• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    For a band their size Van Halen did very little international touring unless you count Canada.

Roth did his fair share but not Van Halen.
    As far as I know, they hit Europe/Japan in 78, 79, 80, skipped 81 & 82, but hit South America in early 83 for a handful of shows and were back in Europe for MOR in 84.. 4 out of 6 albums ain't bad... just sayin'

Didn't Dave say something to the effect of it was getting too expensive to haul the Mighty Van Halen massive production across the ocean?

The soggy-toast-limp-dick van hagar, on the other hand, got to open for fucking Bon Jovi in Europe. Well done, guys.
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Kelly
      Groupie
      • Jan 2004

Just got my ticket to the Perth show.

I've done my bit, now the band just needs to show up!

Dan, my fellow Kiwi, I'm living in Karratha, north Western Australia for a couple of years.

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Originally posted by Kelly

Dan, my fellow Kiwi, I'm living in Karratha, north Western Australia for a couple of years.
        Fucking GRATZ dude. Working on my end......starting to save money.

<object width="464" height="388" id="182483" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" alt="Stop Motion Piano And Drums Funny Videos"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/MTgyNDgz"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/MTgyNDgz" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess=always width="464" height="388"></embed></object><br><font size=1><a href="http://www.break.com/index/stop_motion_piano_and_drums.html" target="_blank">Stop Motion Piano And Drums</a> - <a href="http://www.break.com/" target="_blank">Funny Videos</a></font>
        Last edited by SunisinuS; 07-08-2011, 10:38 PM. Reason: I call everybody Dude.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kelly

Sweet As,Kelly.

Glad Thar You Are Enjoying OZ.

Have A Sweet As Time Watching Van Halen.Much Sure You Get Some Pictures For Us
          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• fifth element
            Commando
            • Nov 2010

trying to save, here....if my car and household appliances would stop breaking down would be easier.
            “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Refreshing tweet from one of the Soundwave Revolution organizers... As John McClain said, "Welcome to the party, pal"......

I must say, for one of the world's biggest bands, Van Halen are surrounded by idiots.

2 months after announcement stll can't get the dates on their site despite daily promises...
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Wow, that's refreshing all right. Refreshingly (as well as startlingly and remarkably) unprofessional and dumb. I mean think about it for a moment: How would you like it if some fellow you'd entered into a business agreement with decided to blab details regarding it in a self-serving and highly public move like that? Brilliant. Now if the ever-so-touchy VH brain trust decides to bail on one or all of the shows, to their point of view they have the ammunition. Don't laugh, people in the group's camp have been fired for much less.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• SunisinuS
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • May 2010

Unfortunate. Hope VH does not have to deal with bad management for the whole tour cycle again. Fragile.
                  Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

That can't be good...
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                      That can't be good...

But we are talking about Van Halen. What is more surprising to you....this tweet above?

Or if the guy would have said "wow! Thank Van Halen & their team for really taking the ball on this one and being proactive. They have been more helpful than we could ever hope or dream for. Thanks VH!"

yeah....team of idiots fits more precisely.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

It's really a good thing Eddie & Alex are so talented and were able to become rich. Can you imagine these dip-wads as regular schmoes trying to do a normal job?
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                          It's really a good thing Eddie & Alex are so talented and were able to become rich. Can you imagine these dip-wads as regular schmoes trying to do a normal job?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

An expert is an idiot who was smart enough to focus on their strong points.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

"Van Ha_____™" hasn't been "one of the world's biggest bands" since at least the 1990s because they surround themselves with idiots...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Maybe he's insulting Janie.

LOL
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...