VH Chart, Ticket Sales, Tour Success - NOT!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dysfunction
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

That link doesn't equate with sales. It's only a guage of how interested people are on the net. Apparently people are appalled with they see what they are getting for the price. And the general public has no idea Van Hagar's even touring.

That link is worthless. GS posts the cold hard facts.

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dysfunction
        http://www.pollstar.com/news/top50.pl
        That poll is all over the place, one week they are number one, the next they are seventh, the next second... I would like to know the exact algorithm they use to determine that rating..
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Cathedral
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
          You are right it doesnt, but it means I may know some people that know their shit.
          I know my shit, it comes from my asshole and stinks if you don't flush quickly. I can clear out an arena quicker than Van Hagar Ticket Sales.
          And if my turds could form a band it would be called Van Hagar...Um, but since there is already an afterbirth called that i think i'll be more creative next time.

Oh, listen up and show some respect. the FAT lady is singing on this tour and they just left the station.
          It's 1998 all over again and there isn't a tuba in sight for Ed to wrap his meaty lips around.

Comment

• gslinger
            Foot Soldier
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
            That poll is all over the place, one week they are number one, the next they are seventh, the next second... I would like to know the exact algorithm they use to determine that rating..
            -------------------

It's based on site hits, pure and simple. With CCC/WMG having an easy 1/4 million individuals computers in their empire, gee I wonder how the numbers can get monkeyed with.

Anyway, I expected the number to be up this week and yes it could be #1 next week. Great, lovely - WTFC. CCC has been unloading major levels of prime ticket blocks, they held back, in Phili and upcoming A+ venue markets, and I mean they are unloading a bunch!. This is standard MO, they do it to "manage" sale numbers, charts, and keep the hype going coming into a major market show. The R & R airplay charts should be up strong the next two weeks also.

You can see the manufactored hype works when people, with an IQ of a 3 minute egg like Dysfuckion, come bantering CCC's handy work.

Need to state re: above, on this VH Tour, CCC held back a massive amount of good tickets and unloaded a lot of crap seats when each venue went on sale. I mean it is causing a hell of a ruckus and threats of large lawsuits from major ticket inventory holders.

To be honest, pisses me off how CCC really screwed a bunch of Van Halen fans. No matter what our thoughts are on who should be fronting VH, its fraudulent and criminal how CCC burnt the hell out of inital sales ticket buyers and ILoveAllAccess people that paid $175 to sit in the first 20 rows. Before some of you laugh, if Diamond Dave was fronting this Tour good seats would be $150 - $175, not $95, and we would all be the ones burnt by CCC in this scam!

Bottom line, CCC is pulling the stops out for the next 5 major markets/8 concert dates on the Tour. They cannot walk away from these next 8 Tour dates with their dick in their hands like they did on the first 3 shows that were off 43% on expected ticket sales. Cripes, they damn near gave away as many tickets as they sold!
            Last edited by gslinger; 06-16-2004, 05:45 PM.
            <center>Accept Only Van <strike>Halen</strike> Roth Classic!
            "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
            </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
            <center>
            "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>
            <center>Click>"Hot Chicks for Dave" & "Dave’s Cavalcade of Bimbos"</center>

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by gslinger
              Bottom line, CCC is pulling the stops out for the next 5 major markets/8 concert dates on the Tour. They cannot walk away from these next 8 Tour dates with their dick in their hands like they did on the first 3 shows that were off 43% on expected ticket sales. Cripes, they damn near gave away as many tickets as they sold!
              GS, haven't seen one of your "Promoter's Settlement Sheet" posts from the Buffalo show....

What was the damage there, meaning shitty attendance ???
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gslinger
                Foot Soldier
                • May 2004

I swore I posted this yesterday, but I don’t see it, so here it is again. Thanks..gs

6/15/04
                <center>* * * Venue PAID Attendance * * *

Van Halen, HSBC Arena - Buffalo
                June 14, 2004

PAID Attendance - 7,654 (a) *

(a) Source: Promoter’s Venue Settlement Sheet

* Details and Full Comments To Follow

Paid Attendance for First 3 Shows off 43% From Estimated

</center>

HSBC Arena-Buffalo: To fill the lower level and floor seats up they let ALL the people in the upper level seats (300 series), some 200 series move downstairs for FREE, and then shut off the upper level of the stadium.

---------------------------

About the PAID Attendance Venue Numbers

I have received comments, PM’s and emails regarding my Van Halen venue PAID attendance report numbers. Unfortunately, some people are more intent on being disruptive, instead of reading my posts regarding these numbers, but I will state it again for the LAST time.

As I have delineated in my RA posts on this subject, my VH concert attendance numbers represent the actual total PAID tickets for the event, and does not include comped/free tickets, which frankly have been substantial for the three VH events to-date. There was almost 5,000 comped/free tickets for the Greensboro show alone!

The source of my PAID attendance numbers are the promoter’s settlement sheet for the respective venues.

I don’t care what Van Halen members or management; Radio DJ’s and the media; people that attended the concert; or certain VHLinks fucksticks that come to this site strictly for the purpose of disruption, have to say on this matter. The only numbers that matters is what’s on those settlement reports, because that’s how many people get paid, so they tend to be accurate and third-party attested.

Sure, if I only have 8,100 paid attendees for an event and I am Sammy Hagar, I am going to tell the crowd and the media 14,000. I may even tell you the arena is almost sold out, even though it holds over 23,000.

(Hell, Hagar said 14,000 at each of the 3 Concerts. Is the guy that ignorant he can't make up a few different numbers for his lies.)

If I only have 8,100 paid attendees for the Tour opening event, and I am the concert promoter, I may give away 5,000 tickets. I may specially restrict and drape the inside of the building to create the elusion this first Concert, of a planned 80 concert Tour, was a huge success and in huge demand by the fans. I may restrict any major media from reporting on my opening event so I can control the elusion, like a good slight-of-hand artist.

These types of tactics have occurred in all three of the Van Halen concerts to-date. Why, because whether I’m a band member, promoter, or anyone else with a financial gain interest in the Tour, I want people that are going to attend future Van Halen play-dates to get very worried they are not going to see this great “Once-In-A-Lifetime Reunion Concert”, if they haven’t already bought tickets, or don’t immediately go buy them now! It’s basic 101 intro Carnival Barker school.

I have no interest in how many tickets can be given away to fill a venue. I am interested in how many people are willing to pay (on a full ticket price-market value basis) to attend a 2004 Van Halen show. Further, I’m interested if the gross generated revenue will cover individual venue and overall Tour costs. In the end analysis, this is what ultimately determines whether a Tour is successful or not. Additionally, this data is what determines if a band will be able to “get a promote” for any future National Tours.

Obviously, my interest in following this data is to determine if that "$1 million phone call" is going to happen, which is a very clear, discussed, and defined option for this Tour.

Secondly, we may “bat around” here that Eddie will probably do this Van Hagar Tour, then maybe next year, year after, do a Van Roth Tour, then retire (if he hasn’t killed himself yet IMO) I think that would be a great strategic plan for Eddie's retirement, where everyone wins, but it will not happen if this 2004 VH Tour losses the kind of money I am seeing it has the potential to lose. Van Halen’s career will be over and they will never get a National promote again, – End of Story.

Re: PM’s & EM’s on my background. I have posted this before, but again for the LAST time in recapitulated form - I have 35 years experience in the music and recording business; 14 of those years as a A & R rep including with a major U.S. label; first saw Van Halen play in 1977 in a small club for $500 “full-turnkey”; was totally blown away by what I witnessed; and have followed the band, and individual members ever since. Do I know anything or what I am talking about…….naaaaaa probably not :-)

Hope this helped…gs
                Last edited by gslinger; 06-17-2004, 03:36 AM.
                "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
                </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
                <center>
                "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Well...we'll see slinger...I can't see people funding VH if this is as big as a bomb as it looks like...

the ONLY way this can bomb...and there even be a remote chance...and it would be remote...is if a future Hall of Fame gig puts them back out there...

but to be honest...I don't think an HoF gig with Roth there would generate even a quarter of the interest that 96 did...

this band blew it...many times since the 96 debacle...and finally alienated everyone...'cept of course the 59 hagar fans...and bored fucks that have nothing better to do...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• gslinger
                    Foot Soldier
                    • May 2004

Yes, you are right on the money!

Like I said in my post to Panamark, a couple of posts earlier, these next 8 Tour dates are critical for this band. I’ve seen tapes of all three shows. The bottom line is Eddie unequivocally has got to stop f--king around on that stage, get down to serious business AND stop all the continually boozing. It doesn’t matter who is fronting this band if Eddie continues to be the weakest link of the 4 members, which currently he clearly is.

What pisses me off is, the damn guy still has some of his awesome ability. He’ll get serious once and a while on that stage, and just blow the roof off the place. He came out for the show last night with his hair down, sport his Van Halen I look, packing an old Frankenstrat plugged into a pair of Marshall heads behind his Peavey stacks, and the place with f—king ballistic, as you would expect. Then the damn guy poops off the momentum dickin around, playing in the wrong key, screwing the tune up on his ax, screwing up his signal processing effects, broke into a lead from the wrong song, accidentally unplugs his ax while he is playing 3 separate times, blah, blah.

EVH is going to use his VH – I “stage props” to open the Phil shows also, so maybe he will get down to business and back it up by ripping up the stage for the first couple of songs. If he would do that, then he could go have a smoke break and chug a bottle of wine, like he likes to do up there, while Alex does a drum solo.

Further, some of the sound problems are not Eddie’s fault. The sound mix is total crap, and ridiculously too loud! It’s like they picked up some winos on the street to run the Boards, and they are “getting off” playing with the “zillion of knobs” back there. However, IMO the deal’s obvious. If you can’t play, just use tons of effects and crank up the volume where it is peeling paint off the inside of the building, and nobody will really know if you were good or not. (particularly if the beer is attractively priced for the show, OK!)

Lots of the antics are actually funny as hell - pure drunken addict Spinal Tap II. I mean you are just going for entertainment, so what, if it’s in a difference form of delivery. Most people are not going to do a forensic analysis of Eddie’s mastery, or lack there of, that night.

Problem is, it’s not going to work. Despite Van Halen being one of the greatest rock bands ever from the Diamond days, they have never been the greatest Tour draw. Second, 100,000’s of musicians at all levels typically show up at VH concerts to see Eddie play. Even without Diamond, large numbers of women typically showed up to see Eddie. At a $100 a pop, CCC dicking everybody on tickets, and EVH being a shadow of his past looking like he just crawled out of a grave – profitable ticket sales just aren’t going to happen!
                    Last edited by gslinger; 06-17-2004, 05:38 AM.
                    <center>

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

As I have delineated in my RA posts on this subject, my VH concert attendance numbers represent the actual total PAID tickets for the event, and does not include comped/free tickets, which frankly have been substantial for the three VH events to-date. There was almost 5,000 comped/free tickets for the Greensboro show alone!
                      Thanks GS, keep those figures comin', that's the most interesting aspect of this entire travesty of a tour....

But I really need to ask a stupid question (shut up Poj )....

Outside of someone (excluding radio stations, etc.) publicizing they've got free tickets, how do you pass out 5,000 free tickets ???

Also, in terms of the upcoming shows, I concur that they really to sell these bigger cities' venues well if they expect ANY sort of success....

So far, this tour is going EXACTLY as I predicted.... In big markets, they'll do well, close to selling out, obviously due to the metropolitan areas having more of a chance of gathering sheep....

But it's in the smaller markets that they're sucking hind tit, once again, as I predicted.....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Check out the seats available for tonight,

Sometimes bands will have a suite set up at the hotel where
                        antbody who knows anybody's second cousins Mom's boyfriend
                        can go to and grab free tickets.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                          Commando
                          • Apr 2004

I swore I posted this yesterday, but I don’t see it, so here it is again. Thanks..gs

6/15/04
                          <center>* * * Venue PAID Attendance * * *

Van Halen, HSBC Arena - Buffalo
                          June 14, 2004

PAID Attendance - 7,654 (a) *

(a) Source: Promoter’s Venue Settlement Sheet

* Details and Full Comments To Follow

Paid Attendance for First 3 Shows off 43% From Estimated

</center>

HSBC Arena-Buffalo: To fill the lower level and floor seats up they let ALL the people in the upper level seats (300 series), some 200 series move downstairs for FREE, and then shut off the upper level of the stadium.

---------------------------

About the PAID Attendance Venue Numbers

I have received comments, PM’s and emails regarding my Van Halen venue PAID attendance report numbers. Unfortunately, some people are more intent on being disruptive, instead of reading my posts regarding these numbers, but I will state it again for the LAST time.

The source of my PAID attendance numbers are the promoter’s settlement sheet for the respective venues.

I don’t care what Van Halen members or management; Radio DJ’s and the media; people that attended the concert; or certain VHLinks fucksticks that come to this site strictly for the purpose of disruption, have to say on this matter. The only numbers that matters is what’s on those settlement reports, because that’s how many people get paid, so they tend to be accurate and third-party attested.

Sure, if I only have 8,100 paid attendees for an event and I am Sammy Hagar, I am going to tell the crowd and the media 14,000. I may even tell you the arena is almost sold out, even though it holds over 23,000.

(Hell, Hagar said 14,000 at each of the 3 Concerts. Is the guy that ignorant he can't make up a few different numbers for his lies.)

If I only have 8,100 paid attendees for the Tour opening event, and I am the concert promoter, I may give away 5,000 tickets. I may specially restrict and drape the inside of the building to create the elusion this first Concert, of a planned 80 concert Tour, was a huge success and in huge demand by the fans. I may restrict any major media from reporting on my opening event so I can control the elusion, like a good slight-of-hand artist.

These types of tactics have occurred in all three of the Van Halen concerts to-date. Why, because whether I’m a band member, promoter, or anyone else with a financial gain interest in the Tour, I want people that are going to attend future Van Halen play-dates to get very worried they are not going to see this great “Once-In-A-Lifetime Reunion Concert”, if they haven’t already bought tickets, or don’t immediately go buy them now! It’s basic 101 intro Carnival Barker school.

I have no interest in how many tickets can be given away to fill a venue. I am interested in how many people are willing to pay (on a full ticket price-market value basis) to attend a 2004 Van Halen show. Further, I’m interested if the gross generated revenue will cover individual venue and overall Tour costs. In the end analysis, this is what ultimately determines whether a Tour is successful or not. Additionally, this data is what determines if a band will be able to “get a promote” for any future National Tours.

Obviously, my interest in following this data is to determine if that "$1 million phone call" is going to happen, which is a very clear, discussed, and defined option for this Tour.

Secondly, we may “bat around” here that Eddie will probably do this Van Hagar Tour, then maybe next year, year after, do a Van Roth Tour, then retire (if he hasn’t killed himself yet IMO) I think that would be a great strategic plan for Eddie's retirement, where everyone wins, but it will not happen if this 2004 VH Tour losses the kind of money I am seeing it has the potential to lose. Van Halen’s career will be over and they will never get a National promote again, – End of Story.

Re: PM’s & EM’s on my background. I have posted this before, but again for the LAST time in recapitulated form - I have 35 years experience in the music and recording business; 14 of those years as a A & R rep including with a major U.S. label; first saw Van Halen play in 1977 in a small club for $500 “full-turnkey”; was totally blown away by what I witnessed; and have followed the band, and individual members ever since. Do I know anything or what I am talking about…….naaaaaa probably not :-)

Hope this helped…gs
                          Hammer, nail, head.
                          <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• gslinger
                            Foot Soldier
                            • May 2004

Hey guwapo, big thanks for all the ticket scoutin info you’re postin here!! I really appreciate it. Keep it up. Everything good on my end, just real busy is all, and 1/2 the time I try to get on this site I can't. Site's been real unstable/unusable the last 1.5 weeks.

Haven't got through my emails or talked with the guys I know in the VH Tour crew yet on Phili last night. Will post a little something when I do, however really not planning to post anything on Phili until after tonight.

The few emails I have quickly scanned re last night: - people are saying they walked up to the Phili gig and had no problems getting seats in the first ten rows on the floor. One person said they walked up and got 2nd row flr in front of Eddie seats/ another EM 4th row flr/another EM 5th row flr, geeee. Those 4 & 5 Star iloveallaccess people got to be screaming over getting hosed like this after paying $375/$175 for the same seats.

The 2nd row EM said Eddie sounded damn good. Hope it's right, will watch some of the Phili vid that already come in when get some time. I really do want to see the damn drunk get his shit together up their and do something meaningful.

I'm not tolerant nor understand addiction. Oh, I understand it well, just don’t accept it. I cannot understand how people don't have more control over their life, and can destroy themselves on booze/drugs and being a f--king headcase….then I have to hear about it all the time! Seems like it has become an epidemic in this country, yet we “want” for nothing compared to the rest of the world. I also don’t have tolerance for candy ass entertainer’s and all their personal garbage. Who gives a damn, your paid to entertain, shut the f—k up and entertain, or go kill yourself if that’s what you want to do, just pick one OK!..gs

---------
                            Photo: 06.16.04 – Gotta admit, the guy looks damn cool up there sportin his old look

My em comment back…Okkkk, I’ll pay $25 for that, what the other $75 for?
                            <center>

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Thanks GS, when you have time, more pics of ED last night
                              if you have em. Keep up the great work, your info and insight
                              are a pleasure to read!!

Comment

• Panamark
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Great stuff GS !

This thread kicks ass.

Notice how the Spamster dickheads steer well clear of this one, the truth must hurt... Ive said this before, those Hagar cats need a seeing
                                eye dog to find their own assholes ! They would believe anything Hagar says. Which, when you review his history, is not a smart thing to base your argument on. He is totally full of shit and changes his story to suit the moment.

These figures are pitiful. who gives a fuck if 14,000 attended, when only 5000 paid ? A helluva lot of people will go to *anything* when its given away free.....
                                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...