X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lms2
    Rikk. Just go with it. Thats what keeps us coming back again and again. That anger. That need to respond. People who feel differently than you are what make life worth living. If you cannot objectively question your values, and come out believing stronger than you did before. You have nothing worth valuing.

My problem is no matter which side you are on, I will argue with you, and if/when I finally convince you I am right, I switch sides. At least you know what you believe in.

F*ck Bush and Kerry, Vote ROTH.
    Great points! Debate should teach you something. Of course, I'll never believe that Sammy Hagar should be Van Halen's lead singer and I'll never believe George Bush should be President.

You're right...differences of opinion make life interesting.

Oh, and a vote from me!
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Oh...I already gave you a high vote. Well...there! Turns out I was right!
      Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• lms2

Sorry, I would vote for you, but we exchanged votes some time ago.

If Hagar had never joined Van Halen, the world would never know how important David Lee Roth really was in that band.

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lms2
          Sorry, I would vote for you, but we exchanged votes some time ago.

If Hagar had never joined Van Halen, the world would never know how important David Lee Roth really was in that band.
          Maybe...but we'd have maybe six or seven more amazing albums. It would be the 13-pack instead of the 6-pack!
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• lms2

Never give up hope. Still could be, and then the six pack will be worth way more.

Besides, even without Hagar, the band was taking a turn for the worse. Everything happens for a reason.

I guess we could always send Spammy to Iraq. Worse than a nuclear weapon... (long slow agonizing death)

Comment

• MAX
              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
              FUCK YOU MAN!!!!!!!!! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I almost forgot, Kerry in 2004!!!
              LMAO!!! That Hogan smiley is gay BTW!!!! lol Dude, all is cool, it will always be and that is EXACTLY why I will not debate politically. What is the point? You will never change my mind nor would I change yours. However, a lot of people just enjoy the debating and more power to them.

Kerry is a fag though....... :p
              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Cathedral
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Here's an idea for you "This War is Bullshit" thinkers.
                Find a soldier you can respect and tell them that, then sit down and get ready to be educated beyond the politicians point of view.

If you want the truth, go to THE source and avoid the watered down, modified and homoginized view points of the sub-sources.

Avoid the soldiers who signed up just for college money and got shipped out. they lied to themselves at the recruiters so they'll probably lie to you about their experiences.

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                  Here's an idea for you "This War is Bullshit" thinkers.
                  Find a soldier you can respect and tell them that, then sit down and get ready to be educated beyond the politicians point of view.

If you want the truth, go to THE source and avoid the watered down, modified and homoginized view points of the sub-sources.

Avoid the soldiers who signed up just for college money and got shipped out. they lied to themselves at the recruiters so they'll probably lie to you about their experiences.
                  Been there done that.. if you can find one of the poor lads on leave and not over extended tours. My life doesn't revolve around brainwashed "kids" in uniform who needed jobs and college money. (sic)

The best soldier's comment I've heard was live over the TV from Iraq the day so-called governing was turned over to the hand picked U.S. puppet government.. again.

The reporter, a female American with CBS, was asking a full metal jacket GI kid questions while walking a street in 110 degree heat. She was asking him if there were any changes he could notice that day.

The young, and tired, and brave, and.. he's one of our best.. he said, "Yes, there is a slight different today. Only yesterday we couldn't walk down this street, but today most people are out in the streets with the news and they are leaving us alone and we can walk down this street we're walking on right now."

Then in a split second and in the last 3 seconds of the clip he said, "But we shouldn't even be here."

That "kid" was a man. He probably turned into a man in Iraq and he now has a man's opinion that made the "Wag The Dog" media editing.

Wait until THOSE "kids" show up back at home. The country's going to get an ear full. That "kid" MAN saw his buddies killed and innocent civilians killed and a rebuilding that profits Bush and his cronies. He's not going to need any message board to get his opinion. He's already speaking his mind and it's not the White House lie.

Most of the "kids" and even 30 year olds in the military are in a "need to know" operation. They couldn't be counted on for a balanced opinion unless, like this young many who added onto the CBS reporter's questioning, "..we shouldn't even be here," they've become independent thinking "men" over there.

They, our troops, already know "it's bullshit." I have a neighbor, a young boy, a man, with two kids about 3-4, beautiful kids, he's serving in Iraq. He's been home once, had a few BBQ's, a camping trip, and shipped right back out to Iraq. His children haven't seen him for over a year day-to-day. And these kids are beautiful. You can see this family's sacrifice. You can watch the news and see sacrifice on both sides in Iraq.

The war in Iraq has nothing to do with bin Laden and 9/11 except that it is an excuse to bring more American bases to the Middle East after Kuwait and further the one world government plan of the globalists with U.S. blood and money. Of couse, the truth is it's the globalist's money and our troops are their "toy" soldiers. That's the way they see it.

However, Americans aren't that foolish after Vietnam. There will be marching in the streets at first over the truth of what I just said, but soon the demonstrations will turn into a shooting war this time around.

The marching was done against them in the '60's. It won't be repeated again. This time it's going to quickly escalate to a shooting war to see who will govern this country (i.e., the world) and what they call their beloved German bloodline "homeland."

Add another mass casualty terror act in the U.S. like 9/11 or worse and you've got a civil war right on your hands overnight.

Are you prepared?

P
                  Last edited by Phil theStalker; 08-25-2004, 07:37 AM.
                  Add to Ignore list

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                    LOL! I responded to your rant...I think it's hilarious that your defense of the government's behavior is that America is not a democracy. What the hell kind of defense is that? That doesn't make any actions that weren't justified suddenly be excusable.

I point out facts. You whine and group any complainers in as "liberals", which is something I've never called myself anyway. It's hilarious...the only thing you keep spouting in this forum, Ashcroft (the only forum you ever seem to be in, considering this is a David Lee Roth forum), is that there is something wrong with questioning your government or questioning a war is insulting the soldiers. No. To question a war is to make sure it's in the best interests of the world, the country invading and the soldiers who are doing the actual dirty work. If someone questions a war (e.g. Vietnam) and we discover there was no real reason for it to happen, then the soldiers are the ones that are vindicated (although if the questioning happens posthumously, then what are you going to say to dead soldiers?). Obviously you don't understand what democracy is. And your only defense to that is that America isn't a democracy.

Well, I'd love to see your pal George Bush declare in a speech tomorrow that America is not a democracy...I think it would pretty much sink any chance he has left of winning. And there would be a giant uproar. Declaring that it's okay because we are not living in a democracy is a pretty sad argument, and it doesn't make you look good.

Democracy, anyway, is an idealogical notion...it's not a reality because you always need government. But America prides itself on being hte land of the free...and freedom includes questioning your government. If you can't do that, then you might as well live in a dictatorship. And what I also find amusing is your giant use of the word (or accusation) "liberal"...or how about "left"? Well, funny enough...do you know that the traditional definition of a leftist person is someone that actually thinks government should have a greater role in our lives? A true right-winger thinks government power should be diminished. So next time you accuse someone of being a "leftist" or "liberal" because they demand that we should question the government, I think you should realize the contradiction. Freedom of speech and democracy (yeah yeah, America isn't a democracy...whatever) are about looking at issues and deciding what's best for the country...not taking sides and making enemies.

Have a nice day.
                    Ah, missed the point entirely... You threw down with the premise that I don't understand democracy, I simply corrected your misconception of what type of system the United States is. I assigned no other meaning to "Republic" vs. "Democracy". You simply are using typical liberal smear tactics by assigning meaning to my statements that does not exist.

It won't work.

However, I'll talk in smaller words so you can understand what I was trying to say (so you won't make the mistake of assigning imaginary meaning to my statements again).

You went on a rant claiming Republicans are trying to destroy democracy. The whole base of the rant is simply flawed. I didn't even attempt to counter your charge because we can't get there until you understand just what the fuck you're talking about (clearly you don't). It's important for you to understand our system correctly before you can come here and claim to be it's savior. Or even come here to claim a group of Americans are trying to destroy it. So, I'm simply asking "destroy what"? You see, you don't even know what us Conservatives are "trying to destroy". You apparently don't have the slightest notion of how our system works. It's apparent by your claims of being the defender of democracy.

Once again, our nation is a Republic, not a democracy (say the pledge if you remember it, it's in there). Do you know the difference? And if you don't, no worries. There are plenty of people here that can educate you. Once properly educated, we can continue debate on the merits of any given policy (including the war).

Oh, and BTW, don't worry your little self about where and when I post. You're adding absolutely no merit to yourself with your little observation (although once again, typical behavior from people like you. If you can't win in the arena of ideas, attempt to discredit your opponent).

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                      Ah, missed the point entirely... You threw down with the premise that I don't understand democracy, I simply corrected your misconception of what type of system the United States is. I assigned no other meaning to "Republic" vs. "Democracy". You simply are using typical liberal smear tactics by assigning meaning to my statements that does not exist.

It won't work.

However, I'll talk in smaller words so you can understand what I was trying to say (so you won't make the mistake of assigning imaginary meaning to my statements again).

You went on a rant claiming Republicans are trying to destroy democracy. The whole base of the rant is simply flawed. I didn't even attempt to counter your charge because we can't get there until you understand just what the fuck you're talking about (clearly you don't). It's important for you to understand our system correctly before you can come here and claim to be it's savior. Or even come here to claim a group of Americans are trying to destroy it. So, I'm simply asking "destroy what"? You see, you don't even know what us Conservatives are "trying to destroy". You apparently don't have the slightest notion of how our system works. It's apparent by your claims of being the defender of democracy.

Once again, our nation is a Republic, not a democracy (say the pledge if you remember it, it's in there). Do you know the difference? And if you don't, no worries. There are plenty of people here that can educate you. Once properly educated, we can continue debate on the merits of any given policy (including the war).

Oh, and BTW, don't worry your little self about where and when I post. You're adding absolutely no merit to yourself with your little observation (although once again, typical behavior from people like you. If you can't win in the arena of ideas, attempt to discredit your opponent).
                      I've said it before, I'll say it again. You are a true fucking idiot. You do not know how to read. "Republicans are trying to destroy democracy"? Interesting. Where was that contrived from? And now I'm the defender of democracy? And don't talk down to me about being educated, dumbass. University-educated, thank you very much. You, on the other hand, care so much about politics that you spend all your pathetic time talking politics (and politics only) at a freaking music site. Sad.

Don't tell me when I can debate. I will debate when I want to. In fact, I am debating with people here...but not you. You are ignoring almost every point I post. And you are repeating yourself over and over again..."We are a Republic." Very good. What does this prove? Does this somehow discount the idea that people should be allowed to question their government in the United States? For the third time you avoid the point. And because you are an egotistical idiot that doesn't understand that saying something over and over again does not make an argument. Arguing with you is like trying to put out a forest fire by pissing on it. It's a hopeless exercise. I feel like I'm watching a fish flop around in a boat, trying to survive. You cite your few "facts", say the same things over and over again and then get insulting with everybody that jumps in here. Here's "John Ashcroft" at the David Lee Roth site, talking about how this country is a Republic and how all "liberals" are trying to destroy the Republicans. Yawn. Make an argument. It's all you have to do. You have the debating skills of a five-year-old. Maybe, if you actually analyze posts, you'll realize it's not all one big conspiracy and that people are actually just trying to make sure their government is doing the right thing. Maybe your way of dealing with such insolence is to insult people...but many people like to just question their government. It kinda goes hand-in-hand with that voting thing you don't seem to be too fond of either.

Is this really the Democrats vs. the Republicans? Well, this November it is. For me, it's a group of politicians versus another group of politicians. John Kerry doesn't hold all my answers...but he certainly isn't George Bush. It's about the party and the groups he represents. But if you want to talk integrity, I still think it's hilarious that you have a dumbass President that went AWOL questioning the integrity of another man that actually fought. But that's just media bullshit. If you think one party holds all your answers, then continue being a groupie. I could give a shit about your Republican party. You've read things into my statements without them actually being said (you really seem to be filled with a lot of hatred, "Ashcroft"...BTW, get your own idea...you are NOT John Ashcroft). I do think overall more harm is done to the economy by the so-called "right-wing" Republicans. Well, this President has been a bigger spender than the last one. He's pushed for greater government involvement in personal freedoms. How the hell is that right-wing? Do you just vote for him because he has a "Republican" tag next to his name?

Anyway, you really make me laugh. Watching you not really argue and make up things I've said is just hilarious.

Have a nice day...snicker...John Ashcroft.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Warham
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Phil theStalker
                        I care about surviving. That's what I care about. And I want to be able to save as many of my family as I can save. Straight up, dude.

PRIVATE MESSAGE:

Warham: Phil I'm sorry for saying you should "shut up." It was rude of me. You raise a lot of interesting questions.

Phil theStalker: Oh Warham, you're t2oo kind

Okay Warham, I took you off ignore, because you're a thinker. There is hope for you. I can take disagreement, idiocy, porn, profanity, perversion, but I dislike rudeness. Rudeness is a waste of time.

And time is something we all don't have a lot of right now.

You take care

Phil
                        As Bill Clinton, your hero, might say, "I don't recall sending a private message."

Comment

• Marlowe01

Could someone please tell me one GOOD reason why our troops are over there? Don't give me that "you don't have an ounce" of honor BULLSHIT. If I'm lacking so much honor, tell me why we're over there then. This war is only being fought for Bush and Cheney's companies, Haliburton and Carlyle...nothing more, nothing less. Oh, and I'm going to say this again: I'm so SICK of hearing about TERROR on the news. SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!

Comment

• Marlowe01

Five bucks says once the election rolls around, Bush and his idiot friends all announce to us, "Oh yeah...(with a big smile) we've discovered Osama bin Laden." This will make people think that he should be re-elected...so, in the end, he will. But I still think Bush=FUCKING MORON. Can someone please tell me ONE good thing Bush has done for our country? PLEASE!!???

Comment

• Marlowe01

Oh, and another thing: when's the last time there was an actual OCCURENCE of terror against the US, other than September 11th? Wait, NEVER! The terror alerts just make people were are paranoid already even MORE paranoid. I'm also getting tired of people commercializing 9-11-01 by making T-shirts, etc. Ok, you can remember the date and remember what it stands for, but it's been 3 YEARS. Some people need to learn to MOVE ON.

Comment

• Marlowe01

People, you have 2 choices for president this year: 1- John Kerry, and 2- David Lee Roth. Enough said.

Comment

Working...