that Democrats haven't forgotten about this issue.

Immigration is not necessarily a make-it-or-break-it issue for the influential voting bloc. A Pew study released in 2008 indicated that Latinos placed immigration second to last on a list of seven policy priorities. The economy, education and health care were ranked as more important.

But in the months since Arizona passed its immigration law, more recent surveys have indicated that the issue has risen to the top for Latinos. A survey commissioned by the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials indicates that the immigration debate has made Latinos more likely to vote in November.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

This law was absolutely necessary. The Federal government is completely dragging their feet on this issue. The People Of The United States need to take action, if the Federal government refuses to do so.

As the Feds ARE refusing to do anything substantial, it could be said they are actively endangering national security.

This is not JUST the Mobama administration. The treasonous assholes of the Chimpy administration are just as guilty if not moreso. 9/11 happened on THEIR watch, Chimpy actually stated publicly that our borders need to be secured.....and what happened?

NOTHING!

In fact, so much nothing that American Citizens began going to the border to do what the Feds would not - ACTUALLY TRY TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              This law was absolutely necessary. The Federal government is completely dragging their feet on this issue. The People Of The United States need to take action, if the Federal government refuses to do so.

As the Feds ARE refusing to do anything substantial, it could be said they are actively endangering national security.

This is not JUST the Mobama administration. The treasonous assholes of the Chimpy administration are just as guilty if not moreso. 9/11 happened on THEIR watch, Chimpy actually stated publicly that our borders need to be secured.....and what happened?

NOTHING!

In fact, so much nothing that American Citizens began going to the border to do what the Feds would not - ACTUALLY TRY TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.
              The first thing that I actually start asking, whenever something doesn't get accomplished that should be accomplished, is - who has something to gain from it not happening?
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                Q: What do Americans think about the law?

A: According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll conducted in May, 57 percent of the public favored the measure, with 37 percent opposed.
                Since then, national polls by Quinnipiac University (51-31 percent in favor), ABC News/Washington Post (58-41 percent in favor) and Fox News/Opinion Dynamics (52-27 percent in favor) also indicate that a majority back the new law.
                Millions of teenagers think Twilight is cool, too. Doesn't necessarily mean they're right, though.
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by bueno bob
                  Millions of teenagers think Twilight is cool, too. Doesn't necessarily mean they're right, though.
                  I'm sure they would have polled some Mecians if they could have found any that spoke fuckin english.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bueno bob
                    they simply don't agree with your point of view, not really "right" or "wrong".
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                      "If we secure the border, then you all won't have a reason to vote for Comprehensive Immigration Reform"-Barack Obama

....now that came out of the mouth of your own GOD!
                      I don't have a god, dummy...

And let's define "securing the border," because it can't be done without destroying the economy....

I'm not a Retardlican, and I'm not a Dumbasscrat either....I think it's a two-headed beast of the same creature that needs to be fucking destroyed and spare every American the goddamn WWE drama...it's all fake-ass bullshit, and they completely underestimate the intelligence of your average American.....it's enough already!

The way you motherfuckers roll.....is just non-stop comedy! It doesn't matter whether it's the oil spill to conveniently slip your cap-and-trade shit into, Immigration, or even Unemployment......there's always some extra shit slipped into the bill that has to be accepted as a package-deal, or not at all. A crisis is NOT an opportunity, fuckholes!!!
                      I hate the fucking Retardlicans, I really do, but I hate you motherfuckers just as much.......you Dumbasscrats are all greasier than a fuckin' bucket of chicken wings.

No one issue can be dealt with head-to-head....not even ones as important as Illegal Immigration....and you won't get a straight answer, let alone a solution, to it either. It's always some other administrations fucking fault.....when the truth of the matter is that the government just sat on the ball for far too long.
                      The state of Arizona got fed up waiting for an answer, and made a move on their own.....GOOD FOR THEM! And if you don't like it, then FUCK YOU....at least somebody made a move toward "change" instead of yakking out of their ass about it.

Like it was stated earlier in this thread......if you're not breaking the law, then what the fuck are you worried about?
                      You rabble rouser you! Okay, nice argument with the last sentence, Josef Goebbels couldn't have made a more persuasive argument...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        I don't have a god, dummy...
                        That's what you might think...

Dummy...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          That's what you might think...

Dummy...
                          If there is a God, I'm pretty sure he thinks you're an asshole, dummy...

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Maybe God is into assholes and listens to the Scissor Sisters.....
                            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              I don't have a god, dummy..

But you CAN! Yes, yes you can!

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Today I was carded at the gas station for smokes because "I appeared" under 30. So it's okay for some kid to require my ID because I appear a certain way but not okay for a police officer, in the process of a legal stop, to require someones ID?
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...