X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
    It's equal...It's 3/4 of the people who made it great.
    Your position is consistent on that, but that's not the case with a lot of the sheepocrites over at Links.

But 3/4 doesn't always equal 3/4. Mike's role in the band wasn't equal to Dave's. Or to Sammy's, for that matter. We all know who wrote the songs and it wasn't Alex or Mike. So Dave & Eddie & Alex are a much bigger 3/4 of the band than Eddie & Mikey & Alex were.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
      Aww Brenty....

You have been calling

Ed + Al + Mike + (Insert name here) Van Halen
      for years..

Time to loosen up and enjoy old fella !
      Dude you're just bummed as I am...come on and admit it Marky Mark. Fuck you don't even care about the torch thing YOU came up with.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
        Commando
        • Mar 2006

Ed finally got what he wanted for a long time, he got Mike out.
        I feel bad for Mike.
        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Brett
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ed waited for the big payday and sent Mike to the curb. I'd say he got even . And because why, Mike likes to play music and and not sit at home and drink himself to death?

Comment

• PlexiBrown
            Commando
            • Mar 2006

But 3/4 doesn't always equal 3/4. Mike's role in the band wasn't equal to Dave's. Or to Sammy's, for that matter. We all know who wrote the songs and it wasn't Alex or Mike. So Dave & Eddie & Alex are a much bigger 3/4 of the band than Eddie & Mikey & Alex were.
            Absolutely!
            And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• PlexiBrown
              Commando
              • Mar 2006

Ed waited for the big payday and sent Mike to the curb. I'd say he got even . And because why, Mike likes to play music and and not sit at home and drink himself to death?
              I heard from guys who were at Namm that Ed's big issue with Mike was the whole funeral thing with Ed's mom and not so much the Sam and Mike thing.

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Dude you're just bummed as I am...come on and admit it Marky Mark. Fuck you don't even care about the torch thing YOU came up with.
                Well, as AlbertR points out, technically we could fire it up..
                Im more excited than dissapointed, especially that VAN HAGAR
                can now be buried for good...

But yeah, of course I would be more stoked if it was 4/4..
                But this is a way better offering than we have been given
                in over 20 years... (Except of course MWM and CGTSNM)

So I have a smile on my face..

Hey, theres always the other half !

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

Other half of what ????????????????

:p
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Brett
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

After 30 years, you don't sit and figure out who meant what. Ed's a dick and could have easily included Mike and made everybody happy. Instead, he chose to put his stupid kid in the band.

Comment

• Brett
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                    I heard from guys who were at Namm that Ed's big issue with Mike was the whole funeral thing with Ed's mom and not so much the Sam and Mike thing.
                    What about the funeral?

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2006

One thing is for sure....complaining about Mike being out ain't going to change anything....at least not for this tour.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2006

What about the funeral?
                        Mike didn't show at Ed and Al's mom's funeral or even send a card or call Ed and Alex. Even Dave reached out at the time. This is what the guys at NAMM were saying.

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

FUCK VAN HAGAR

FUCK THE OTHER HALF

OOOOOH YEAH !!!!

THAT FEELS GOOD

Sing it with me Brenty !!!
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Brett
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                            Mike didn't show at Ed and Al's mom's funeral or even send a card or call Ed and Alex. Even Dave reached out at the time. This is what the guys at NAMM were saying.
                            I cannot believe that's true. Come on. That would be so out of character for Mike, not even to send a card? I just don't buy that, no way.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2006

I cannot believe that's true. Come on. That would be so out of character for Mike, not even to send a card? I just don't buy that, no way.
                              What can I say. People can believe it or not believe it. It was tossed around quite a bit at NAMM and I had actually heard this before. The word was that even though Ed wasn't cool with the Other Half thing that it was the funeral thing that really put Mike in Ed's shit house.

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Feb 2004

Unless you know Michael Anthony personally, I don't think you are qualified to say that. Not that i am, but your denial of the possibility is baffling if in fact you don't know the man or his personal feelings towards the VH brothers.

Don't take this as a flame dude, I'm merely stating that you can't just blow off the possibility that this is true. I have heard this story from a few different sources as well, so I have to believe that where there's smoke, there is usually fire.

If you DO personally know Michael Anthony; then just disregard this entire post.
                                http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

Working...