VH Chart, Ticket Sales, Tour Success - NOT!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gslinger
    Foot Soldier
    • May 2004

DD
    <center>Accept Only Van <strike>Halen</strike> Roth Classic!
    "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
    </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
    <center>
    "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>
    <center>Click>"Hot Chicks for Dave" & "Dave’s Cavalcade of Bimbos"</center>

Comment

• hauntedken
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Jun 2004

I knew something stank for sure, the venue in Green Bay hasn't seen a real rock show since the early 80's when Ritchie Blackmore toured with Deep Purple in the first original "reunion" tour....

what a load of shit....
      dirty face kid in a garbage van

Comment

• gslinger
        Foot Soldier
        • May 2004

Below is Pollstar’s chart which came out late yesterday, updated internally with verified data.

Van Halen’s Tour opening attendance speaks for itself. Sunday night’s Hershey PA numbers are looking even worse. More later on this subject.

Attendance for the VH Concert was so weak at the Greensboro Coliseum that the stage was substantially moved forward, (see chart below used by Tour crew management), and the upstairs seating sections of the building were covered with black plastic, so the place would look full for video and media crews filming part of the event when the lights were dimmed for the show.

One stage crew member joked that the concert should be called Van Halen: Live From Half-Court!

The only bright spot was that Eddie clearly sounded better than 6/1/04 Dress Rehearsal. He still looks like shit with the same “outfit and “doo” as Dress rehearsal. VH wasn’t tight with lots of sound problems, but that was expected. If Eddie sticks to his basic fretwork, and doesn’t try to get “old days fancy” he sounds pretty decent. Every time he would try some of the old Eddie moves it didn’t work, i.e. sounded bad or too much “skip noting” trying to get through the multi-progression riffs. Of course one rose, doesn’t make a summer and it’s a long Tour.

Ticket sales for Sunday night’s VH Hershey, PA are a disaster. There are a number of reasons, which are obvious, but the other is, the building is quite poor for holding concerts.

Please note that the first three gigs are secondary market Tour warm-ups. After that, VH performs in 4 Class A primary market venues, doing 2 nightly shows in 3 of the 4 venues. The stakes go up dramatically when VH hits these venues, and frankly I think Tour management is out of their skull trying to pull this off. Maybe they will prove me an idiot, but I will not be losing any sleep over the deal until they/if they do.

Check these quick thumbnail ticket discount numbers out for Sunday nights Hershey gig.
        -------------------------------------------------
        Analysis – Secondary Market Sales A+ Prime Seating
        A++ ReSeller #2341 – Short Search Only
        Van Halen, 6/13/04 – Hershey, PA

Note:
        IloveAllAccess: Rows 1-10_$375 each/Rows 10-20_$175 each
        88.3% of Available VH resale tickets presently “No Sales”
        Section A is Stage Right – “Eddie’s Side”
        Scan Sales Only - 2 tickets together,

Secondary ReSales – Closed Sales Only
        ------------------------------------------------
        2 Tickets Face w/ tax $198.30
        -----------------------------------------------
        .....................#Tix......TotPrice....Disc to Face (2)
        Flr A Row 20 - 2.......$ 36.01 (82%)
        Flr A Row 10 – 2.........59.50
        Flr C Row 27 - 2..........76.23
        Flr A Row 8 - 2..........81.00
        Flr A Row 12 - 2..........86.01 (57%)
        Flr A Row 23 - 2..........96.00
        Flr C Row 16 - 2..........100.00
        Flr C Row 16 -2..........101.01
        Flr A Row 23 - 2..........102.50
        Flr A Row 14 - 2..........104.00 (48%)
        Flr A Row 14 – 2..........117.50
        Flr C Row 18 - 2..........120.00
        Flr A Row 12 - 2..........122.50
        Flr C Row 10 - 2.........123.29
        Flr A Row 15 - 2........ $130.00 (34%)
        - Stop -

Hell some of these people are sitting towards the front for $18 - $30! Those kind of numbers will turn a promoter to heroin in no time. LOL
        Last edited by gslinger; 06-12-2004, 07:50 AM.
        "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
        </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
        <center>
        "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>

Comment

• gslinger
          Foot Soldier
          • May 2004

PSC
          <center>

Comment

• gslinger
            Foot Soldier
            • May 2004

This is a perfect example of what I was talking about in one of my previous posts. Velvet Revolver is 21st on Pollstar's Ranking lists, yet try finding any available tickets to their shows!
            <center>

Comment

• BITEYOASS
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! A BUNCH OF PSEUDO HIPPIES DREW IN MORE PEOPLE THAN VAN SPAM!!!! TAKE THAT YOU FUCKIN SHEEP!!!! THE SUMMER COUNTER OFFENSIVE HAS JUST STARTED!!! BY THE TIME THIS TOUR ENDS, THEY'LL BE BEGGING FOR DAVE!!!!!

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

This is some fucking A Grade effort Gslinger is putting in here for us all. We all appreciate it Mate !

P.S. Empty your PM box, we cant get through !!
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• gslinger
                  Foot Soldier
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! A BUNCH OF PSEUDO HIPPIES DREW IN MORE PEOPLE THAN VAN SPAM!!!! TAKE THAT YOU FUCKIN SHEEP!!!! THE SUMMER COUNTER OFFENSIVE HAS JUST STARTED!!! BY THE TIME THIS TOUR ENDS, THEY'LL BE BEGGING FOR DAVE!!!!!

I didn't even know who the hell Phish was!!!!!!
                  <center>

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Dig the beer troubleshooting guide fo sure! ...

Only read the last 2 pages of this sum bitch and I'm rolling ...

Funny shit indeed!

Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

I coulda swore this thread said it had 15 pages! ...

Beer Is empty, time to pass the fuck out! ...
                      Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

gslinger...you are fucking amazing...thanx for all the info...I appreciate every single post...and for moving the stage in forward...I wonder how much closer they draw that line to the entries...maybe they just need to turn the stage around
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Sarge
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

So they only sold 8 thousand tickets?
                          ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                          The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                          [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• DIAMONDLAND
                            Roth Army Recruit
                            • Jun 2004

White meat is white meat, nothing racial about that. Its all the same when their pants are down with their leg around their neck.

Comment

• gigolo
                              Roadie
                              • May 2004

Van Halen: Live From Half-Court!

That is funny.

Here’s a pic of Sammy the afternoon of the VH Greensboro show. What’s the deal, does he have a eating disorder or something. He’s got food in his hand, his new VH songs he is singing about food all the time, what gives here?
                              Hey you Van Dutch guys. Your names Neil & Bob or is that what you do!

Comment

• DIAMONDLAND
                                Roth Army Recruit
                                • Jun 2004

I think he is holding his used tampon. good thing big trucks are near by full of is fem needs.

Comment

Working...