Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • topjimmy1984
    Groupie
    • Apr 2005

I am flying in fron New Hampshire, I bought 4 tix, a few of my buddies are bagging on me. I am in section 202, dead center. Lets all meet at the Holiday inn next to bobcat arena.

Comment

• DirtyDeeds
      Roadie
      • Mar 2007

I just was lucky enough to snag a pair of 8th row seats off of Ticketmaster. I saw that some of equal calibre were still available, as Ticketmaster starts releasing a couple sets of tickets here and there to the otherwise sold-out show. If you want good seats, fuck spending $500 on ebay or even worse on ILoveAllAccess. Just look on Ticketmaster, knowing that, although Ticketmaster is an asshole of a company, its tickets are legit. I have better seats than some who paid more than twice as much on ILoveAllAccess.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
        Veteran
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DirtyDeeds
        I just was lucky enough to snag a pair of 8th row seats off of Ticketmaster. I saw that some of equal calibre were still available, as Ticketmaster starts releasing a couple sets of tickets here and there to the otherwise sold-out show. If you want good seats, fuck spending $500 on ebay or even worse on ILoveAllAccess. Just look on Ticketmaster, knowing that, although Ticketmaster is an asshole of a company, its tickets are legit. I have better seats than some who paid more than twice as much on ILoveAllAccess.
        I noticed a pair of 20th row seats on the floor on sale for Greensboro yesterday. What the fuck is up with delaying the sale of good seats? I would be pissed off if I bought nose bleed seats the day before Ticketbastard decided to release some more good seats they were hoarding!
        Trollidillo-T

Comment

• J Curling
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

DirtyDeeds and Hyman,
          F#ck, I just did the same thing, we have really good seats for Greensboro but not so good seats for Charlotte. So I've been checking back randomly now and then.
          And just 5 minutes ago I found amazing seats just in front of Ed outside the "tongue". But we needed 7, so I checked again and we ended up with 7 seats in section 114, row C. Fuck, this is a lot better than the initial 208 seats. Hope we'll get rid of the other ones, well whatever... it's Van Halen time!

I was thinking the reason may be that agents buy tickets and return some after a while? Seems like there is a lot of scalping going on...

BTW, any meet-up plans yet?!?

Van Halen Nordic Invasion 2007
          The Hammerguy

Comment

• diamondD
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

Ticketmaster is notorious for this crap. My first 2 pair I got were $75 and on the other PC, after I hit ORDER, another pair popped up in the center of the floor. So now I have an extra pair, but I think i might have them sold. But best available is one of the biggest lies out there.
            Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• J Curling
              Head Fluffer
              • Mar 2004

So if anyone needs 6 tickets in a row for Charlotte for face value, let me know....
              The Hammerguy

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                Veteran
                • Nov 2006

Ticketrapist is counting on people who already bought tickets to "upgrade". They have created an artificial demand to assure that the tickets get sold out - even if it means some fans are stuck with extra tickets when the lights go down. Its a contemtible manipulation of the market and the emotions of the true fans for maximum profit. They can't just let tickets go on-sale first come first serve, then they might not make as much money. It makes me sick to my stomach.
                Trollidillo-T

Comment

• DirtyDeeds
                  Roadie
                  • Mar 2007

I know, Hyman, I know. I wish I wasn't such a sucker as to fall into the trap, but hey... this is Classic Van Halen.... at least as close to it as I'll ever get I'm sure.

I needed to be there, at least. But my previous tickets sucked. I didn't want to only see Dave and Ed on the big screen. I wanted to see them in person, live, in the flesh. I know Ticketasshole is fucking with me and people like me, but I could hardly stand sitting up there with airplanes practically buzzing me, wishing I was the guy down front. Now I AM THE GUY DOWN FRONT that all the nosebleeders want to be. If it wasn't for all my intents and purposes CVH, I wouldn't have fallen into the trap.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                    Veteran
                    • Nov 2006

Dude - I don't fault you one bit. I completely understand. If I didn't have friends looking out for me taking care of my tickets for me, I would be in the same boat...and I would probably begrudgingly do the same exact thing! Its just a shame is all. Enjoy the show!!
                    Trollidillo-T

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

You guys need to realize, especially early in the tour, that the arena and the promoters probably have to tweak the seating arrangements because of the unorthodox stage setup.... When they work out the bugs with the stage and the seats, more seats open up....

There are some people I know that purposely wait until a few weeks before the show to grab seats just like this....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2006

Man, I still can't help but wonder, is this too good ta be true? If not then me and the better half will see everyone at the show.
                        We are thinking about trying to snag some better seats too, but I hate to think that I could be stuck with a couple o tickets that I couldn't unload. Oh well, either way, we're there .......... And the clock keeps a tickin'
                        [

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

I wanna see some fucking reviews, Charlotte people !!!!

Don't make us rely on the damn press, with some 28 year old Hagarita-biased review....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• diamondD
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

I'll have my laptop at the hotel. I doubt I'll be coherent before the next morning tho.
                            Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by diamondD
                              I'll have my laptop at the hotel. I doubt I'll be coherent before the next morning tho.
                              LOL, I made that mistake during the '02 Sam/Dave tour in Raleigh... Pojo and I were completely shitfaced...

While I will in no way state that I'm gonna be sober, I really want to be able for this show to sink in so I can remember it....

Comment

• J Curling
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Mar 2004

Yeah, I am posting on my facebook asap.. but, I doubt it'll be until late the next day...

VAN HALEN NORDIC INVASION 2007!
                                The Hammerguy

Comment

Working...