X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacksmar
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

LETTER: Require signs warning of homes with guns

It is more than 18 months since the Newtown, Connecticut, school was preyed upon by a deranged individual who killed 20 innocent beautiful children and six adults.

Since Newtown, there have been numerous mass killings by a deranged person who then committed suicide. These deranged persons are sane enough that they know where to get guns and use them for massacres.

There should be a law requiring every household with a gun (no matter what kind) to post a sign in a window or on the front lawn warning that there are firearms in that home. We post signs for security, letting thieves know there is an alarm and cameras there if they attempt a break-in.

The biggest reason for this advertisement is to let a neighbor know there are guns next door. If a neighbor knows this, then they wouldn’t let a 6-year-old play with a 4-year-old, who can take an unattended gun by mistake and kill another child. This has happened before.

The owner of the home where the gun is kept should, by law, be held responsible for any horrific happenings with the firearm.

If homeowners have to reveal they have a firearm, they would be more responsible and would secure the firearm in a safe place, and not leave it to a deranged person in the home.

The school in Newtown has been torn down and plans have been made to build a new $50 million school. A sign would only cost a few dollars.

Frank DiGirolamo

Point Pleasant

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have sign inside my garage that reads quite simply:

WARNING:
    IF FOUND HERE AT NIGHT, YOU WILL BE FOUND HERE IN THE MORNING.
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Lock up your guns!

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        Nobody here is going to burn a cross on someone's lawn or cheer if a group of minorities get sent to camps.
        I might, but it depends on the minority!

Originally posted by jacksmar
        http://www.app.com/story/opinion/rea...guns/11371397/

LETTER: Require signs warning of homes with guns

There should be a law requiring every household with a gun (no matter what kind) to post a sign in a window or on the front lawn warning that there are firearms in that home. We post signs for security, letting thieves know there is an alarm and cameras there if they attempt a break-in.

The biggest reason for this advertisement is to let a neighbor know there are guns next door. If a neighbor knows this, then they wouldn’t let a 6-year-old play with a 4-year-old, who can take an unattended gun by mistake and kill another child. This has happened before.

The owner of the home where the gun is kept should, by law, be held responsible for any horrific happenings with the firearm.

If homeowners have to reveal they have a firearm, they would be more responsible and would secure the firearm in a safe place, and not leave it to a deranged person in the home.
        I think it would be easier to label the mental patients. Maybe tattoo "MENTAL" across their foreheads. Oh wait, the kooks can't be singled out, because they may get offended. "Don't treat me like I'm different!" they'd say. Well, you ARE fucking different.

The firearm didn't kill people, the nutjob did. Make the mentally unstable register with the local sheriff, like the pedos do. I want to know which of my neighbors is crazy before I see them shitting in their driveway.

Start labeling houses with guns, and guess what houses get broken into? That guy thinks illegal guns are a problem now, wait until hundreds are stolen. And if someone has illegal guns, you really think they're going to adhere to a law that says they have to post that they have a gun in the house? I'd rather see a ban on stupid letters to the editor.

The only thing I agree with in that letter is this: "The owner of the home where the gun is kept should, by law, be held responsible for any horrific happenings with the firearm." Well, duh.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
          Lock up your guns!
          Fuck you.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
            Fuck you.
            Don't listen to Von. He's just trying to divert your attention from me.
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              Lock up your guns!
              More confirmation society is circling the drain.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                I might, but it depends on the minority!
                Selective racism still makes you an asshole.

I think it would be easier to label the mental patients.
                Same can be said for gunnuts with little dicks who walk into restaurants with their penis extenders.

Maybe tattoo "MENTAL" across their foreheads. Oh wait, the kooks can't be singled out, because they may get offended. "Don't treat me like I'm different!" they'd say. Well, you ARE fucking different.
                Actually, I'm all for this. For it would involve over 80% of the NRA.

The firearm didn't kill people, the nutjob did.
                No I'm pretty sure a nutjob with a firearm did.

Make the mentally unstable register with the local sheriff, like the pedos do. I want to know which of my neighbors is crazy before I see them shitting in their driveway.
                Again, over 80% of the NRA kooks. Good idea.

Start labeling houses with guns, and guess what houses get broken into? That guy thinks illegal guns are a problem now, wait until hundreds are stolen. And if someone has illegal guns, you really think they're going to adhere to a law that says they have to post that they have a gun in the house? I'd rather see a ban on stupid letters to the editor.
                Why stop there? Why not label houses that say "Jew" or "Muslim" or "Wiccian"?? Nazi Germany once did...oh wait, gun nuts only revise history never learn it.

The only thing I agree with in that letter is this: "The owner of the home where the gun is kept should, by law, be held responsible for any horrific happenings with the firearm." Well, duh.
                I think the LAW should be involved like when one uses the gun to terrify a spouse or child or is so fucking stupid to comprehend how dangerous a loaded firearm can be when it comes to others who are non-threatening. In other words, if you think owning a gun is a "toy" and you point at someone innocently, then you lose your right to ever be in possession of one ever again.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  Then they put them on the same medication Krusty is on and they turn angry...
                  I was talking to a friend who is a police officer and he said they had to talk a naked woman off the roof of her home and it turned out her antidepressant medication is why she was so whacked. This was in Utah. The US takes a ton of anti-depressants and Utah takes six times the national average. So if you are going to see crazy shit due to medication it's going to be Utah where you see it. Most people probably need to get off the shit and just have a good two weeks in Hawaii. That's probably what they really need and it would be cheaper than their pharmaceutical bill.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

kristy, why are you still here?........oh yeasss, i remember, you have tits............

kristy, show us your favorite tit shot..... selfie preferred, but not required..................

oh yes, and and to answer your gay question.............just take me up on my offer to come to the beach.........mmmmmmmmmm Hawaiian tropic tits....
                    Closet Homosexual

A person who is either A: Someone who is gay or bisexual and afraid to show it in public or B: Gay and tries to hide it by calling other people gay to seem 'cool' (straight).

A: Ben had always been a closet homosexual, but was afraid to tell anyone close to him.

B: Closet homosexual who is being crushed by the notion that being gay is bad: Dude, your so gay. Stop being gay, you fag.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

kristy, why are you still here?........oh yeasss, i remember, you have tits............

kristy, show us your favorite tit shot..... selfie preferred, but not required..................

oh yes, and and to answer your gay question.............just take me up on my offer to come to the beach.........mmmmmmmmmm Hawaiian tropic tits....
                      The girl is essentially there to feed the gay man’s narcissism and ego, which is already overflowing, and the gay guy will give her some form of male attention in return.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

When you're talking to nick .. you're talking to a school teacher..........

A 2008 study led by Georgia State University economist Benjamin Scafidi found that single mothers — unwed or divorced — cost the US taxpayer $112 billion every year.

Look closely for Hitler or Marx.....................
                        It's a no brainer. If you want to take a nation down you don't bother with taking their military on. You focus on their family structure and destroy that. The rest will fall like dominos. Then you can use the government assets for your own purposes. It takes a few decades but it's a sure win.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Why stop there? Why not label houses that say "Jew" or "Muslim" or "Wiccian"?? Nazi Germany once did...
                          Oh I fucking hate those morons who think they're "Wiccans". They all drive around with all those dumb ass stickers all over the backs of their cars, like that one that says "Get A Taste Of Religion - Lick A Witch". And inevitably, when I pull past em it's always some ugly, fat fucking bitch who nobody in their right mind would lick. If they're so fucking powerful, how come they can't cast a spell on the local Chevy dealer and get a decent fucking car??

Wiccans...buncha ugly, fat bitches running around in the woods playing Vampire or whatever the hell it is.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            If they're so fucking powerful, how come they can't cast a spell on the local Chevy dealer and get a decent fucking car??
                            Like a 2014 Malibu?

Sexy.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Like a 2014 Malibu?

Sexy.
                              Especially if you're driving! Hello boner!

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

That's not a Malibu, that's an SS. V8, RWD, pretty much the old Pontiac G8 GT.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...