X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNIPER
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
    Did Me Wise Magic have that VH II vibe or WACF?
    Good point, but.. I think that was because Ed and Dave didnt work together on those songs. Ed had them tracked and Dave slammed on some vox without alot of thought due to a timeline im sure. Those are great songs but kinda still had the bland Van Hagar Balance tone to to the music part. Ofcourse DLR still made them worthy, the best Van Halen songs since 1984 for sure!!!

But if you get those two in a room with a PA, guitar, and amp at Daves house watch the fuck out!! Your gonna get some shit like TYWH and Fools and all those other cool intro parts with bad fucking ass mid breakdown sections with cool little vocal and guitar magic shit going on Now that is what I am talking about!!!

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
      But if you get those two in a room with a PA, guitar, and amp at Daves house watch the fuck out!! Your gonna get some shit like TYWH and Fools and all those other cool intro parts with bad fucking ass mid breakdown sections with cool little vocal and guitar magic shit going on Now that is what I am talking about!!!
      We'll see... not sure if either one still have the creative fire and gift they once had a long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away...

I think it would be better if they went to some sort of neutral ground away from Dave's house or Ed's bat-cave... but probably not going to happen with a new wife in tow and Ed's boy stayin close to a fridge and stocked pantry all day. Queue up the Partridge family reruns... that'll keep Al awake and entertained.
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        There's no factual basis for this claim. It was and is today speculation that was manufactured on the internet fan boards.

Mrs Van Halen's funeral was a very private family matter and no Hollywood/celebrity fanfare nor invitations were made nor desired from the family.

As a matter of respect for someone who had no interest in the celebrity world and does not deserve to be fodder for the bullshit surrounding her son's celebrity world... Mrs Van Halen's name should not even be brought up here...

Interesting, all this time I thought you were either connected, or had
        an "in" in the VH camp. MA's approach to the passing of Mrs Van Halen
        was a major factor in pissing the Bro's off..

It was real, not just some discussion forum fodder
        we all invented from lack of new thread ideas.

Add this to the Sammy allegiance, and its painfully
        clean cut why sobelewski is not part of the
        all Van Halen band.

Fronted by the mighty Dave Roth
        Last edited by Panamark; 06-09-2009, 11:52 AM.
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
          Interesting, all this time I thought you were either connected, or had
          an "in" in the VH camp. MA's approach to the passing of Mrs Van Halen
          was a major factor in pissing the Bro's off..

It was real, not just some discussion forum fodder
          we all invented from lack of new thread ideas.

Add this to the Sammy allegiance, and its painfully
          clean cut why sobelewski is not part of the
          all Van Halen band.

Fronted by the mighty Dave Roth
          LOL I ain't no insider... never claimed to be. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express though and am a graduate of the Ford School of Authoratative Internet Bullshitters!!

Seriously... This Mrs VH funeral/MA snub thing surfaced on the fan boards around the time VH announced they were touring with Dave and Wolfie was "the Bassplayer" just prior to the Hall of Fame Rehab debacle. It was questioned and to date no one can produce a sound bite, published interview or any factual reference to support this claim.

Mrs VH died sometime in 2005 after the 2004 Van Hagar Drunk Abortion Tour. Same year Val filed for divorce. The first known mention I can recall is Ed mentioned she had died the previous year during the infamous drunk interview with Stern in Sept 2006. Same one where Ed claimed to have cured cancer coined the Sauce Sobolewski name for Mike. No talk of funerals or who expressed condolences or not occurred in that interview.

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

I think it would be better if they went to some sort of neutral ground away from Dave's house or Ed's bat-cave.
            "Bat-shit crazymaking cave" more like.

Hensons' down on La Brea, I've been saying for years is my favorite studio in the world, Studio A. I love that place, it's the old A&M room A. And with that, just down the hall you got that producer guy Shanks resident in I think Studio C, who in the last 5 years has had his resume really really come up, and is a big fan of both vocal harmonies and big guitar sounds and knows how to get 'em.

Hensons has it all for doing scratch-tracks work you'd hope to maybe use later as "keeper" tracks if they sound any good. And you need that larger room, it's bigger than what they had in VH and VH2 days. Al's drums would just sound the best they could be up in there.

Comment

Foot Soldier
              • Jun 2007

Fat Mullet

Well, the fact that Fat Pig was fired for snubbing Mrs Van Halen`s funeral, was stated in some of the Van Halen`s 2007/2008, concert reviews!

Ed and Al will never let Two Face back in the group, after he tried to get personal with them!

I loved the Howard Stern, interview, where Ed mocked Mullet, by saying "you can`t be in two bands"! LOL

He also said, "Sauce boy can do what he likes now"! These comments shocked and outraged some Van Halen fans. (wik)

One review stated that Anthony had committed the ultimate sin, by not attending the Van Halen`s mother`s funeral!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

IMO, whatever Eddie did to Mike absolutely (from a longtime fan like myself) PALES in comparison to what he did to Dave in 1996.

I will never ever forgive Ed for that shit that was pulled, then again, we can also blame Al's ex-brother-in law manager.

And Eddie is still a dick -- Dave Roth back in VH and all.

But the circumstances surrounding the events that led to Mike's "exit" from the band are a combination of Eddie's willingness to play with Wolf, Eddie's longtime "unwritten" or "non-verbal" displeasure with Mike as bassist, and of course Mike's OWN complete removal of any communication with the brothers and his continued allegience with one Samuel Roy Hagar.

Let's be clear ONCE AGAIN:

Mike was (as reported in interviews with him circa 2005) displeased with his "demotion" from his place in VH (getting less of a cut from the 2004 tour profits and signing over rights to the usage of the VH name and logos, etc), he was also, again reported in that same interview and another with his buddy Sam, very displeased with Eddie's drunken actions throughout the 2004tour. Rightfully so, however, that should'nt have been surprising to Mike considering Ed has been drinking like a tank for years.

All this left Mike with a very bad taste in his mouth regarding ANYTHING Van Halen.

Now, we never heard of any mention from Mike that he made contact to the brothers after the tour. All roads point to that he didn't.

Mike continued to play with Sam, even so far as to call themselves "the Other Half" in 2006; which clearly was a slight against Eddie and Alex.

His actions spoke for themselves folks --- he acted as if he DIDN'T want to be part of Van Halen again and clearly was happy playing with Sammy.

So, when VH continues with Wolf on bass and brings back Dave, all of a sudden Mike is bitching and whining that he "only heard about it on the net" and so on.

What did he expect?? Did he expect Eddie to come running for him??? Did he think he was just as valuable to the original team as Dave was??? Clearly, Mike's motives and actions fucked himself over.

IMO, Mike thought VH was done so he moved on. All of a sudden...BOOM! Dave is back - sold out tour and so on.

Now, he's whining. Now, he plays the victim card and on and on.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Foot Soldier
                  • Jun 2007

Dave must also hate Fat Mullet, as he has stabbed Dave in the back, whenever, Dave was not part of the band!
                  He would kick Dave when he was down and out!
                  Mullet boasts he was the last member to accept Dave back in the band during the 1996 reunion! (to get Sam back in)
                  He also stirred shit between the bros and Dave during the 2000/2001 sessions.(to get Sam back in)!

Comment

• indeedido
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

He should have known better than to go out and call themselves the other half. I wish he was still in the band too, but he had to know that was going to put his ass in the sling. He didn't care at the time most likely because it didn't look like Ed was going to live much longer. As bad as it looked to us, can you imagine what it looked like from the inside to see the self destruction of Edward? Goodness.
                    This space for rent.

Comment

• SNIPER
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Whatever the reason is or was for MA not to be in the band any longer I can care less. MA was always to me the one member of the band that they could do without and it wouldnt matter. High back up vox? Big fucking deal how bout some solid bass playing. All of the live clips I have ever seen with MA were sloppy. He always had high end bass tone that was sounded like shit. Even Nikki Six sounds better just from his tone alone.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by 113
                        Well, the fact that Fat Pig was fired for snubbing Mrs Van Halen`s funeral, was stated in some of the Van Halen`s 2007/2008, concert reviews!

Ed and Al will never let Two Face back in the group, after he tried to get personal with them!

I loved the Howard Stern, interview, where Ed mocked Mullet, by saying "you can`t be in two bands"! LOL

He also said, "Sauce boy can do what he likes now"! These comments shocked and outraged some Van Halen fans. (wik)

One review stated that Anthony had committed the ultimate sin, by not attending the Van Halen`s mother`s funeral!
                        Most of the press reviews from the last tour are still available on-line... Provide a link if you can find one reference to this alleged funeral snub you keep spewing as fact... come on. Put up or shut up!!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by 113

!
                          Something "stated" in a review makes it a "fact" ????

katie, you're a fucking idiot.

seek help
                          Originally posted by Kristy
                          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                          Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Provide a link if you can find one reference to this alleged funeral snub you keep spewing as fact... come on.
                            Concur with Zah here, I never read that either!

Find a link?

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

On the other side of the broken slats, we do NOT know if the VH's snubbed Nathan Roth's funeral.

And if the two Roth boards going at the time both posted the time and the location, the VH's had no excuse short of a disinvite from attending.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Apr 2005

As The VH World Turns !! Who give's a shit !!?? I still love this site but some of this shit is silly !! Who went too who's funeral !! on and on. Whatever !! Ed wanted his kid in his band. It's really that simple folk's, So he never called Mike when they started to play again. And most of us hate it because it's not the original band. Well so what !! That band died the day Dave quit in 85 !! It wouldn't have been the same band in 1996, 2000 or 2007 !! Just the same face's. So if his kid can get the best out or them I say go for it. Bands change members all the time when the stay around along time. Ed is a great guitar player, but a liar for the most part. What's new ?? I still wonder why Dave want's to work with him. But what the hell, Dave and a good guitar player = good tunes. I'm selfish !! Bring it on !!

Comment

Working...