Van Halen--TOUR REHEARSAL--LA--FORUM--2/8/12--Roth Army Exclusive!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Jeff's video of "China Town" from VHND....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jagermeister
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Jeff's video of "China Town" from VHND....
      Dave better watch that sliding crap. Hate to see him pull a Tyler.

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

It's a valid point, though... Dave did sound a bit off during one or two of the new songs...
        That's basically what one of my friends that was there said too...(paraphrasing) "The band was incredible, Roth was Roth live - hit and miss, but good. The headset's kinda Broadway..." He wasn't completely infuriated by it though, unlike some here...
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Here's the other one.

Dave seems to have had a weak night on the new songs.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/gPWpWvLuJyA?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/gPWpWvLuJyA?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

• FALCO
            Groupie
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
            That's basically what one of my friends that was there said too...(paraphrasing) "The band was incredible, Roth was Roth live - hit and miss, but good. The headset's kinda Broadway..." He wasn't completely infuriated by it though, unlike some here...
            I think that is what may be getting to many, including me... David Lee Roth is the ONLY frontman for Van Halen, and I feel he carried the weight in 07/08 and really kicked ass... now, after EVH has his magic back (insanely) and Wolf is showing he has the bass chops (see the China Town vid) and is locked in with Uncle Al, it seems Dave has withered a bit... I understand the age thing, it happens... but for Christ sake, sing in a lower register, stop jazz handing it up and dancing like Steve Martin in The Jerk and just grab a mic and stand there and fucking belt out the DLR growl and COMMAND THE COOL that you always were!!! The band is a frieght train... Dave (LIVE) is currently bringing up the caboose in my eyes and ears... and as I've said too many times so far, that bothers me...

\m/ \m/
            Last edited by FALCO; 02-10-2012, 11:46 AM.
            NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
            'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
            "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I really hope they don't drop Blood and Fire because of Dave's singing...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Yeah, you can hear it pretty clearly on that one.... A little strainy....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  Dave seems to have had a weak night on the new songs.
                  Not to make excuses for him, but let's also recall that's probably THE first time he's performed the new songs in front of an audience... I'm sure they'll improve quickly.
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Yeah, you can hear it pretty clearly on that one.... A little strainy....
                    I think it was a combination of perhaps being a litle under the weather and also the much-maligned headset did stop working during a song and he went back to the mic.

I am wondering if Dave couldn't hear himself properly at times?
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Jagermeister
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Thanks to you tube it's pretty easy to pick a performance apart. I bet VA and RD didn't notice it so much at the arena.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                        I think it was a combination of perhaps being a litle under the weather and also the much-maligned headset did stop working during a song and he went back to the mic.

I am wondering if Dave couldn't hear himself properly at times?
                        There was no issue with his singing at the Henson gig I thought, but I DID notice him futzing around with his in-ear monitors a couple of times like they were driving him batty...perhaps there's still a few technical details with THAT to be sorted out, too...hard to not be pitchy when you can't hear yourself...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                          Thanks to you tube it's pretty easy to pick a performance apart. I bet VA and RD didn't notice it so much at the arena.
                          No, you're right.... But in the front row, it was quite loud, to say the least....

I wasn't hearing the singing nearly as clearly as I'm hearing it on the videos....

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I believe we may have seen the end of the headset.

Doubt it will rear its ugly head on the 18th.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Jagermeister
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

No, you're right.... But in the front row, it was quite loud, to say the least....

I wasn't hearing the singing nearly as clearly as I'm hearing it on the videos....
                              CAN YOU HEAR TODAY?

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Brett
                                Last I checked, I gave my Cafe Wha tickets to James in NY, and actually went out of my way to get him tickets. In fact VA asked me how I got James in to begin with so he could get this place in. That's how all this started with the shows for the sites. It's been a nice partnership with the Army with all this...then I have to read some bitter, ridiculous comments.

I live in LA, of course I'm fucking going the only TWO times in my life I'll ever see VH like that in my backyard. Unreal people think I should have given THOSE tickets away too. Fuck that.

Some of you are such miserable assholes. Seriously. I thought maybe things had changed around here after meeting Jay, bantonelli, Tony, and RD. Incredibly nice people. Still the same stupid bitter shit going on between some people over nothing. I don't even know why I'm replying, nothing good will come from it. Eh....whatever.

Poj, not talking to you of course. I wish you could have come. I was hoping.
                                I would have done the exact same thing you did Brett. You shouldn't need to defend yourself. Hope alls well over there!! Glad to see you had a good time. Both times.
                                “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

Working...