Van Halen--TOUR REHEARSAL--LA--FORUM--2/8/12--Roth Army Exclusive!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

One question and one observation.

Regarding the ringing ears. Last concert some of my friends wore earplugs at the concert and I was stunned. They said 'Oh yeah, you have to do this or you're going to be deaf for 2 days." And of course, I was. This time I am in for 3 concerts in one week and just wondering how many of you wear earplugs and how many go bareback, so to speak.

Now for the girly wardrobe part of the thread - Dave gets props for the new "Star shirt", the new silvery jacket and I think the shirt with the vertical stripes is new too. Hooray! I'll shut up now.

Oh dear.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
      Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by if6was9
      Dave, please listen to this guy and do what he says. Otherwise you're gonna be kicked out of Van Halen again. Van Halens are in top form now. They don't need a singer who can't sing and tries to move like a drag queen instead. Please stop it, we don't want another Van Hagar or VHIII era. We want you in the band!
      Are you also the guy who keeps posting Sapatula Pics..? This post and those pics fall under the primary of the 3 rules, of no dick pics.

If you are some cool guy who throws alot of weight around here, I would say kindly fuck off anyway.
      2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

Looking at these pics .. its a band .
        Dave aint looked this happy since fuck knows whe n....
        Wolf looks like he was always in the band ....
        The interaction on stage looks like there all having a good time .
        And as for Dave having an off night .... lets not mess about we all know he comes good in the end ... we all know thats how fairy stories end the valiant prince saves the day ...

1996 we want dave in VH
        2000 we want dave in vh
        2004 Dave or the grave motherhuggers
        2005 if i rub this magic lamp what happens .... strange bloke in a turban appears you want how many wishes
        2007 tour to warm up for world domination
        2012 CD ,TOUR van halen take over the world and change its name to "what ever the fuck dave says"
        2013 the christian name sammy outlawed
        2013 huge funeral pyre of un sold van hagar cd's effects ozone layer
        2016 dave lee roth wins usa presidential election
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

Originally posted by van hln CA
          Good news in late set we get Women in Love, Girl Gone Bad & Outta MFn Love Again, these 3 made me wood up, hell yes.

? Outta Love Again? Gees wow howdy dooody that would be sweet. But I would also be happy with "Outta Space" taking it's place. But pretty Ballsy to break out OLA. OLA is in my top 5, and I thinking of the range of vocals probably ok, and the band is playing tighter than since the early days. Hope everything goes smooth.
          Last edited by SunisinuS; 02-10-2012, 01:47 PM.
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• private parts
            Sniper
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            Dave does appear to be pushing it all vocally up an octave... also noticed at this last show and the Henson show both he was trying to physically belt it out beyond his normal range to the point he was over-extending his torso and neck at certain points. You're not going to perform well if you are physically over-driving it singing... Passion and emotional performances are fine but as a singer you can't afford to push it until the rev-limiter kicks in too many times.

Clearly their sound system has enough headroom to where Dave could throttle it back 2 notches and still deliver powerful vocals. Dave's always been active on stage but he seems a bit overly hyper, tense and not fluid. Notice when he goes into his low baritone speaking parts how he stops moving and his body posture looks really relaxed. Maybe he needs to scale back the Red Bull or bull... and smoke the joint private parts threw on stage.
            Agreed. He actually smoked (one puff before roadie took it away and smoked it himself) my splif and wore the bandana I threw on stage. I was screaming like a 13 year old girl (I was actually 16) Used to think I started that tradition that got them in trouble in Cincinnati back around 1980 but probably not.
            Women and Children tour.
            sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Well it's truly epic that VA and RD got to go. Plane tickets and everything, now that's devotion! It's great to see all these "previews" through many people's eyes. Congratulations and thanks for the updates.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                One question and one observation.

Regarding the ringing ears. Last concert some of my friends wore earplugs at the concert and I was stunned. They said 'Oh yeah, you have to do this or you're going to be deaf for 2 days." And of course, I was. This time I am in for 3 concerts in one week and just wondering how many of you wear earplugs and how many go bareback, so to speak.

Now for the girly wardrobe part of the thread - Dave gets props for the new "Star shirt", the new silvery jacket and I think the shirt with the vertical stripes is new too. Hooray! I'll shut up now.
                I tried to use plugs at the Jersey show in '07 and fucking hated it....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• hotsummerknight
                  Groupie
                  • Jul 2011

sammy doesn't wear a headset on the c-foot tour ... just sayin

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hotsummerknight
                    But he's had a cock in his mouth for the past 25 years....whats yer point???

Comment

• hotsummerknight
                      Groupie
                      • Jul 2011

my point is that the truly great singers don't need headsets. since, IMO, DLR is up there in vocal talent with sam, he prob wont be using one for the tour and hes just rehearsing with one for the time being.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

my point is that the truly great singers don't need headsets. since, IMO, DLR is up there in vocal talent with sam, he prob wont be using one for the tour and hes just rehearsing with one for the time being.
                        Totally disagree. Truly great singers can use ANYTHING they want. Dave is and can.
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

The Journey to California...Signs, Signs, everywhere the Signs!!!

I should have known something out of this world was coming my way.

first, in the Great white North, here is a pic of the Mcdonalds Dining area:

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Once in California - More signs...here at the Hard Rock by Universal Studios:

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• hambon4lif
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Why the hell would he need one to play gas station restrooms? Why the hell would he even need a fuckin' P.A.? ... just sayin

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I'll add a write-up later. Here are some pics at the show. Front row with VA, Brett, Jeff, and the Borat Hooker. Just a crappy cel phone, so sorry about the quality. My battery died after about 3 or 4 songs:

I am only postign about half the pics as I forgot to stop moving/screaming/yelling/singing when I snapped them. But hey, it ws a Van Halen show, so sue me.

This one is blurred but still cool:

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...