VH Chart, Ticket Sales, Tour Success - NOT!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by sgtrj2003
    When Dave was in his prime, VH may have made better music. Their songs were about fast cars, hot women, and getting laid. Undortunately, we're living in the present when VH is singing about love and romance, but that's okay by me. You can remain in denial, and that's okay too, but if you were truly honest with yourself, you'd admit that if VH has any chance of being successful again, it's with Sammy.

When are people like you going to get it...

1. Van Halen...in any form...will never...ever be successful again. And if you think that these shows...which are giving away tickets in the thousands for each show...are a success...then you truly are blinded by the immense gas eddie has been shootin' out his ass for the past 9 years...

2. Eddie assured that Hagar/Roth...both...none...doesn't matter...nobody takes this band seriously anymore 'cept us...period. That's right...Ed...the idiot...he is the ONLY common thread in all of this...and he's fucked the fans continuously for a good bit of time now...it's fun to watch the people that actually enjoyed being bent over time and time again...

3. Roth back in the band would certainly sell more tickets initially...no doubt about it...it's been fucking 20 years since they've performed together...but ultimately...they'd end up where Hagar has the band NOW...in Bad Company hell...because of we little Eddie crying wolf...

If you think Hagar is better right now...that's fine and dandy...everyone has an opinion...

but you're just fooling yourself...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• lms2

Originally posted by sgtrj2003

When Dave was in his prime, VH may have made better music. Their songs were about fast cars, hot women, and getting laid. Undortunately, we're living in the present when VH is singing about love and romance, but that's okay by me. You can remain in denial, and that's okay too, but if you were truly honest with yourself, you'd admit that if VH has any chance of being successful again, it's with Sammy.

Again, why not be happy for Ed, Mike, and Alex rather than dreaming about the past and what will never, ever happen?
      WHEN dave was in his prime? vh MAY have made better music. Hello? Where have you been? Have you heard the new music? Be happy you say? About what?

Appreciating hisotry and great accomplishments is not dreaming about nor living in the past. There is music being produced "Right Now" that I am happy listening to, (AND IT AINT VAN HAGAR CHAP). I do not solely exist on Classic VH albums or Dave's solo stuff. If I could see Classic Van Halen again, hell yea I would. I still MAY see Van Hagar just cause I believe it will be the last opportunity I will ever have to do so, and though the mighty have fallen a loooooooong, long ways down, Ed Alex and Michael, with or without Dave, will always have a special place in my heart. Does what they are doing now make me happy? I think not. Take a good look at Ed. Happy? No, it is not happy. It is a sad sad day in the neighborhood boys and girls.

Daves voice is one part of Dave. Daves PRESENCE is what made him the greatest frontman in the history of rock and roll. The voice may fade, but the presence will live forever. Dave's singing is only a portion of what he brought to Van Halen and if you cant see that, then you will never understand why Van Halen without Dave is not Van Halen. Dave is the smile you can hear on the telephone. Dave is the feel good you hear in the song. Dave is the twinkle in the eye, the sparkle in the voice, the sexy that makes you pick the plain person over the good looking one with no appeal.

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

At his worst, Dave was still more interesting to watch than Spammy.
        Gene Simmons is infinately more interesting to watch than Spammy.
        I have a short attention span, unless its blowing me away or exciting I lose interest. Watching a 60 year old fattie with porcelain teeth, capri pants and sandals, doesnt do it for me. Watching him waddle around is the most anti-metal thing I have ever witnessed.

Bring back the ROCK !

DAVE OR THE GRAVE !

VAN HAGAR SUCKS !!
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

You know...the funny thing...

Roth has classic VH to fall back on...

and nearly all Hagar fans agree with that...Classic vH was phenomenal...

Roth fans hate Hagar...

so let's see...

100% liked Dave with VH

50% or less like Sammy with VH...

you do the math...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• gigolo
            Roadie
            • May 2004

I saw these posts about how bad Eddie’s health is.

######
            Tue 06/22/04 Van Halen - East Rutherford, NJ Continental Airlines Arena
            ..http://ww .vhstrungout.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=. 5430&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=.1 &PHPSESSID=...
            #####

Here’s the key posts

This edited post is what started off the EVH health problem posts:

===========
            I'm a rocker... a guitarist for over 25yrs...a VH fan from day 1... I missed them so much...the creativity....the man the music..those SOLOS!!! Outside of it being just great to see them live again and to be there... there was definately something wrong with Ed.... I wasnt the only one who noticed this...not by far

...BUT...how many riffs...solos..notes did he blow??? Not to mention getting 'lost' during certain parts of songs... and his solo spot!?!?!?! WTF was he doing?.. he crapped many leads/parts thereof, most every riff seemed thoughtless, he 'noodled' endlessly, looked as if he didnt know what to do, when he spoke into the mic..he sounded fucked-up... he hardly did any back up vocals, when he had a line or 2 to sing..it sounded like he had marbles in his mouth... I have seen them/HIM play 8 fucking HARD rocking times before...this had to be the worst I ever saw him..the most 'lost'(the only word i could find)...

... I too, waited for all these years for something to happen... remember the numerous phone interviews that were posted... how he was writing stuff that was going to blow our fucking minds...c'mon..6 years(since VHIII) and those 3 new songs are the best he came up with?(i havent heard anybody say how great they are, no..how the fuck did he do that...nothing new, now awesome rhythm or signature leads, let alone something groundbreaking or innovative(i.e. the drill as a trick)... actually, they are quite below what i expected...and, after 6 years...they should've come out with a fucking TOTALLY orignal album

.. Now..in closing, if I said anything wrong or offensive, again, I apologize. As I said, I have seen them play countless times..many times, nite after nite...and back then.. he WAS, they were, ON IT. I was thrilled to be there, I was in a historical moment, but, it would have been so much better if it were a tour in support of an increible album of NEW material, and sorry, Ed wasnt on it this nite. ... One more thing of note...loud is one thing.. without my incredibly expensive-but excellent, ear plugs, my head would have exploded...the volume and mix were horrific, it sounded like an atomic bomb...
            ===========

Guys...I was there, for the sound check and 2 row for the show. There is something wrong with him. My wife was with me and she is a doctor. His teeth were all discolored he slurred his speach. He just wasn't moving around like a normal person. As far as the show it was great in terms of energy but I have to agree Eddie missed many many notes and parts of songs and would start his solo if you can call it that before the chrous was over.

His solo was a bunch of mis mosh....the highlight was Wolfie.

I love VH...I have been to over 35 shows since 1984. I have seen all 3 version...Sammy is the best. I just hope Ed is alright...in case no one knows he is smoking again...not a bright move...Eddie just looks and acts like he is sick.....
            ============

I agree van halen is about having a good time but Eddie just looks and acts like he is sick. As I said my wife is a Doctor and based on what she saw and heard she thought he was showing signs of something. Anyway....I hope she is wrong but If your were at the show last night and up close like I was Eddie needs to get better or the reality is VH will no longer exist.....Again the 5 star experience was great and all 4 guys were great to the fans siging things and getting yelled at by their mgmnt for doing so....It was well worth the $800....
            ============

One other point.....Sammy and Mike both were making faces at eddies mistakes and Mike looked at us in the Pit and mouthed the words..."What the fuck was that" ....obviously eddie was having a beyond usual bad night....
            ============

Having been about 2 feet a way at the sound check and 10 feet away during the show I can tell you that forget about his (EVH) playing he just looked terrible. Lets face it I think if EVH recorded himself going to the bathroom most diehard VH fans would buy it. We love him but the realilty is his actions and appearance. Its upsetting.
            ===========

I am married to an RN who, like the other mans wife, noticed Eddie too... EVH is NOT alright, I've seen him too many times live, met him 3 times...Something is very wrong with him……
            ===========

... I'm sure there was definitly something either ailing him
            ===========

QUOTE - Guys...I was there, for the sound check and 2 row for the show. There is something wrong with him. My wife was with me and she is a doctor. His teeth were all discolored he slurred his speach. He just wasn't moving around like a normal person. ....Eddie just looks and acts like he is sick.....

REPLY-My brother is in the VH Tour crew, and a 24 year Tour veteran. This is his 3rd VH Tour. I am also a huge VH fan and love Eddie.

1. Eddie & Val are not legally divorced. Val could never sign the divorce papers because of Eddie’s health.

2. Eddie is very sick due to his severe addiction to drugs and alcohol. My brother says EVH drinks 2-4 bottles of wine during every stage performance, drinks during the day heavily, and is doing large quantities of narcotics to hold himself up.

3. Eve’s teeth looking bad is how most severe addicts teeth look. My brother is very worried about Eddie being able to finish this Tour. His substance abuse is getting worse every week. My brother said last night, that he wouldn’t be surprised if EVH has cancer again. He is showing strange symptoms that are not characteristic of addicts.

All this news really bums me out to say the least.
            Hey you Van Dutch guys. Your names Neil & Bob or is that what you do!

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

If true, its sad news. As much as EVH pisses me off, I dont want the dude to die.
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

I see It's Abortion Time has dropped from #5 to #6.

It should have never got that far to begin with. I smell payola.

Comment

• gslinger
                  Foot Soldier
                  • May 2004

Posted by tv
                  --------------

Well, when you climb the flagpole of prediction, only one part of your anatomy is showing to the people on the ground. I thought VH’s IAT would move up both Charts again this week due to CCC/WMG “promotion”, but they didn’t. Guess I was wrong. IAT moved down on Billboard’s chart 1 position, up 3 positions on R & R Charts, and stayed the same on two other BB/R&R charts.

Velvet Revolver’s Slither still has a stranglehold on #1 in both charts. I saw Velvet Revolver live two weeks ago, and they put on a damn good concert. Good hard rock shows are extremely difficult to find in this day and age. Thank God these guys got back together, screw Axel!

Posted my comments previously on the Billboard BoxScore that came out this week. The Van Halen numbers are wrong, and after contacting Billboard, they are looking in to this issue. VH gross revenue, ticket sales, and venue capacity numbers are all significantly understated in this chart. I guess that is good news for VHLinks people. However, my concern is that these posted numbers significantly overstate venue saturation %’s and average net price per ticket sold for these two VH venue concerts. So you VHLinkers and spammers here, make sure you understand the later part of my statement, before getting too excited with your posts on this subject….gs
                  Last edited by gslinger; 06-25-2004, 10:44 PM.
                  <center>Accept Only Van <strike>Halen</strike> Roth Classic!
                  "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
                  </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
                  <center>
                  "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>
                  <center>Click>"Hot Chicks for Dave" & "Dave’s Cavalcade of Bimbos"</center>

Comment

• gslinger
                    Foot Soldier
                    • May 2004

Trix
                    "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
                    </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
                    <center>
                    "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>

Comment

• gslinger
                      Foot Soldier
                      • May 2004

Trix1
                      <center>

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2004

A little insight on the R&R chart... a tune like IAT is what is called a "paper add". Stations in the CCC chain, and others as well, are stiff-armed into reporting it as a new add to R&R and then in later weeks as being in a decent to high rotation in order to manipulate the chart when in reality it gets next to no real airplay.

In return, the PD's and MD's stay in the good graces of WB, CCC, etc... Its a game, played weekly, and they CAN hurt you if you don't play along -- as I never would do paper adds and can tell the tales. When you need something down the line, they remember and f' you.

In essence, it is a "work" on a heavily vested tune like this. No way that song warrants the chart position it has on R&R legitimately. Heck, I hear the Kravitz a couple of times daily here without even trying on a couple of stations and NOT A SINGLE SPIN for IAT... Kravitz's position on the chart is basically legit, while VH's is bullsh*t, in this instance.

That's the nature of the business, though, always has been.
                        <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

So just to make it clear for DA SHEEP GS, you can fill
                          20,000 seats but you have to factor in how many were
                          sold for face, and how many were sold for $20.00 or
                          $10.00 or comped?

Comment

• gigolo
                            Roadie
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by gslinger
                            Posted by tv
                            --------------

Posted my comments previously on the Billboard BoxScore that came out this week. The Van Halen numbers are wrong, and after contacting Billboard, they are looking in to this issue. VH gross revenue, ticket sales, and venue capacity numbers are all significantly understated in this chart. I guess that is good news for VHLinks people. However, my concern is that these posted numbers significantly overstate venue saturation %’s and average net price per ticket sold for these two VH venue concerts. So you VHLinkers and spammers here, make sure you understand the later part of my statement, before getting too excited with your posts on this subject….gs

your right gs, i saw those billboard wachovia #'s too & they don't make any sense, it's like they reported someone elses numbers. Based on my understanding of the 2 nite attendence & the stadiums total concert capacity, that place was only 65% full for the two nite average.
                            Hey you Van Dutch guys. Your names Neil & Bob or is that what you do!

Comment

• sgtrj2003

Roth -v- Hagar

What many of you fail to realize is that Sammy doesn't really need VH. Face it, Sam had his own successful solo career before joining VH the first time, and after parting ways, he picked right up where he left off. Sure, Diamond Dave had a few successes (Crazy From The Heat and Yankee Rose), but after that, he pretty much sucked. If Sam and VH part ways again, Sam will go right back with the Waboritas and his own recording contract. Moreover, Sam doesn't even need music anymore. Cabo Wabo and his tequilla have made him a millionaire all by themselves.

Diamond Dave needs VH...not Sammy

Comment

• Warham
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Yeah, Dave needs VH.

Dave's getting his EMT training right now, and throwing in a few acting gigs on the side.

I'm sure he's pounding on the side of Ed's fucking tour bus.

You guys at the Links need to try better.

Comment

Working...