X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WACF
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mosh51501984
    The answer should have been why? This is the Original - NO ONE CARES!! I will Bet you DLR has never heard a request for Dreams etc. BUT Hagar has heard multipile requests for the 6 pack
    Without question...

Comment

• mosh51501984
      Full On Cocktard
      • Nov 2010

Ed Trunk is all about Flavor of the month- hes a whiney lil bitch the kid you made fun of cuz he sat on the sidelines in gym class- while we are on Trunk last TMS they had best car song- How the Fuck do you not have Panama on that list! But of course Trunk had i cant drive 55; god i hate that fucking song and it aint metal! its pablum it dont hold up-

Comment

• njbill
        Full On Cocktard
        • Mar 2006

Being a fan of that abortion from 1985-2006 (minus the 2 dave songs) is almost as unfathomable to me as sticking my cock in another mans ass.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by njbill
          Being a fan of that abortion from 1985-2006 (minus the 2 dave songs) is almost as unfathomable to me as sticking my cock in another mans ass.

Wait until you do a stint in prison. Oh, you'll get ass fucked in the shower.....but even in prison you won't be subjected to Van Hagar.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

I don't know who is worse, Eddie Trunk or Mancow.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
              You don't get it, do you? That is the only kind of "interview" Axl will sit for. If somebody tried to get tough with him he'd rip off the mike and walk.

And that there is the fine line. You have to keep your guests in the chair or you have no show. You have to make them feel like they can return. I'd cut him slack on Axl. Might be a few others just as bad as well. You do what you have to do to get to talk with that person at all.

However, an expert interviewer knows how to cross that line & keep the guest comfortable enough to open up & not leave. Trunk isn't a great interviewer...nor do I think he pretends he is. He's just some douche bag fanboy that got lucky enough to get the show of a lifetime & meet all the rock heroes.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

The only two DJs that have ever done an excellent job at interviewing rockstars would be Jim Ladd and Howard Stern.

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
                  And that there is the fine line. You have to keep your guests in the chair or you have no show. You have to make them feel like they can return. I'd cut him slack on Axl. Might be a few others just as bad as well. You do what you have to do to get to talk with that person at all.
                  And I think with Mr Rose that line is WAAAAAAAAAY off center. If you don't pander to him he won't play at all. I seriously think he's mentally unbalanced.

As for Trunk, if you listen to him talk he's quick to admit that he's just an average guy who got extremely lucky and I'm ok with that. If I were in his position I probably wouldn't do any better and I might even be a bit biased myself, although in a different direction for sure.
                  "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Jim Ladd was just that good that he could ask about anything and his guest would answer......but then, Jim did not go overboard with the tough questions.

Now Howard Stern....this is the same guy who would not stop asking Milton Berle about his legendary schlong, and Uncle Miltie got so mad he just walked out because Howard would not let up on him!

Comment

• philouze
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2004

Can you picture Trunk asking Ace Frehley about his schlong ? Oh wait, he's already sucking it...

Comment

• smorgdonkey
                        Roadie
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                        Who the fuck has been "inspired" by Van HAGAR and Hagar in general?
                        Listen, I was inspired by Sammy...I dressed up in some women's clothing and put a poodle on my head. Eddie liked it so much he got me to sing in the band a couple of times when Sam had Tequila-itis back in 1987.

If Eddie is really clean and sober now he should slap himself in the head and face really hard for pulling the BS in 1985 to F things up with Dave. Dave wanted to keep playing and the guys wanted to take a break so Dave goes to do something else and then Ed wants to fire things up again because Roth was EVERYWHERE in the media at the time. Ol' Eddie ego got all shitty pants'd and wanted to be the control freak.

There's no reason not to trust Dave's story of what happened and there's every reason not to believe Eddie's story because Ed has proven time and time again that he is a liar.

Comment

• philouze
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2004

OK, enough of VH already, gettin' back to Eddie "I don't want to get in this" Trunk...

Comment

• TJMKID
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mosh51501984
                            Ed Trunk is all about Flavor of the month- hes a whiney lil bitch the kid you made fun of cuz he sat on the sidelines in gym class- while we are on Trunk last TMS they had best car song- How the Fuck do you not have Panama on that list! But of course Trunk had i cant drive 55; god i hate that fucking song and it aint metal! its pablum it dont hold up-

The more I hear about Trunk and the pussy-ass shit he features on his show ---- the more I never wanna see him within 1000 yds. of Van Halen again

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Trunk's show is pretty damn terrible.

I could really give a shit less if he likes Van Hagar - to each his own, I guess.
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Whorehey
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2012

I stopped watching it when it went to an hour. I felt dumber after watching it.
                                The whole "Top 5 things I like to put in my ass while I'm listening to the new UFO" bit, ugh.
                                The last ep I watched I had to endure "Hey Phil Collen, take us out".
                                Here, read this question I wrote on a card backstage. If I get it right, you can reach into this box and pull out...a copy of my new book!
                                Don't get me started on the "box of junk" chick...I liked the first one better
                                'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

Working...