X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

Originally posted by jhale667
    Actually, even in the "good ol' days" it was not completely unusual for a band on the verge of debuting a new release to play a few shows here and there prior to said release. Generates interest at home and abroad...
    How do you know they haven't?

Remember Dave is leader of this band again. I would not even discount a Cinco de Mayo encounter.....but I will state: No Tequila was served.
    Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-12-2011, 09:04 PM. Reason: Professional Musicians tend to throw it out to their friends and family first...just to watch what happens...
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Put this show on the road already. One of the greatest shows Ive ever seen was GNR before the illusion albums were released. Its an added bonus to hear brand new tunes BEFORE they are made public.Makes those bucks you pay for tix a bit more reasonable.

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Oh..and opening tune will be " Hot for Teacher"

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU AUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Halen High
            Commando
            • Jul 2004

I like how the promoters are letting everyone know it's Van Halen with David Lee Roth. Unlike the US, Australian radio does not play much CVH and a Dave-fronted VH has NEVER played here. There is a strong, core CVH fan base Down Under and a lot of young people who like classic hard rock are discovering the CVH era. But I suspect that most of the general hard rock audience in Australia was not aware that Dave is back. The announcement is already generating a lot of excitement here. I've had friends call me who are not big VH fans to say they are definately going because it's Dave-VH.

Comment

• Halen High
              Commando
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by mh5150
              If the dates are in september that means they would start rehearsals at least 60 days in advance that puts it in july so we are looking at new music soon. Somebody somewhere will hear the new music and put it at there .
              Setlist anyone
              I would not rule out some live dates in the US before they leave for Australia. Late August-early September? Or is that not possible?

I think the setlist will include 2 or 3 new tunes and 2 or 3 classics not played on the last tour.

Comment

• Halen High
                Commando
                • Jul 2004

[QUOTE=VanHalener;1541316]I love Australia.
                Hope you cats have a fooking kick arse time and rock your guts out!

Thanks and we will - after a beer or two or three or ten......

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                  Remember Dave is leader of this band again.
                  Let's not get delusional... at best a sub-contractor.
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Stickying....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• SunisinuS
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      Confused aren't you? Even the rotund one knows this.
                      Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-13-2011, 09:50 AM. Reason: Roth On
                      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• indeedido
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo

This space for rent.

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Hey look! Ed is alive and at large...

Mike McCready tweeted this yesterday...
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Etienne
                            Commando
                            • Aug 2010

Yes, that's how I like to see Ed!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                                Confused aren't you? Even the rotund one knows this.
                                Not at all... and you don't put much confidence in what a former, disgruntled employee who took down the company says either.

It's a common management practice... you only allow paid consultants or sub-contractors to publicly represent your company on rare occasions like a special product release. ie... 2007 VH Tour press conference. Beyond that you're shuffled to the back room and paid well to shut up and be amazing at what you do. You don't get to attend core team meetings, social lunches nor the company picnic...

Tell me you've seen anything but that from Roth the last 4 years..?
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...