X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHscraps
    Veteran
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Unchainme
    Alice Cooper's show was fun when I had heard it.

He seems to like the deep cuts and even played "Me Wise Magic" once when I was listening.
    I've been listening to Alice's show recently while working in the evenings (I think it is the same show syndicated all over) and he's been playing 'Top Jimmy' - heard it several times in recent weeks. I don't think I had ever heard it on radio before - it actually sounds like nothing else, that tune. He always has some VH - 'Where Have All the Good Times Gone', herd him playing that several times recently as well.

Alice has a good radio voice, and he's a 'good companion' in that kind of radio way. I never feel like hitting the off-switch, whereas with other DJs it is frequently THEM (and not the music) that makes want to slam the sound off ...
    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• philouze
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Whorehey
      Don't get me started on the "box of junk" chick...I liked the first one better
      RIP Kerry Leigh "From Tennessee" Tucker...

And Collen sounded like shit. Could have played with Chickenshit.

Comment

• tod
        Roadie
        • Mar 2004

Sam wanted to come to the DLRML Con a few times but Kari told him there was a dress code which excluded dressing like the pool boy.

Originally posted by fifth element
        oh, brother....

any comments about Sammie's stage presence?
        other than the fact that he sat there and agreed w/ every comment made to him...
        no origional thoughts at all.

Comment

• Julius
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2004

Fuck Trunk, the guy is a thin-skinned pussy. The playlist on his Sirius XM show is usually good, better than that of the channel it plays on.

But the guy is a Grade A douchebag of Hagarian proportions.
          Last edited by Julius; 01-08-2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• TJMKID
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Julius
            Fuck Trunk, the guy is a thin-skinned pussy. The playlist on his Sirius XM show is usually good, better than that of the channel it plays on.

But the guy is a Grade A douchebag of Hagarian proportions.

Trunk needs to grow a spine and realize he has a national TV show that gets attention by people who are passionate about rock music --- and we dont like pussy-ass fan boys who lob softballs all day.

He can be firm but polite and still earn respect as an interviewer. Here's how "That Metal Show" with Hagarita should have gone:

Trunk: "So Sammy, in your book you mentioned Van Hagar sold more albums than the Roth-era of Van Halen"
            Hagar: "Yes, I did write that. I've always said that."
            Trunk: "I checked the official sales numbers at the RIAA website and they show Roth-era sold 39 million units and Van Hagar albums sold 18 million. So how do you explain your claim?"
            Hagar: "Uhh --- well --- I didnt know anything about the RIAA --- you sure those numbers are accurate?"
            Trunk: "Yes, Sam --- go look for yourself."
            Hagar: "Uhh --- well --- I will have to check it out for myself. But Van Hagar did have four #1 albums ya know."
            Trunk: "Yes, I know that --- but you made claims about Van Hagar out-selling Roth-era and it's simply not true."
            Hagar: "OK, well --- I guess I stand corrected. I'll have to get back to you."
            Trunk: "OK, Sam --- but let's move on to another claim in your book where you stated you were as popular in 1984 as Van Halen."
            Hagar: "<under his breath> oh shit!"
            Trunk: "Ha ha, sorry just doin' my job here, Sammy"

Comment

• mosh51501984
              Full On Cocktard
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by TJMKID
              Trunk needs to grow a spine and realize he has a national TV show that gets attention by people who are passionate about rock music --- and we dont like pussy-ass fan boys who lob softballs all day.

He can be firm but polite and still earn respect as an interviewer. Here's how "That Metal Show" with Hagarita should have gone:

Trunk: "So Sammy, in your book you mentioned Van Hagar sold more albums than the Roth-era of Van Halen"
              Hagar: "Yes, I did write that. I've always said that."
              Trunk: "I checked the official sales numbers at the RIAA website and they show Roth-era sold 39 million units and Van Hagar albums sold 18 million. So how do you explain your claim?"
              Hagar: "Uhh --- well --- I didnt know anything about the RIAA --- you sure those numbers are accurate?"
              Trunk: "Yes, Sam --- go look for yourself."
              Hagar: "Uhh --- well --- I will have to check it out for myself. But Van Hagar did have four #1 albums ya know."
              Trunk: "Yes, I know that --- but you made claims about Van Hagar out-selling Roth-era and it's simply not true."
              Hagar: "OK, well --- I guess I stand corrected. I'll have to get back to you."
              Trunk: "OK, Sam --- but let's move on to another claim in your book where you stated you were as popular in 1984 as Van Halen."
              Hagar: "<under his breath> oh shit!"
              Trunk: "Ha ha, sorry just doin' my job here, Sammy"

The return of Roth to the band means that the group's entire history with Sammy Hagar (not to mention Gary Cherone) has essentially been erased

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz1izBJXlIH

Comment

• tod
                Roadie
                • Mar 2004

Van Halen is cool like this www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvx24D_k0XE
                Van Hagar sucks like this www.youtube.com/watch?v=62TqOlI3a7k

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Dec 2005

Sammy Hagar is a big amount of crap, just like his Red Rcockers Van Hagar/Chickenfoot fans
                  www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Well look who showed up... that crazy Brazilian!!
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• chuckie lee
                      Groupie
                      • Jan 2012

A couple of weeks ago I posted on that metal shows comment section on the Brian Johnson episode... He did not respond to my post either. They are strict on the language in so far as what words you could use, so it was a clean reaming, yet still, a reaming...... I do like Florentine....

Comment

• gbranton
                        Veteran
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by philouze
                        Can you picture Trunk asking Ace Frehley about his schlong ? Oh wait, he's already sucking it...
                        Hey, hey. What's the matter with Ace Frehley?
                        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• philouze
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2004

I got no problem whatsoever with Ace. Just that Trunk keeps on sucking his balls all the time "I signed him, he's my old friend, every little thing he does is magic..."
                          Trunk is an annoying burger bag. And Ace is Ace !! Love that Space Bear tune...

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2006

Back pedaling? Good to hear Trunk is getting some exercise.
                            "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• philouze
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by GreenBayLA
                              Good to hear Trunk is getting some exercise.
                              Amen to that. Post of the month.

Comment

• mosh51501984
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Nov 2010

@eddietrunk: As of now what I heard of any new VH songs is less than impressive, but making no judgements until I hear the full album. Want it 2 B great.

"Now that NEW UFO OMFG" im gonna go blow my self now!

Comment

Working...