X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Please Speak To Us Dave.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ThatArtGuy
      I don't really care either way for the rest of the peanut gallery, but you *want* Dave to fail?
      I want this version of Van Halen to fail. I want this "version" of Van Halen flushed down the fucking toilet where it belongs.
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
        Sniper
        • Oct 2009

Van Halen will be Van Halen.
        Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

I still haven't forgiven Dave for lying to the fans (me included) when he said he'd "Never go back to Van Halen unless it was the original four members, because anything else would be anti-climatic/ripoff/cash grab/waste of time" (paraphrased, obviously, but his intent was the same).

To be 100% honest, as long as Shithead Jr. is in the band, they might as well got another lead singer or get Hagar back, frankly I'd prefer it. As long as Dave's in this band and it's not 100% VAN HALEN, it's a joke and it reflects very poorly on David that he'd involve himself with it like Eddie's good little bitch.

Frankly, that's about all I see Dave as anymore. Once he bent over, shut his trap and agreed to this travesty, that's all he became to me - a rabbit so desperate for the Van Halen carrot that'll he take any amount of sticks upside his head in order to get it.
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I can understand that point of view but I think Roth's decision was made easier by the way Anthony has acted like a total dick towards him for decades.

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              I can understand that point of view but I think Roth's decision was made easier by the way Anthony has acted like a total dick towards him for decades.
              Point taken.

Overall, though, these dudes are too fucking old to behave like children and I don't have the time nor the interest in supporting their daydreams that they're worthwhile without each other.
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• VanHalener
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

It's all a bunch of bullshit if it isn't the real Van Halen with all four original members.

Fuck off Ed. I will not buy a fucking thing either. I may steal it from the net, but you are not getting my cash you selfish fuck!

Van Halen is

DLR

AVH

MIA

EVH

Anything else is Bullshit!
                Last edited by VanHalener; 07-05-2010, 09:38 PM.
                ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• lesfunk
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

A new album must actually exist before I can decide to purchase it or not
                  http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2006

I feel like I've been Frankenstriped.

EVH: We got Tshirts too!!!
                      "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by GreenBayLA
                        I feel like I've been Frankenstriped.

EVH: We got Tshirts too!!!

The guy will sell us anything he possibly can with the Van Halen name, except for the thing we actually want....a new album.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by bueno bob
                          Point taken.

Overall, though, these dudes are too fucking old to behave like children and I don't have the time nor the interest in supporting their daydreams that they're worthwhile without each other.
                          Problem is that they made too much money and by appealing to the lowest common denominator with the Hagar soccer mom music they kept the big crowds.

The other bands that you see now able to get over their differences need the money or the adulation from playing big crowds again, Roth did too but the Van Halens don't.

Comment

• Blaze
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Are you promoting a communist music industry?
                            Too much money? Really? Really?
                            What you have is issues with the ~x~ has chosen to take his OWN PERSONAL path.
                            You do not know why "they" have decided “they” do not want to work at that vocation any longer.
                            You can rest assured that it is not because a person does not want more money.

What you say when they have "too much money" is that the conditions are not suitable to continue a professed vocation.
                            He is not without the tools. It is that he is no longer trapped or forced to perform his CHOSEN vocation at another’s DEMANDS.

Face the facts, the business model of the music industry is and was broken. More and more artists are walking away once they get their pennies in order, if they can. That leaves only the vilest of things to blackmail with because bribes aren't working.

It is not "they" who keep the sounds from publication; it is the constraints that bind "they"

You, of all people, know it is bullshit when you say, "too much money". I do not think you will find one person that will say "No thanks. I do not want any more money" What you will find is that when able, by strength, grace, or ability; “they” will say "No thank you, it's not worth the money"

Now, if you want to discuss WHY the industry is so bad that once clear of the original debt artists walk away in DROVES.
                            That might be a conversation, but to perpetuate the MYTH that "they" do not want more money is preposterous and quite frankly annoying.

After a while the lies and bullyrag become clear what they are, damn near cult manipulation tools.
                            Last edited by Blaze; 07-06-2010, 07:20 AM.
                            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                            sigpic

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

yesterday I was to a concert watching a man who made a shitload of money and who is still playing his ass off...and it was fucking STELLAR (as Mr. Roth would say)...oh...and he made a new album recently and gives a shit what the music biz is like nowadays what =VH= could do also...

make music...just for the fun of it...and maybe sell it through the Rolling Stone Magazine...just like the man who played one of the best concerts I've ever seen yesterday...

P R I N C E
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Blaze
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lc_OZLcJ0zk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719& amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lc_OZLcJ0zk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719& amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
                                "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...