Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ritetoolforjob
    Banned
    • Mar 2005

what about jason becker? dave was some good to him.

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ritetoolforjob
      go suck an ass jingles. name one good song diamond dave has written in the last 5 years. what about a concert where you don't get through just one song without cringing at one of those patented monkey yelps. for christsake he can't even sing his old stuff anymore. let's be brutally honest here, dave was once the best, now he is just pathetic. i am sick of waiting for the great album or next big move, only to be let down again and again.
      I saw DAVE this summer ASSCLOWN...

DAVE ROCKED

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

go suck an ass
        Another Fecal Freak for hagar.....typical
        Last edited by Matt White; 10-25-2005, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Crops
          Not trolling for anything.... just a question. I wouldn't be surprised either way but having also heard certain rumours I thought I'd ask here.

I still listen to Priest -- so it aint an issue for me. Dave's still the Rock God he always was.

I bet in the day Dave was screwing Midgets, Donkeys, and Siamese twins.... anything that walked, hopped, or dropped.
          DAVE has (indirectly) addressed this stuff himself. There's an interview around here somewhere in which he talks about starting out in the early 70's, when the DAVID BOWIE androgyny "pseudo-bisexual" thing was the flava' of the month. In fact, BOWIE would "come out" in the early 90's and say "(he) was always a closet heterosexual."

ROTH dressed sort of outrageously for this trend, and for the attention as a stage persona designed to attract more mainstream women to the tawdry sausage-fest that is a rock and roll concert circa the late 1970s. This was during the disco era, when real rock was considered passe', and female fans were far fewer than the male fans, and few rock acts made it really big. As one 80's photo-biographer put it, to paraphrase, he put it something like this: DAVE remade a rock concert as a desirable place to go for female fans as well as the proverbial "13-year-old white boys." He was the male version of the blond bombshell, but for ladies only. Reaching out for female fans as few rock bands did before him, consciously aware that Ed mostly attracted the male "guitar-hero wanna'be" demographic, DAVE shot for the girls to sell records and tickets, marketingwise.

I highly doubt he was ever into dudes, in fact, I think trying to appeal to women is the least gay thing one can do. In short, DAVE was trying to make it in the mainstream pop music world without compromising that music. So he had to maybe compromise a little of his "manliness" without ever really doing so, appearing to be androgenous in his stage persona. But I think we scarcely saw the "real Dave" in his wardrobe on stage. The pic's I've seen of the everyday Dave have him as more of a Safari type, hanging with his jungle crew...

And even if DAVE is bi, I could frankly give a fuck. Just as I listen to QUEEN and PRIEST myself, It really doesn't matter that much to me. But that being said, I highly doubt DAVE's sexuality can be ascertained merely because he wore tight, leopard skin spandex during a concert in 1982 (which is where these rumors really come from), as some try to make that case for...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

WTF are you talking about RITETOOLTODOARIMJOB?

Comment

• Soul Reaper
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2005

explain what you mean by that....
              ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2005

p.s.why his gayest fans are right here on this very site.... SOUL REAPER & UNCHAINME, TAKE A BOW YOU BITCHES...
                he named me.....how wonderful........maybe if you weren't such a tool, maybe I wouldn't have said something....if you're complaining about there being nothing new on the site, then do something about it.....you really are a prick, Joe

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Millermoos
                  And Dave he is great!!!! He doesn't need to prove anything to anybody.
                  dave was once the best, now he is just pathetic. i am sick of waiting for the great album or next big move, only to be let down again and again.
                  Stop contradicting yourself, Joe.....

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    DAVE has (indirectly) addressed this stuff himself. There's an interview around here somewhere in which he talks about starting out in the early 70's, when the DAVID BOWIE androgyny "pseudo-bisexual" thing was the flava' of the month. In fact, BOWIE would "come out" in the early 90's and say "(he) was always a closet heterosexual."

ROTH dressed sort of outrageously for this trend, and for the attention as a stage persona designed to attract more mainstream women to the tawdry sausage-fest that is a rock and roll concert circa the late 1970s. This was during the disco era, when real rock was considered passe', and female fans were far fewer than the male fans, and few rock acts made it really big. As one 80's photo-biographer put it, to paraphrase, he put it something like this: DAVE remade a rock concert as a desirable place to go for female fans as well as the proverbial "13-year-old white boys." He was the male version of the blond bombshell, but for ladies only. Reaching out for female fans as few rock bands did before him, consciously aware that Ed mostly attracted the male "guitar-hero wanna'be" demographic, DAVE shot for the girls to sell records and tickets, marketingwise.

I highly doubt he was ever into dudes, in fact, I think trying to appeal to women is the least gay thing one can do. In short, DAVE was trying to make it in the mainstream pop music world without compromising that music. So he had to maybe compromise a little of his "manliness" without ever really doing so, appearing to be androgenous in his stage persona. But I think we scarcely saw the "real Dave" in his wardrobe on stage. The pic's I've seen of the everyday Dave have him as more of a Safari type, hanging with his jungle crew...

And even if DAVE is bi, I could frankly give a fuck. Just as I listen to QUEEN and PRIEST myself, It really doesn't matter that much to me. But that being said, I highly doubt DAVE's sexuality can be ascertained merely because he wore tight, leopard skin spandex during a concert in 1982 (which is where these rumors really come from), as some try to make that case for...
                    You can't put it better!
                    Thanks for taking the trouble to write this, Nick. Great post!
                    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• bantonelli
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Hey RITETOOLFORTHEJOB.....how the *ell can you be MORE of a fan than I if all you spew out is your rhetoric about Dave being "So-called" washed up, BUT YET - you are more of a FAN....??????

What have you done in the last 5 years that is mind blowing and worth remembering????

Dave's got PLENTY of accomplishments and anyone who has followed him knows what he's been up to.

Go back to SPAMMY'S WEBSITE where you MIGHT be recognized.

Like JimmyJingles said...You come to DLRARMY - you will be SLAMMED!
                      "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Jimmy Jingles
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bantonelli
                        Hey RITETOOLFORTHEJOB.....how the *ell can you be MORE of a fan than I if all you spew out is your rhetoric about Dave being "So-called" washed up, BUT YET - you are more of a FAN....??????

What have you done in the last 5 years that is mind blowing and worth remembering????

Dave's got PLENTY of accomplishments and anyone who has followed him knows what he's been up to.

Go back to SPAMMY'S WEBSITE where you MIGHT be recognized.

Like JimmyJingles said...You come to DLRARMY - you will be SLAMMED!

Roth On Bunny!!!
                        23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2005

list of accomplishments for diamond dave:
                          walked out on the greatest band ever. he fucking ruined van halen.
                          goes solo, assembles unbelievable new band but slowly ruins because, again, he wanted to be the only one in the spotlight.
                          spends the past 15 years trying to either rejoin vh or try to reinvent himself in a bid to regain his lost fame.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Wrong. SPAM HAGAR is the blonde woman that ruined Van Halen. Get over yourself.
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2005

you're an idiot.

Comment

• bantonelli
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Nov 2004

list of accomplishments for diamond dave:
                                walked out on the greatest band ever. he fucking ruined van halen.
                                goes solo, assembles unbelievable new band but slowly ruins because, again, he wanted to be the only one in the spotlight.
                                spends the past 15 years trying to either rejoin vh or try to reinvent himself in a bid to regain his lost fame.
                                YOU ARE A FUNNY FELLOW....

YOU CALL YOURSELF "RITETOOLFORTHEJOB" Which happens to be a Kick *ss Song that DAVE did (SOLO...mind you, without the VH Bros...or maybe you didn't realize that?)

AND EVERYTHING YOU QUOTE IS COMPLETELY INCORRECT.

DARLIN' GO BACK AND GET YOUR G.E.D. in Reading, cuz your Facts are FICTION.
                                "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

Working...