X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

True Dat!

And she would have had bassplayer's bass lines erased on all the original 6 albums.

Comment

• Golden AWe
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
      That Van Halen wife sure is a master of the media....
      I wonder if she swallows?
      Originally posted by Cato
      Golden, why are you FAT?
      Originally posted by lesfunk
      Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
        I wonder if she swallows?
        (In my best Dan impression...) How Rude !
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

LOL!

I would love to find out!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
            (In my best Dan impression...) How Rude !
            impressive, you sounded just like him.

These Halen folks really don't care about pissing off their fans basically because they know they can get away with it. Will people ever get fed up and refuse to buy their products to the point where it affects their bottom line? They know we want new music and if they had any sense they'd have let the rumor linger for a while before shooting it down. They don't care if they shit on the people who want their product. Look at all the people who lined their pockets with over 90 mil for the last tour. I would have been fine with the appreciate what you got viewpoint but they get in the press and said how they were driven and they would continue and it was all horseshit basically. Janie gives us one sentence. Helluva gig she's got eh?
            mixed signals and empty excuses
            it's really a shame

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

Someone needs to find a good photo and start a caption contest here in main. I need to work out some of this frustration.

RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                "What is going around is exactly that, rumors. I don't have any updates at this time," Janie Van Halen said.

We may be reading to much into this. She doesn't actually say there isn't any new album. She may be simply trying to dampen the rumors so she & her PR firm can be the ones that get to "announce" it and look great. Maybe she feels like rumors will steal her upcoming thunder.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ace diamond
                  Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                  ground floor?
                  only floor there is!
                  Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                  When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                  "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
                    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Ace's Dead Cat
                    Well we started out on the second floor, but you know Ace.
                    One night he sat down too fast and created a huge hole and now we live on the ground floor.

He wrote a song about it.
                    It was horrible.
                    i don't remember any of that shit ever happening.
                    i must have been blackout drunk and slant-eyed stoned and blasting "child in time" by deep purple on my phonograph.
                    next time, do the smart thing and run like hell for cover the fuck outta my damned way, you stupid fucking pussy!
                    Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

From VHND:

Van Halen News Desk addresses the new album rumors
                      Saturday, 10 July 2010

Van Halen - “We believe big time in publicizing the shit out of ‘we ain’t talkin’.’ First we make goddamn sure that everybody knows we ain’t saying anything…”

-David Lee Roth, 1997

We at the Van Halen News Desk feel that the majority of fans and even music news websites have misinterpreted Janie Van Halen’s recent statement. Many people are reacting as if Janie simply said that Van Halen is NOT making an album.

Janie gave a vague, two sentence statement to Rolling Stone: “What is going around is exactly that, rumors. I don’t have any updates at this time.” She did not deny the rumors. She didn’t confirm them, either.

The rock community is so hungry for new music from Van Halen that it believed what it wanted to hear. The rumor spread like wildfire. The fact that this was simply a rumor got lost in the excitement, and, in a matter of days, websites and countless radio stations were reporting the rumor as fact. Janie wanted to clarify that the news that was going around about a “new Van Halen album coming out next year” was only rumors and that it was not actual news that was put out by the band, and therefore not anything that people should count on.

If Van Halen is currently writing music for an album, you can bet that she would not admit it now. Van Halen is not the type of band that frequently gives their fans updates on what they are doing. That’s because they don’t want to say anything until their plans are 100% solid and everything is in place. If the band really is working on new music for an album, you wouldn’t hear it from them until the album is finished. They would not want to announce any plans that might not come to fruition.

For those who say that Van Halen must not care about the fans because they do not give them frequent updates… just the fact that Janie clarified that the “news” was just rumors proves that the band does care and doesn’t want misinformation spread. They don’t want want the fans to count on something happening that they didn’t say would happen.

Some loyal VHND readers have been asking us why we don’t simply contact Janie and ask her if anything is going on. Suffice to say, we do have a rapport with Janie, and if there was anything she wanted us to know at this time, she would let us know.

So, will we see a new Van Halen album and/or tour next year? The facts are, two guitarists who are friends with Eddie – Dweezil Zappa and John 5 – have both recently admitted to hearing new Van Halen material and that it was killer. That’s good sign. Time will tell.
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Well that's fucking huge relief to get 1st hand clarification that the lazy-assed Van Halens have nothing tangible to report. They take such good care of their fans...

I just can't imagine 3 grown men so utterly lacking motivation that they can go years without doing jack shit... No quicker way to fade away... they'd best be casket shopping...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Antman
                          Commando
                          • Jan 2004

On a lighter note, no news is good news. And I'm Gary Gnu
                          When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

[QUOTE=Va Beach VH Fan;1472474]From VHND:

Van Halen News Desk addresses the new album rumors
                            Saturday, 10 July 2010

For those who say that Van Halen must not care about the fans because they do not give them frequent updates… just the fact that Janie clarified that the “news” was just rumors proves that the band does care and doesn’t want misinformation spread. They don’t want want the fans to count on something happening that they didn’t say would happen.

QUOTE]

that is silly, the band cares so much that they would hate it if we thought we were gettin' new tunes? only if we aren't gettin' new stuff. otherwise the buzz builds the momentum to big things. big releases big tours big sales
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• vaijuju
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2008

And this comment from a source that contacted me over the weekend who had the chance to hear some new Van Halen material recently: "I heard pieces...one has one of the best guitar riffs I have heard Eddie lay down in a long time, it made the hair on my arms tingle. DLR sounded great as well."

http://www.melodicrock.com/ "van halen rumors 2011)
                              http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Antman
                                Commando
                                • Jan 2004

And the plot thickens...
                                When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

Working...