Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Yeah, they're burned out from the fucking heat in the arenas... May be their excuse, but I still think it's the fucking blowers...
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SNIPER
      My gut feeling even though that means nothing tells me everything will be fine once the real facts come out. But these fuckin gossip tab fuck heads are pissing me off. ...My #420 thought of the day btw,
      That's the sad state of main stream media these days. Throw out guesses or outright lies and report them as 'fact.' Worst case - no one remembers two days from now that you made up shit. Best case - you toast champagne with your colleagues in the break room that you gambled on your guess and actually got the story right. There is no more fact-checking anymore - it's as dead as the dodo.
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

LOL with the blowers.

Imagine you had to read Dr Suess books for 2 hours to a different school for months on end every 2 or 3 nights complete with sound check 4 hours prior. It would be taxing.

These guys are doing so much more than that.

I wonder if they were unable to put the time they wanted into configuring the live show due to the Album?

Some so-so reviews and lower attendance in smaller markets combined with the fact they could use a break could explain it.

It would be typical Van Halen to want to finish the tour strong. In a year or 2 who will remember this delay should they smoke the last leg with a bit of rest and a more involved stage with a few explosions/encore, whatever...
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

How rude.
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

The Show Must Go On.

Just sayin'....

Stones, McCartney, The Who, Rod Stewart, Alice Cooper, and a ton of others tour regularly and finish tours......

Well, Who don't tour regularly...
            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• VimFuego
              Groupie
              • May 2012

what VH think they do:
              Concerned that fans aren't getting 'the real deal', mid tour, they go on 'haitus' to concieve the best vh experience ever! all for us!

what VH actually do:
              With no warning or explaination, they cancel the entire tour, leaving fans frustrated, confused and furious at the band.

Van Halen logic at its finest.
              I could play "Stairway To Heaven" when I was 12. Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was 22. I think that says quite a lot.

Comment

• perrin29
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2012

In case you haven't seen Kody's Facebook page posted the link to vhnd's latest article. maybe it's an un-official way of telling people to chill the fuck out and not assume the worst.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                  The Show Must Go On.

Just sayin'....

Stones, McCartney, The Who, Rod Stewart, Alice Cooper, and a ton of others tour regularly and finish tours......

Well, Who don't tour regularly...
                  Not sure you really want to include Rod Stewart in that example, considering he's been doing nothing but easy listening shit for a while, and flat out refused to be involved in a Faces reunion tour, or even their Rock n Roll Hall of Fame gig.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Southpaw
                    Roadie
                    • Jan 2009

LA Times just wrote a article about the "cancelled" tour dates... what was interesting were all the comments calling for Sammy and Michael to come back to the band because Dave sucks so much, the album is terrible etc. Even the Times said they aren't in it for the long haul... looks like the wheels are falling off the bus... Newsday also trashed VH and showed that famous EVH pic during his crystal meth days...sad

Comment

• SNIPER
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by perrin29
                      In case you haven't seen Kody's Facebook page posted the link to vhnd's latest article. maybe it's an un-official way of telling people to chill the fuck out and not assume the worst.
                      So did the VH page!

Comment

• SNIPER
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

All those links seem to be bad now! WTF !

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                          Quick, someone check the dog's facebook account for a status update.
                          I love that I said this in jest, and then the friggin page gets updated with a link to the VHND story. The family dog is truly the source of information now.
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Can everyone calm the fuck down now ??

Van Halen Getting Along Fine, Taking a Break, And Planning to Extend Tour!
                            MAY 18, 2012

Just when we all were beginning to think we were going to get a killer Van Halen album and an entire tour without any drama whatsoever, look what happens!

Yesterday, Van Halen POSTPONED (not canceled!) most of their Summer tour dates with no reason given. Immediately, speculation ran wild. Fans wondered if there were health issues. Rolling Stone quotes a mysterious “source with knowledge of the tour” who supposedly said the band members “hate each other” and are “arguing like mad.”

The Van Halen News Desk now has some answers form our trusted and proven sources. Other than those Summer dates having to be moved, it’s actually good news.

First off, no one in the band is sick. No health problems.

Second, we knew right away that Rolling Stone’s “source” is completely wrong, and can not possibly be a person with actual inside knowledge of the tour, because all four band members have been getting along splendidly throughout the entire tour. Roth and the Van Halen’s talk every day, and they are all smiles on stage. Everyone who’s seen the tour or even youtube videos can confirm that.

In fact, the band is on such a high from playing together this year and they were really taken aback by the Rolling Stone quote. They’re older and wiser and haven’t had any issues with one another.

Why were these dates postponed? The band has been working tirelessly for the last 18 months – writing and recording “A Different Kind Of Truth”, filming the “Tattoo” video, rehearsing, putting together the show themselves (lighting, the videos, the stage, routing the tour, and lots of behind the scenes stuff that most people don’t even know about). The band wants the second leg to be as awesome as the first. And for that to happen they want to put more time into the planning of it. Not just continue on with the same show.

Van Halen is very enthusiastic about the rest of the tour and wants be on the road for a long time. Just how long remains to be seen, but we’ll say that the tour will probably continue into next year. They are now considering touring Australia and Japan in the near future.

As it stands now, the 31 postponed US shows are due to be rescheduled. There should be some sort of official announcement forthcoming.
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Momshell
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by perrin29
                              Great - now we have to rely on Eddie's dog to get any fuckin info from these guys!
                              Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Momshell
                                Great - now we have to rely on Eddie's dog to get any fuckin info from these guys!
                                I know!! Classic.
                                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

Working...