Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

I may be in the minority but i just want to grab the cd and dissappear for awhile like a monk in the mountains. I'll come down when i understood the full meaning of the truth...A Different Kind that is.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• hambon4lif
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Originally, I was going to celebrate by hitting the Hard Rock after work and knocking back a few shots. But I just hooked up my Cerwin-Vega earthquake cabinets to my home system, which was already a fuckin' sonic menace to begin with.
      So I'm just gonna bring it home Tuesday night and play it for the benefit of my neighborhood.

Comment

• 1971Quarter
        Roadie
        • Feb 2006

Yeah I read the thread title wrong ... I won't listen to ANY MORE samples!!! I've heard enough ...

Comment

• neuralfraud
          Head Fluffer
          • Aug 2010

I will be blasting the CD in my car on the way home from work tuesday

I wonder if the local music shop will have some sort of listneing party...

I walked in to the local sam ash the other day to find LWAN on the tv and it being blasted. I hate. sammy. hagar. i hate his gay stage act and his gay jumping jacks. Would be interesting to get an entire music store into a barbrawl over DLR vs spambo... hm.. better start planting the seeds. If any sammy fans are in there, they'll pop out of the woodwork the moment they hear roth.

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
            I may be in the minority but i just want to grab the cd and dissappear for awhile like a monk in the mountains. I'll come down when i understood the full meaning of the truth...A Different Kind that is.
            I may steal that idea, bro

....I'd add booze and bud to the mix but that's just me
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Luke D
              Full On Cocktard
              • Jan 2012

I work from home, so all day Tuesday that bitch is gonna be cranked.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

I will be in Vegas. I will walk over to the Miracle Mile Shops at the Planet Hollywood hotel

and hopefully purchase my copy there. Following that, I just might pop into the Cabo Wabo

Cantina for a beverage, and ask if they might be so kind as to pop it into their cd player for

a listen.
                WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Luke D
                  I work from home, so all day Tuesday that bitch is gonna be cranked.
                  ...me too, and getting paid for posting here...plus listening to the album
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Northern Girl
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Should be available everywhere, right? I haven't heard otherwise. I have a Target 5 minutes away, so I'll be there at 8 a.m.

I took the day off from work. Since I've heard at least part of all songs at least once {I've been restraining myself some} I'm going to start with the DVD. I'm really anxious to see what's on that. Hopefully some surprises.

It will be Van Halen all day by myself soaking it in, touching myself as provoked, with no phones, no TV and none of you.
                    Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Partial game plan for February 7, 2012:

5 AM: Wake, bake, shower and shake.
                      5:30 AM: Get clothes on, grab 50 dollar bill off dresser, head to Walmart for 6 AM opening.
                      5:50 AM: Join growing mob of Van Halen fans and early rising octogenarians in front of store.
                      6 AM: As doors open, rush to music section of store.
                      6:02 AM: Not finding album, grab confused Walmart employee by collar, demand entrance to stockroom.
                      6:07 AM: Grab two copies of said album (One with t-shirt, second with DVD)
                      6:10 AM: Hand by now soggy 50 dollar bill to sleepy, overweight woman with mustache at check out, get change.
                      6:30 AM: Return home, rip open package with shirt, throw purchases under bed.
                      9 AM: Report for work wearing new VH shirt, self-consciously betraying work mandated rules for attire, stay away from internet at all cost.
                      9:03 AM - 5:20 PM: Muddle through job as clock ticks by ever-so-slowly, anticipation building to nerve-shattering levels.
                      5:30 PM: Leave work, head to liquor store, purchase bottle(s) of anything and glazed donut, to go.
                      6 PM: Return home, lock doors, open windows, order pizza or calzone, blast album and become intoxicated, repeating latter two steps until time for work, next AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

I have one prediction only about this album.......

Feb 8th there are going to be some miserable, hungover bastards out there!

If you see anyone with blurry puffy red eyes just give a gentle nod because that person is probably a fan

Comment

• private parts
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2007

CRANKED up all the way to 12!
                          sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kwame k

If you see anyone with blurry puffy red eyes just give a gentle nod because that person is probably a fan
                            Yep, already took the unprecedented step of informing my boss and co-workers that I might be a tad out of sorts Wednesday, February 8th. This was met with a surprising amount of sympathy and understanding. I work for and with some damned good people.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jagermeister
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Two things.

1. I have no really super plans made for listening to this album but I admire those who do.

2. Where is PetesBrother at?

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by kwame k

Feb 8th official van hangover day
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...