X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
    note to trolls: pepper your bullshit with West Wing references and you'll do ok.
    That's my philosophy...

When in doubt, WWJBD, What Would Jed Barlet Do......
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Fuck, if this is "inside info", I could pull off a better story from "inside" my ass. And it would probably stink less than this one.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Igosplut
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Why do I feel like I've regressed about ten years here???

Could it BE I've seen this before?.....

Maybe.
        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
          Why do I feel like I've regressed about ten years here???

Could it BE I've seen this before?.....

Maybe.
          Deja Vu, perhaps? Or better yet, Tabula Rasa?

Track listing

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Playboy
            Roadie
            • Feb 2010

I'll take the beatings and won't defend myself no longer. VA Beach sent me a thoughtful and informative pm and thanks to him. I'm going to reply to his pm very soon. Gotta admit I know what's true but even re-reading that other thread I see how people are pissed off. I'd be pissed too after looking at it and I understand.

My only question is how can I prove what I know? I can't get people to sign up here. I didn't record any conversations either. Anything I say is going to be called lies as well. How can I prove what I know? I don't have song titles or tour dates or album artwork pictures either. Never claimed that stuff exsists.

Just wanted to let people know that guys posting crap about Roth not being in the band and no music being worked on are wrong. 100% wrong.

Thanks.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

There is NO REASON whatsoever you can't tell us who you spoke with, and what the circumstances were.

See, that's the great thing about the internets. We could at least verify the person you claim gave you this info was in Chicago. Especially since you say it was one of the Big 4

Did you sign a non-disclosure form?
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Blackflag
                Banned
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Playboy
                My only question is how can I prove what I know? I can't get people to sign up here. I didn't record any conversations either. Anything I say is going to be called lies as well. How can I prove what I know? I don't have song titles or tour dates or album artwork pictures either. Never claimed that stuff exsists.
                Nobody asked you to "prove it," dickhead. But you refused to reveal your "secret information," or to say what your source was. So give us a fucking break.

"You got a lot of nerve coming here after what you pulled."

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Even if this dope came across the "info" in a compromising way, he could still reword things to avoid embarrassment. For instance, if he overheard Ed Van Halen yacking on his cellphone in the next stall as he (the poster) was either receiving some relief or servicing a sailor, he could always claim to have been washing his hands at the time. Then again no one would believe that either, as no sane person uses the sink in a public wash room. How do you think those faucet handles got so cruddy in the first place?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Igosplut
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Playboy

My only question is how can I prove what I know?
                    Jesus a fucking DOLLAR for every time I've heard this "insider info"

The anonymous person comes in as an anonymous poster and has info that they can't post because they can't be found out posting it???

And then they get mad because everybody has a negative reaction to the fact of them posting the "I know, but can't say" line??

Ya know in 96 it was big.......

In 2000 there was still anticipation of something big.....

2004 was a wet fart.....

2008 was half assed, but better

2010 most of us are too jaded to much give a fuck....
                    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• thome
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Mar 2005

It's a 50/50 split either way.

You have to have at least two items to enable, to lay down a bet or a "inside info" comment.

So jacking this playboy cat like you all have is at least 50% wrong.

Exactly 3 things could be taking place.

1. Vh could be working on songs.

2. VH could be not working on songs.

3. VH could be setting up for a tour or not.

Ok 4 things

4. VH could be doing everything or nothing else that could possibly be done by anyone in the history of the world.

OK 5 things

5. With or without Dave.

But that would just make it a 28% over/under on the juice.

So in conclusion I am confused and think I just lost my car on a horse race.

Lets Get Naked!!

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Dweezil Zappa was at your house and played you the new
                        Van Halen album, with Mike Anthony on bass !!!!!
                        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                          Dweezil Zappa was at your house and played you the new
                          Van Halen album, with Mike Anthony on bass !!!!!
                          Sadly, by not being much of a music fan in the first place, he mistook Zappa for that guy on CBS' NUMB3RS, and failed to notice that the album was in fact a beat up copy of Women & Children First.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Panamark
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Heck PM me in the next 10 minutes PB if you want it to
                            reach a senior mod here. After that Im off to bed.....
                            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Playboy
                              Roadie
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by thome
                              So jacking this playboy cat like you all have is at least 50% wrong.
                              Hopefully I'll be vindicated in the near future when the good news comes out. All the members that fired on me will be 100% wrong and are going to be eating some humble pie. I'll be politely serving lots of it too in a new thread. Hope all the people that fired on me show up and at least apologize to me. I won't be looking for "you called it" type responses either. A simple "sorry" will be fine.

Came here to share good news about my all time favorite band. Probably over thought my approach on going about it. No, not probably. I DID! Went the pm route because I thought that was the safe play. Instead it's been looked at like I was asking for special attention. Wanted to protect the integrity of the site so it wouldn't look foolish. If I was looking for some attention why would I volunteer to share my information to the powers that be in personal message form? My first action would have been to run to the main forum and post away screaming for attention. I tried to be extremely careful and do things properly and look what happened. I've seen some of the beatdowns that have been given out here. Not all of them but some. Do you guys really think I'd want to catch all the garbage I caught on Friday night? Best part is I ended up staying in the forum. I could've ran out like a coward after the major beating started. I stayed for over 4 hours!! Maybe when my integrity gets called out I feel the need to defend it. I'm no doctor. I'll never figure out why I gave up a full Friday night to take the abuse I took in that thread.

Wanted the people in charge at this site, a site where I've looked in at many times over the past 5 years, to have some cool news. Wanted to offer something as a little thanks for some good reading I've enjoyed here. No other reason. Well, that's not entirely correct because I also wanted to silence the fools that are saying DLR is out and nothing is going on with the band. Rest assured true classic fans that the idiots and dopes that are making or have made those claims are the liars.

I'll come forward with how I fell into my information after the good news is official. Why after? Because anything I post now will be taken suspiciously and called bullshit. People would be saying they've heard some stories before but this guy takes the cake. "What an asshole" "I hate you" "Liar" "Fraud" are just some of the responses I would catch. And those would be the mild replies.

I'd love to be able to disclose how I got my information. LoungeMachine said something like did I sign some type of agreement to shut my mouth. No, that didn't happen at all. However my new musician friend whom I broke bread with recently for over 5 hours is going to see that his new fan and friend protected his professional relationship. I'm going to inform him soon and let him see the abuse I caught in both of my created threads. I could probably ask to have him look in today but I'm not going to start calling in for favors. I don't operate that way and he already knows that because I politely declined some very generous offers already.

My new friend is a professional musician. Never caught this band's music before because I'm not into heavy metal. I'm going to look at some clips on youtube and see them in action now because now I'm interested in seeing him in action. Told some personal friends recently about this gentleman and they called me an ass for not knowing who the band is. Not my type of music but I'm going to give this band a listen now.

This new friend is now involved with my family. That's another major reason why I won't get into specifics about him. I need to respect the situation and I have and will continue to do so. Any man here with family would do the same as myself. If I met this new friend on the streets or at a bar then absolutely I would say what I learned. That's a totally different story and absolutely I could say who said what. ABSOLUTELY! Can you see now why I need to be guarded with my information? Makes sense now?!! I hope so.

My new friend was politely answering some fun questions about all kinds of cool topics. I finally had to ask about my favorite band and I did. To my amazement he's absolutely friends with my favorite band. Now here's the most crazy, ridiculous and unbelievable part of my story. His phone rang and it was a member of my all time favorite band calling him. He took the call and I instantly knew who it was because he laughed and flashed the iphone which had the member's name and personal type picture on it. We laughed because I just asked about my favorite band like 1 minute earlier. I was asked if I'd like to say hello but I couldn't speak because this hit me like a jab to the face. I froze up like a popsicle and all I could do was shake my head saying "no no no". I panicked.

The phone call lasted a couple minutes and it was a very family type conversation. This is another reason why I can't get into specifics. Make sense now? Hope so.

VA Beach guessed in his pm to me yesterday that if MA was my source. No it was not MA.

That's it and I hope my "story" is taken seriously because it is the truth. It's the best I can do and I'm sure most here will fire on it and me again. Have at it but I will not get involved with any more negative energy. Pointless and I try to be a positive person as it's good for the soul.

Now let's see. I spent an entire Friday evening and now an early Sunday morning typing away on my computer responding at a site where I am hated. Yeah, that reeks of a person looking for attention. Gimme a fucking break! C'mon guys!

Here is what I'm going to cleanup on because I've got some cash riding on this now. Got a couple pals calling me out and that's cool. Guess I was suppose to take pictures of my new music friend. Who rude what that've been to whip out a camera and do that?

My "VH. Bet on it" prop odds are:

New songs being worked on: Over/under 6? I'll take the over at 6 as that's what my new friend told me.

New songs that actually make it out on for us true fans to enjoy? I'll gamble on this because who knows because things can change instantly with that I'm guessing but I'll take the over at 6.

Will there be a tour? Yes or no? YES.

Will DLR be on that tour? YES.

That's it and make some friendly wagers with some friends and clean up. Let the fools continue to make good VH fans wonder and worry. Ain't no reason to worry and we will be getting all of the above I bet on. Wish I had a song title to share as that would be the best.

Thank you and good luck with the bets!

Comment

• Playboy
                                Roadie
                                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Panamark
                                Heck PM me in the next 10 minutes PB if you want it to
                                reach a senior mod here. After that Im off to bed.....
                                I'm sorry Panamark but I was busy typing away and carefully trying to explain myself. Missed your post. Thank you though for the offer. All I can say is what I just posted. If the mods here want they could remove my "VH: bet on it" thread because all the good fans and even the guys who fired on me have already seen it. All I ask is that it gets put back up and opened up when the good news is officially released. Hope we can all rejoice and share a laugh in that thread when the official word comes out. I hope it's sooner rather than later too.

I pm'd VA Beach with an offer to phone him but he declined. I am now glad he did that because he stated he needed to share any info with the members of the Army. Great smart answer by him. I never thought about what that would cause him but I was a little fired up when I made that offer to him. lol!

Comment

Working...