How Will You First Listen To ADKOT?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourthcoming

Yea man....I'm not ready...maybe won't ever be ready to start saying "7" pack just cuz it's a different and new era in Vh history..I grew up with the 6 pack....those times and those albums mean alot to me....this album means alot to me but it's different and not in a bad way at all.....but this album sounds like all killer no filler.....the one thing it will have in common with VH 1978-1984 is there will be no lousy songs.....no more "love walks in" ....etc....those days are behind us....THANK GOD.....I haven't been this excited to go buy a new cd in a long ass time....takes me back to the good old days of being a dirtbag in my youth.

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by bru87tr
      It doesn't ruin it for me at all, it is only 1:30 clips and I still have complete songs to hear. I don't feel like I am ruining anything, it just pumps me up more and creats a personal buzz.
      Read you loud and clear Bru. Not saying previews ruin the overall experience, just different strokes for how Army members want to take in their first listen. I'm kind of old-school about how I approach new albums. As I'm sure you remember, back in the day, other than midnight dj's, we seldom got any kind of sneak preview of new albums other than the single you heard on the radio. I realize it doesn't work that way now (and it takes some will-power to stick to it, I'll say that.) Previews are like I said in another thread: they make ADKOT seem like an old friend that shows up at your door out of the blue, ready to party. You feel like you've known this guy all your life, but there's still so much to catch up on...
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

I really hope Dave took the reigns & there is some type of cd booklet inside with pics & stuff that I can stare at in the parked car while cranking the album.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• SNIPER
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

Ha! Anybody remember having to sit in your room with a radio all night waiting for a new VH song so you can hit record on the tape deck?

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

All the time to Casey Kasem's Top 40
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• bru87tr
              Commando
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
              Read you loud and clear Bru. Not saying previews ruin the overall experience, just different strokes for how Army members want to take in their first listen. I'm kind of old-school about how I approach new albums. As I'm sure you remember, back in the day, other than midnight dj's, we seldom got any kind of sneak preview of new albums other than the single you heard on the radio. I realize it doesn't work that way now (and it takes some will-power to stick to it, I'll say that.) Previews are like I said in another thread: they make ADKOT seem like an old friend that shows up at your door out of the blue, ready to party. You feel like you've known this guy all your life, but there's still so much to catch up on...
              I remember those days like yesterday!!! I still don't feel old, but my kids say I am from the olden days. Didn't we tell that to our parents ? lol......

I just can't keep away from clips that are sitting in front of me begging to hit play. It is just too easy these days online. It is like a drink, I just can't say no and I just can't have one.

Serve it up!!!

I don't know how some of you guys are doing it.
              "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

In a way this album may be better than a Roth Halen follow-up to 84 because Eddie was just getting going on keyboard based tunes and there would have been a few of them on there for sure. This way we get none.

Comment

• bru87tr
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                  Damn, Thats some will power bro! haha. HoneyBabySweetieDoll is also a groovy beast. Can't wait to see where else that one takes me.
                  I read somewhere that out of all the tunes, that was the one to skip. By the title I thought maybe it would be.

It is actually a cool tune!!!
                  "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Little Texan
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by bru87tr
                    I read somewhere that out of all the tunes, that was the one to skip. By the title I thought maybe it would be.

It is actually a cool tune!!!
                    Whoever said that must have only heard the 30 second clip. That was also my reaction to it until I heard the 90 second clip.

Comment

• Whorehey
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2012

Mrs. Whorehey just ordered the dee-luxe package from
                      Amazon for me. Guaranteed to arrive on the release date.

Or I'm getting anal
                      'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• chi-town324
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Feb 2007

i bought van halen 1 and 2 on 8 track!

Comment

• Zing!
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by chi-town324
                          i bought van halen 1 and 2 on 8 track!
                          Next time I go to my folk's house I'm climbing up into the crawlspace and digging out that old cardboard box with my vinyl albums in it. I have the 6-pack in there that I'm thinking would look outstanding framed and hung on the wall in the Garage Majal.
                          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Damn....I remember an older kid on my block had vhII blasting on his record player as we all sat around in his parents garage...I was 6 friggin years old...he told me..."if you wanna be cool, listen to Van Halen"........I don't know if I'm cool but I owe that dude a hearty thank you.....and damn was his little sister hot!!!

Comment

• kingedward
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Jan 2012

I ordered delivery on release day, So I'll have a half day on 2/7, And will welcome my neighbors to A Different Kind Of Truth, With my Carver Amps, And JBL monitors.

Comment

• chi-town324
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zing!
                                Next time I go to my folk's house I'm climbing up into the crawlspace and digging out that old cardboard box with my vinyl albums in it. I have the 6-pack in there that I'm thinking would look outstanding framed and hung on the wall in the Garage Majal.
                                that would be stellar

Comment

Working...