• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Antman
    And the plot thickens...
    Or the bullshit gets deeper...depending on how jaded your point of view happens to be....
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Here's the actual article.... Lemme just say, a Triumph/VH tour would be out-fucking-standing....

Nothing going on in the world of Van Halen? Not on the surface maybe, but this from a brand new interview with Triumph frontman Rik Emmett:
      "We're scheduled to go for a dinner tonight with a couple of guys from Live Nation that have flown into town and want to take us to dinner. I'm sure there's going to be some sort of a pitch. The rumours that have been sort of blowing in the wind are that Van Halen want to go back out yet again next year, but they're going to need some sort of support to make the packaging a little more interesting. Because Triumph hasn't really ever toured in any kind of a nostalgia way, I think Live Nation kind of goes, "Oh, yeah, you guys would be perfect for that." So, we'll see sort of the size and the shape and the glitter of the golden carrots that they have."
      Full interview at: https://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifesty...Rik-Emmett-713.
      Awesome shit, VA!! Now that's an idea I could really sink my teeth into. Triumph rocks...and I've always liked Rik Emmett. Vastly underrated by many, in my opinion.

That would be a hell of a show.
      Originally posted by perilouspete
      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• jero
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

That would be stellar

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Annnnnnnnnnd, it's already spread...

Two big speculations come out of Gibson.com's new interview with Triumph's Rik Emmett. One big story is that the band may reunite for a major tour next year. The even bigger news it that tour may be with Van Halen.

Here is that part of the interview: We're scheduled to go for a dinner tonight with a couple of guys from Live Nation that have flown into town and want to take us to dinner," Emmett tells Gibson.com. "I'm sure there's going to be some sort of a pitch. The rumors that have been sort of blowing in the wind are that Van Halen want to go back out yet again next year, but they're going to need some sort of support to make the packaging a little more interesting.

"Because Triumph hasn't really ever toured in any kind of a nostalgia way, I think Live Nation kind of goes, 'Oh, yeah, you guys would be perfect for that.' So, we'll see sort of the size and the shape and the glitter of the golden carrots that they have." - The interview covers a lot of other ground, check it out here
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

A VH-Triumph tour would be awesome.
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• WACF
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

I heard an interview with Mike Levine a few weeks back on XM...he said they want to tour but would not go out unless they could bring along their big production and make it a Triumph show...they are not interested in doing clubs or small shows.

He also admited the interest in just a Triumph show was not huge enough to warrant big venues...so...this adds up.

I can see this happening...just the fact Rik mentioned it must mean something.
              By far the most promising news I heard as far VH goes since the last tour.

Comment

• fwacf
                Roadie
                • Jul 2004

Wouldn't surprise me if Ray Daniels was somewhere in the background behind this Tour!
                When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2006

Countdown to the next Janie non-announcement...
                  "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

Working...